What's new

Puducherry home to Pakistani student

Then why not base our reservation on poverty and not on caste or religion?
I ve no problem with that if its for whole subcontinent.

Already the no of IITs and IIMs existing in India is not enough for the Indian Students itself. In India many are trying to join there but not getting seats, we cant fulfill our students needs also. So talking about reservation for other country students is bullshit.
Then increase the number of these premier institutes with heavy increase in education's share in budget.

There is solution to it ie limit the reservation to one generation only.If father avails reservation then his son will not be eligible for it.Coz for that generation reservation serves the purpose of bringing person up the social order.

Unfortunately that is not followed in India, the great 'reservations' or balancers haven't done their job well. There are still lot of SC candidates suffering because of lack of money and their own brethren cheat them by making their sons avail reservations. These families can afford and are educated and employed from atleast two generations and still want reservation.

One of my colleague when working in Mumbai personally told me that she was a SC category but still didn't go for quota along with her brothers as they could afford the education and others deserving were there to avail it. Her friends and relatives weren't so open minded as her family.She was from Bihar, how many are there outside who will think in such a way, the creamy layer theory isn't implemented so what protects others from exploitation.

You talk of 65 years or whatever exploitation, what about people from so called 'forward castes' who are poor? they don't have money and have no reservation, does this mean either they go extinct or some 100 years later we have 'other' ready for reservation 2.0??

AHH WHY ARE YOU ALL HIJACKING THE TOPIC

AJTR ..... stick to the topic and stop this banter on reservation !!

Then increase the number of these premier institutes with heavy increase in education's share in budget.

Yes, we have to increase that to meet the expectation of Indian students. But now we are not in position to spend for other country students.

Personally I don't want Pakistani (even as student) in our peaceful regions coz those people know well hw to ruin peace.

I have the similar feelings for unwanted Indians on PDF ... GTFO from here

Why bring the whole subcontinent in to the picture? Are they going to invest money in to the Indian education system?

Where is the money going to come in from again?

Abhishek, this maybe an extremely nice gesture, and most opportune moment to build bridges with the future decision makers of Pakistan!

But sir, here there heavy competition for admission in IIT and NIT.....

We aren't USA or EU to give admission just like that.... we need to improve alot...there is a longggggg way for us.....

getting admission in IIT is dream for millions of students.... so please

ajtr is an epic....

I have the similar feelings for unwanted Indians on PDF ... GTFO from here

Correct argument: You can't even tolerate Indians at this forum but you expecting us to tolerate Pakistani's at our place; your statement is quite insane :azn:.

Correct argument: You can't even tolerate Indians at this forum but you expecting us to tolerate Pakistani's at our place; your statement is quite insane :azn:.

and very ignorant of you when you only read my replies and forgot to read why was that idiot was replied in this manner

sounds like some nalaiq student from patoki village....no one is interested in indian education...pondicherry lol ...look at the name....
Don't talk like an illiterate. You need to go join up too! Check it out...

This is Pondicherry:

i1is7cf3mx3bsnqy.D.0.pondicherry_city.jpg

And the University...

3331506383_a8df9d13e8.jpg

4443001016_dfcd4da6aa.jpg

5504491756_b492c69974_o.jpg

Under construction...

umsget.jpg

madanjeet-puducherry-university.jpg

puducherry-university-exam-wing.jpg

Pondicherry-Univ-stadium.jpg

How about setting aside a number of seats for International student and the remainder of seats should be rolled over to the local quota after the deadline for enrolments.They have to pay International fee's because education is highly subsidized by the government for Indian citizens.

UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Institute for South Asia Regional Cooperation (UNESCO MISARC)
What the **** is that?

That's actually a great idea. Get IIM's and IIT's to open up campuses in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad. These institutes will be swamped with applications on day ONE!

Think about the potential benefits. :what:
No i dont think we should do that. National Competitive edge and all. Its not about the money for these institutes, they are funded by the govt directly. You have no idea how tough it is to get into those. Really many people keep Stanford/Princeton/NUS etc as backups!

But i agree. We should have a SAARC quota in IIT/IIM's. Within that quota, it should be merit based competition for all SAARC countries(minus India obviously) treated equally. This way we get to share good educational institutes with neighborhood countries as well. All the seats of the quota should be added to the existing number of seats instead of marking them from the current pool.

Back
Top Bottom