What's new

PTM Watch

I'm afraid addressing the 'real issues' is appeasement when you can't even deal with an obvious outnout propaganda circus.
in this case of PTM timely disposal of Roa Anwar case was the real issue and the current propaganda circus was initiated on this basis, but now forceful subversion of PTM will not only prove them right (same story of MQM in 92 onward) but would give birth to 100 other real issues to initiates many more propaganda circus

and to respond 5gen warfare not a single institute but a whole nation have to react....

in this case of PTM timely disposal of Roa Anwar case was the real issue and the current propaganda circus was initiated on this basis, but now forceful subversion of PTM will not only prove them right (same story of MQM in 92 onward) but would give birth to 100 other real issues to initiates many more propaganda circus

and to respond 5gen warfare not a single institute but a whole nation have to react....
bro why its taking so long to punish Rao Anwer if he is guilty

I agree with @pzfz this policy of appeasement is not working with this movement. It is now time we face it head on instead of ignoring it. Let's not do the same mistake we did with TTP in its early days.

I agree with @pzfz this policy of appeasement is not working with this movement. It is now time we face it head on instead of ignoring it. Let's not do the same mistake we did with TTP in its early days.
we all can agree to disagree .... but what I said was clear (quoted below)
We after the independence as an STATE for the first time have realised that inequality, political and social injustice would certainly end our survival in the future, so TLP and PTM, MQM type political factors or TTP, BLA/BLF type hardcore terrorist will eventually lose their grounds with the passage of time IF we start addressing the real concerns of common man regarding the economy and peace in the country.
I don't know from where the debate of policy of appeasement came In fact what I said about it is this
actually appeasement and addressing real issues are two different things in my post the part you highlighted has two catching words COMMON MEN and REAL CONCERNS not the appeasement of some elite as we usually witness

you mean AZ is more powerful then the state ?
he is powerful enough to influence the system and segments of different state institutions

That's the type of thinking that got us into mqm, ttp, bla in the first place. Give them time...the generals have got it all figured out...etc. Also the type of thinking that apologizes for the incompetence of the generals. Who care's about 'proving them right'? when they and their supporters already think they're right. The government also proved the TLP right and yet the heavens didn't fall. Worry about putting an end to such menaces instead of cloudy theories about "all institutions" and "the job of the nation". At the least do NOT respond meekly to their threats and propaganda disguised as demands. Have a proper counter-narrative which is sorely lacking (and no ISPR is not the answer). You don't negotiate with terrorists and their sympathizers. Forceful, legal action against them is the only way forward. Pussyfooting around the issue is just going to land you in the next iteration of a ptm or bla or mqm. None of them, least of all ptm, is scary; but such instances do take away from the national discourse of stability and prosperity, economy, global affairs, etc. That's the problem with Pak's decision makers...always responding.

I don't know from where the debate of policy of appeasement came In fact what I said about is this

Debate of policy of appeasement came in because that is exactly what we are following viz a viz PTM

PTM has no genuine issues. It keeps on changing its demands. It keeps on changing its goal post.

And we keep on giving them breathing space.

I don't know from where the debate of policy of appeasement came In fact what I said about it is this

he is powerful enough to influence the system and segments of different state institutions

Don't mean to disrespect you but your supposed clarity is only in your head. Disjointed thinking had you bring up irrelevant topics like elite and real concerns. You're trying to connect dots where the dots don't exist.

Debate of policy of appeasement came in because that is exactly what we are following viz a viz PTM

PTM has no genuine issues. It keeps on changing its demands. It keeps on changing its goal post.

And we keep on giving them breathing space.

even if in another universe it did, where the hell do the elite and servicing the real concerns of the people even come up? States don't survive when they let potentially destabilizing forces keep on mouthing off.

Having said all of what i said, ptm is in no position to threaten the state like the ttp, or even bla or mqm. It does not have the support it thinks it (or voa/rfel/bbcurdu) has. Its popularity is in afghanistan, afghan refugees in Pak and europe, and on twitter with fake profiles. The movement has never had a successful rally, even with the support of failed communists from Karachi and Punjab. The supposed political victory in the mna elections was only because of the stupidity of Imran Khan in having - in effect - a seat adjustment with these failed surkhas.

Last edited:
At the least do NOT respond meekly to their threats and propaganda disguised as demands. Have a proper counter-narrative which is sorely lacking (and no ISPR is not the answer). You don't negotiate with terrorists and their sympathizers.
you want to curb a POLITICAL problem with gun ....???

Army is not the answer to PTM challenge it need to be defeated politically, now tell me how many political parties are opposing PTM in fact some are planing to support their Islambad march and you want to build counter narrative under the supervision of whom .....??

Forceful, legal action against them is the only way forward
Bhai again PTM is pitching herself against Army any legal or forceful action initiated by Army will prove their propaganda its time the civilian should take this task ..... its not the duty of a Army General to create and influence political landscape of the country or you want another propaganda campaign of Khali Makhlooq or Mahakma-e-Zarat ...???

you want to curb a POLITICAL problem with gun ....???

Army is not the answer to PTM challenge it need to be defeated politically, now tell me how many political parties are opposing PTM in fact some are planing to support their Islambad march and you want to build counter narrative under the supervision of whom .....??

Bhai again PTM is pitching herself against Army any legal or forceful action initiated by Army will prove their propaganda its time the civilian should take this task ..... its not the duty of a Army General to create and influence political landscape of the country or you want another propaganda campaign of Khali Makhlooq or Mahakma-e-Zarat ...???

meray bhai what is your dying concern about proving them right or wrong? What are they gonna do if they're proven "right"? What did the noon league do when they were proven "right"? TLP? Nothing! Never said it was the duty of the army, its the duty of the national security apparatus = the establishment, if you will. Who cares about propaganda? These anti-Pak elements will move on to the next campaign while vilifying Pakistan and creating hurdles in its steps towards stability. These campaigns do affect the overall image of Pak and its investment climate. If that's not the concern of the 'world's no. 1 agency' than I don't know what is.

And how does putting a subversive movement down through legal means equate to "solving" it with GUN?

how difficult it is for the state to start a counter-propaganda against PTM exploit their weaknesses divide them in to good and bad PTM... same like they did with mqm lately

how difficult it is for the state to start a counter-propaganda against PTM exploit their weaknesses divide them in to good and bad PTM... same like they did with mqm lately

they don't have the brains hence the excuses. But if it did it would not the counter-propaganda. Just the facts and the law of the land taking its place.

even if in another universe it did, where the hell do the elite and servicing the real concerns of the people even come up? States don't survive when they let potentially destabilizing forces keep on mouthing off.

Only genuine case they had was of Naqeeb murder. But a single murder is simply not enough to run a movement against state. So they brought everything from missing persons to IEDs to IDPs. They keep on changing goalpost

That is why I said instead of ignoring them we should face them directly. Bring them on media. Expose them. They have no agenda. Whatever narrative they have is very weak. Won't stand an hour interview. Manzoor Pashteen was badly exposed when he gave interview to Zarra Khoro in Dawn News. BLA/TTP/MQM had stronger and better narrative than these guys.

Back
Top Bottom