What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Talal is an idiot, he should stop making a fool of himself.

Last edited:
now that azadi march lost its air and Imran went home to sleep, PTIers are hoping for something other miracle. Those 100s of thousands of PTIers who did not make it to azadi march are given the job of finding any non-credible news and making it incredible news

PTI needs to do massive introspection.

What went wrong? Why? They must learn ALL the lessons..analyze this fiasco to death...and become even more stronger Inshallah!

PTI needs to become much more organization on ground level..specially across rural areas. They need to create massive political infrastructure with honest people in charge. They should send their teams to study Communist Party of China, Republican/Democratic parties of the United States and so on.

Imran Khan's biggest political leverage was his ability to pull out massive crowds on streets. This leverage seems to be all but gone :(

Disastrous for PTI...

But this might be a good thing. PTI needs to look internal weakness, organize much better, and come out stronger Inshallah..

now that azadi march lost its air and Imran went home to sleep, PTIers are hoping for something other miracle. Those 100s of thousands of PTIers who did not make it to azadi march are given the job of finding any non-credible news and making it incredible news
It is too early to jump to conclusions right now.

It is too early to jump to conclusions right now.

no its not too early buddy, this dumbo Imran had a chance to negotiate on NS's offers and then he would have had an upper hand by calling off the march, but brain of a cricketer only works the cricket ground not in the field of politics. Now he'd be lucky if 10000 stay with him after 2 days and 4 days from now PMLN wouldnt give $hit about PTI and Imran.

My mom was telling me that my bro met with Imran Khan yesterday when the long march reached near my city. So yes general public did have some sort of access to the leadership

She also told me that the Chaudhry brothers distributed lunch boxes to the people participating in long march

Yes its true, in Gujrat chaduhry brothers did distribuite lunch boxes.

Nothing will happen, nor will Shehbaz Sharif EVER be brought to justice unless this fascist nizam is changed and constitution is restored.

It takes people to respect the constitution for it to be of use.

In words of Dr. Rasool Baksh Raees, this is just power politics masquerading as politics of principles. PML-N and PTI were both championing constitution despite being poles apart. Good show.

Now we have to see what gains our deep state has made by manipulating useful idiots and how to undo them. We have been set back 2-3 years. PTI can not continue to play a positive role unless it steps back and assesses the situation. Its been used to pressurize PML-N government. Now either it can recognize that, or it can ignore the lessons and make another bid in a year or two. Time and IK's decisions will tell.

Every body should go home and ponder over how this fiasco happened. There are going to be winners and losers. I shall write an article about that tonight and share with you all. But nobody should lose any hope. We are a united country and we shall stay a united country. We will make our collective decisions and live by them.

No PML-N or PTI can shake our vision for sake of power politics. We are smart shoppers. We will get the best deal out of them.

Rather you are a fool and should stop displaying your idiocy.
Are you trying to intimidate me? You have links with Talal?

I expect better professionalism from a moderator.

Last edited:
Are you trying to intimidate me? You have links with Talal?

I expect better professionalism from a moderator.

No, but I have been hearing and reading him for a while. He has integrity. What makes you assume superiority over him to take out your anger? Find a more appropriate target.

PS> You should not dish out if you can not take it yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very appropriate for today:

Message by political class to GHQ, rest of world - thenews.com.pk
Farrukh SaleemSaturday, August 16, 2014
From Print Edition

240 11 229 0

ISLAMABAD: In the afternoon of August 13, Mian Shahbaz Sharif, the chief minister of Punjab, and Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, the federal minister for interior, flew out of Lahore. Just before sunset on August 13, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan and Mian Shahbaz Sharif drove straight from the airport to the Army House for an unscheduled meeting with General Raheel Sharif, the chief of Army Staff.

Just after sunset on August 13, Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif allowed PTI’s Azadi March to enter Islamabad. The COAS’s advice is designed to reduce the probability of clashes between aggressive PTI marchers and the government; clashes that could have turned bloody.

The root driver behind the threatening marches has been the government-military altercation over a host of issues including PML-N’s approach to handle the TTP, Pak-India stratagem and the Musharraf trial.

Of late, PML-N’s predilection towards the army has changed. Of late, the PM has been spending more and more time with the army chief. As a matter of fact, the PM has held three back-to-back events with the army chief. Have the root issues been resolved? Probably not.

The marches have diverted PML-N’s focus from undermining the army to requesting for army’s assistance to counter the long-marchers. The marches have brought the army back to the centre of the political chessboard.

PML-N’s survival now depends on two factors: the sheer number of protesters and the intensity of violence. If Imran Khan and Dr Qadri are able to gather hundreds of thousands then PML-N’s survival looks dependent on the army. And if the intensity of violence becomes high then the probability of things slipping out of control is high.

Pakistan’s political class is sending out two messages, one to the GHQ and the other one to the rest of world. The message to the GHQ is that politicians cannot resolve political disputes without GHQ’s intervention-and that the political system is dependent on the GHQ. The message to the rest of the world is that for all regional concerns, they would have to deal with the GHQ, not with the political government.

Back
Top Bottom