What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Right! family members in PTI, we voted for PTI, my friends are in dharna. Why is it that every PML supporter has the same story?
Are you guys that ashamed to accept the fact that you are a PML (N) supporter and telling lies will not take you anywhere. Why don't you just accept that you guys voted for PML and that your leader Nawaz failed you miserably.

Who told you I am a supporter of PML (N). You are assuming it yourself.

One of the basic problem with PTI is you people assume things yourself and when they went wrong you start crying.

There is a time and place for everything. Nawaz Sharif offered via address to the nation for establishing a commission and Imran Khan rejected. Now when PTI dharna has lost momentum and perhaps shall end in a day or two PTI can not force their demands. They do not have peoples force behind them.

Ever wondered Imran Khan has in reality strengthened Nawaz Sharif.

Imran has enough force behind him and coming days will be a testimony to that. Nawaz has committed more than enough blunders, last one yesterday when his goons attacked a peaceful convey in Guranjawala. People doesnt like him army doesnt like him, if history is to go by, his days are numbered. He has dig his own grave.

Who told you I am a supporter of PML (N). You are assuming it yourself.

One of the basic problem with PTI is you people assume things yourself and when they went wrong you start crying.

Because this trend is being displayed for far too long by the PML supporters.

Tahir ul Qadri has won the battle of long march hands down purely on the basis of superior planning, superior numbers, safe passage and impeccable discipline of his workers. PTI will host a series of flood light jalsas in the name of a sit-in while Qadri has dug in deep and will hold ground.

No going back till PM Nawaz’s resignation: Imran Khan at Azadi March
August 16, 2014 04:51
ImranKhan-Azadu-890x395.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan spoke to Azadi March gathering and announced a sit-in till the resignation of Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif, ARY News reported.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

He announced a sit in till 3PM, a deadline he set for PM to resign and asked all Pakistanis to come and participate in the sit-in.

PTI chief promised fresh elections and a corruption free system accusing the present government of establishing monarchy in the country.

He revealed that government cautioned him that Punjabi Taliban can attack his caravan.

A determined Khan spoke to an enthusiastic gathering of his party men and maintained that when there is no democracy in the country, who can threaten it.

He said he cannot call a government constituted upon fake mandate, a democratic government.

Among other revelations, the cricketer-turned-politician told protestors that millions of fake ballot papers were printed two days before the 11 May 2013 elections. Imran claimed that the attack on his caravan in Gujranwala was engineered from a police van.

Azadi March protestors making history: Javed Hashmi speaks
August 16, 2014 04:33
JavedHashmi-890x395.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) President Makhdoom Javed Hashmi spoke to Azadi March gathering and said that we want none but Imran Khan and we will not let PTI chief fail, ARY News reported.

Hashmi opined that the marchers are making history by coming up in large numbers and braving the weather.

The veteran politician warned everyone that if the PTI workers’ voice is forcibly silenced, he and his party will not tolerate it.

The PTI President claimed that the nation has announced its decision, Nawaz and Shahbaz should go home. His Prime Minister is only and only Imran Khan.

- See more at: Javed Hashmi's speech at PTI Azadi March gathering at Aabpara, Islamabad | ARY NEWS

Nawaz, Shahbaz were ‘actual’ monarchs: Former ADC reveals
August 16, 2014 02:55
MajorKhalid-890x395.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Former Aide-de-Camp (ADC) of Prime Minister Pakistan Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, Major (retd) Khalid did some shocking revelations in ARY News special transmission to cover Azadi and Inqilab Marches, ARY News reported.

The former ADC to PM Nawaz told anchor Mubasher Lucman that Shahbaz Sharif took millions of dollars worth amount in Motorway project as kick-backs in Pakistan.

Khalid revealed that Mian Nawaz Sharif promised to bear expenses of Prime Minister House in his previous term as PM after announcing ‘Qarz-utaro-Mulk-Sanwaro’ scheme but never paid bills of his official residence.

About the October 1999 coup, he said that Nawaz Sharif’s close aide Khayyam used to record all his conversations and send it to General (retd) Pervez Musharraf, who took over government then.

Major (retd) Khalid opined that none runs house like Nawaz and PML-N ran state business and called them ‘monarchs’.

- See more at: [VIDEO] Shahbaz Sharif received millions in Motorway project in Kickbacks: Nawaz's former ADC Major(retd) reveals | ARY NEWS

Imran has enough force behind him and coming days will be a testimony to that. Nawaz has committed more than enough blunders, last one yesterday when his goons attacked a peaceful convey in Guranjawala. People doesnt like him army doesnt like him, if history is to go by, his days are numbered. He has dig his own grave.

Because this trend is being displayed for far too long by the PML supporters.

Before long march Imran Khan had peoples force behind him. After long march that force has diminished a lot. He does not have the same strength as before long march.

Army does not need Imran Khan's long march to remove Nawaz Sharif. In fact they do not need any reason. People does not like him is a thinking in Imran Khan's head.

Before long march Imran Khan had peoples force behind him. After long march that force has diminished a lot. He does not have the same strength as before long march.

Army does not need Imran Khan's long march to remove Nawaz Sharif. In fact they do not need any reason. People does not like him is a thinking in Imran Khan's head.

Let us wait and see shall we? This thread about Azaadi march update. Lets keep it that way. We can discuss it elsewhere.

May be this all shit is arranged by top tier so that no bloody revolution (syria/Sudanese/Libya) can take place in future in Pakistan. But for this this march has to fail. Let see what happens in next 72hrs.

I am understanding him and you alright, it is you who is having a hard time understanding a simple fact that whatever happens in pakistan is for Pakistanis to decide, not US, Not India and not Saudi Arabia. But i guess for someone who's leader is brought in by fake mandate and on the behest of countries like Saudi Arabia and US, the reality is hard to digest.

It is not about him or anyone. It is about Imran Khan. He is within in rights to talk about Pakistan politicial affairs whether as local, and non-local. Think of him as foreign observer which you are trying to insinuate and he is questioning the policy of PTI. Bear in mind, he is using democracy rights; the rights PTI partak for Azaad, freedom, in term of democractic freedom of speech rights.

But your post sound like, "who care, you cannot say anything about Imran khan". I am sorry, but that's what i feel by reading your post. Forgive me if i am mistaken. God bless you and him.

Can't you mqm Bhangis not talk in a polite way ? Tameez tou kareeb say bhi nahin guzri?

Diehard party workers like you are pathetic .. In another thread you wer calling Kashmiris India's traitors n terrorists... Insaan ban jao.. Koshish kar k dekho..

As for your parentsn their opinion .. Ask them whatnot many Biharis were massacred on 10 march alone ... Or abt the mass killings of Bangalis in santiana,Khulna,new colony,Joydev,premium,crescent etx jute mills... Or how the west Pakistanis n Biharis were cramping into Dacca airport for weeks to escape East Pakistan ..

And as I said read a book (if you can).

He's a true footpathia lol.

I am understanding him and you alright, it is you who is having a hard time understanding a simple fact that whatever happens in pakistan is for Pakistanis to decide, not US, Not India and not Saudi Arabia. But i guess for someone who's leader is brought in by fake mandate and on the behest of countries like Saudi Arabia and US, the reality is hard to digest.

You are standing on a street with another person close by. He's watching a bus to hit you and you'll be dead, then he also sees some thieves who'll take your money away whether you live or die. This other person is an Indian or Chinese or British or French....as a human being, will he warn you what's coming your way or just because you are on street in Pakistan, you'd tell him to shut up as he's a foreigner and you get killed or injured in that process? I am SURE you'd appreciate someone giving you advise for YOUR sake. Similarly, when Pakistanis on here are supporting an unconstitutional issue that can break their country and get many killed, I think its time for me to make sure someone heard me telling you the busy is coming. I am doing my jobs as a global citizen and a human. In Christianity and Islam both, you'd do that. So why use such a twisted logic to get away from the real questions? Common sense is, as humans, we try to help others when we can....

It is not about him or anyone. It is about Imran Khan. He is within in rights to talk about Pakistan politicial affairs whether as local, and non-local. Think of him as foreign observer which you are trying to insinuate and he is questioning the policy of PTI. Bear in mind, he is using democracy rights; the rights PTI partak for Azaad, freedom, in term of democractic freedom of speech rights.

But your post sound like, "who care, you cannot say anything about Imran khan". I am sorry, but that's what i feel by reading your post. Forgive me if i am mistaken. God bless you and him.

When i say it is up to Pakistani to decide their faith, it does not mean i am against all opinions but the fact remains how Pakistan progress should be left for Pakistanis to decide. The only thing i asked of him was to not insult IK and generalize every Pakistani because he/she supports IK. I am sorry but i cannot be any clearer than this. You talk about democratic rights yet when we PTIANs try to exercise that right, we are labelled stupid and terrorists taking hostage the entire nation. You dont see the hypocrisy even in your own posts?

Should we also call ttp as pashto talibans on the lines of punjabi talibans :D

You're so right about these racial connotations. If media was to play reports like "pashtun Taliban attack this" or "10 pashtun Taliban killed", it would cause a massive shit storm all over. And most of these Punjabi Taliban are from D.G.Khan and Muzaffargarh type areas, where Saudis are known to fund madrassahs and stuff, but they're mysteriously not "Saraiki Taliban" lol. It's funny how it's politically correct to talk shit about Punjabis. Like even national newspapers like express tribune can pass articles claiming how Punjabis are cowards and all. lol.

You are standing on a street with another person close by. He's watching a bus to hit you and you'll be dead, then he also sees some thieves who'll take your money away whether you live or die. This other person is an Indian or Chinese or British or French....as a human being, will he warn you what's coming your way or just because you are on street in Pakistan, you'd tell him to shut up as he's a foreigner and you get killed or injured in that process? I am SURE you'd appreciate someone giving you advise for YOUR sake. Similarly, when Pakistanis on here are supporting an unconstitutional issue that can break their country and get many killed, I think its time for me to make sure someone heard me telling you the busy is coming. I am doing my jobs as a global citizen and a human. In Christianity and Islam both, you'd do that. So why use such a twisted logic to get away from the real questions? Common sense is, as humans, we try to help others when we can....

This is not as simple as you made out to be "a man standing on the road about to be hit by a bus".

Moeed Pirzada, a PTI follower, in distress analysis:

Why Imran Khan's Azadi March & Dharna look like a flop? What went wrong? -

this is 6.30am, on Sat and I am up since 22 hours and so I have an idea what tiredness can do to anyone who has not slept for 40 plus hours and who has been traveling and addressing public gatherings across many towns, sitting in rain and battling hostile crowds and so on - so I can understand that Imran and all PTI leaders wanted to take a rest, and wanted to recharge before resuming their political campaigning. But the way it happened has disrupted whatever momentum they had generated by their 40 hour long march from Lahore through GT road and most of the political capital, the public trust and emotion they had created in their slogans in their fierce campaign over the past several months if not the past whole year. And they did it by suddenly disappearing from the 'pandal' ie the venue of their 'Azadi March' on Kashmir Road, after telling their followers and workers that Dharna to demand
Nawaz Sharif's resignation will start from 3pm.

What went wrong? Disasters and Failures in life often consist of simple things. We may fear others destroying us, of overtaking and overpowering us but in the end we often are our worst enemies. We in media had blasted the Nawaz & Shahbaz Govt for unleashing the coercive forces of state against their political opponents - Model Town massacres, arrests, detentions, seizures and Containerization and road blocks etc - and our argument was always that let Qadri and Imran come to Islamabad with their followers and let govt negotiate with them. Argument was: Political threat to PMLN lay not in crowds with demands but in unintended violence that may spiral out of control.

Similarly the threat to PTI and PAT did not lie in govt's coercive machinery it was inside the limitations of their own vision and management ability. Imran and PTI's failure existed in their inability to differentiate between the logistical requirements of a glorious "city jalsa" and a "Long March like Azadi March" - PTI did not understand the dynamics of what it entailed, what was needed. For instance on Thursday when a few thousand PTI workers arrived from KPK into Islamabad, expecting to join a roaring crowd somewhere the CM KPK welcomed them but PTI had no arrangements for their stay, sleeping, food and water and toilettes etc. Those hapless Pashtuns loitered around Aabpara market and other areas in Islamabad, purchased burgers and sandwiches for Rs. 200 a piece and then most of them left. A police officer told me that he had counted around 400 Pick Ups and most of them had left by Friday morning and the Police Officer was convinced that they - the PTI workers - were so pissed off, so upset by the time they left that they won't be coming back.

PTI's march across Punjab suffered from similar mismanagement and lack of understanding issues. The beating they received at the hands of PMLN in Gujranwala now appears only a small minute part of their challenges; the larger problem lied in their failure of management and planning. Their venue in Islamabad kept changing, they never arranged for food, water, shelter and toilettes etc for their supporters and they never understood the impact of rain. So when they finally descended upon Islamabad around 2am or so and reached the Jalsa they had no real plan how to handle all this. Worse, their speeches against Nawaz Sharif and the system that did not function were fiery but little did they realize - even while making those revolutionary speeches of dying for change - that they had not planned anything for the next few hours. Crowds in thousands kept braving continuous rain, kept chanting and roaring but leaders who vowed not to leave Islamabad till the ouster of Nawaz Govt had neither planned for the next few hours of the crowds nor communicated to the crowds as to what needs to be done. Clear communication of issues and challenges to crowds matters. So no one knew what to do, no one told what crowds should do, where should they go and where to hide from rain? So as soon as the visionless leadership disappeared the public - the confused mass of protoplasm by now - also melted into the nearby markets. Will they turn up at 3am on Sat? I don't know! Some of them may, but my guess is that most of them would leave, they were not told, not explained and whereas by morning - if it is not raining - new crowds might turn up from Rawalpindi and PTI leaders might give apologies and explanations my feeling is that momentum of this long march is broken.

What should Nawaz govt do? Anyone who has watched our TV discussions over the past few days would remember that I had repeatedly argued that Imran's demands are a 'maximalist agenda' up for negotiations and scaling down. And also that marchers - both Imran Khan & Dr. Qadri - are coming to Islamabad under a cooperative framework, with permissions, demarcated areas and red lines; these never represented the conquering armies of Gen. Douglas McArthur into a fallen Japan, or a Paul Bremer into Iraq; these were disgruntled political elements with political demands and they need political solutions for genuine problems that exist regarding the Elections 2013. Nawaz govt now has a clear upper hand, not due to its coercive apparatus or policing skills or support of the army but by virtue of its tolerance, its patience, its political judgment that protesters/marchers should be allowed, accommodated and negotiated with. It should still go ahead and politically accommodate both Imran and Dr. Qadri. Remember real power speaks with politeness and its time to be polite and accommodating.

Lets meet with more on politics in our broadcasts in next few hours - until then Khuda Hafiz!

Moeed Pirzada - Why Imran Khan's Azadi March & Dharna look... | Facebook

Good news!! Pomi butt who created a riot and injured several by throwing stones at crowd of imran khans march and khans container, has been released by our noora police. And on other hand noora police has lodge no FIR against pomi butt instead they lodged FIR against several PTI and PAT workers who are peaceful through out this march, and not only that, noora police is arresting PTI and PAT workers on large scale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom