What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

The petition is kinda like election but good thing about it would be that you can get rid of incompetent quickly and like you said if they know that there every move is being judged and questioned then they will try to do something better. The forum would be to debate government policies and show the work they are doing in their respective districts.

You do know that after election date not a single candidate can be found :D

"Quickly" is a relative term. Every five years is quick enough on a national level. You have to give time for policies to work. And after elections, voters need to make the effort to communicate to the representatives too.

"Quickly" is a relative term. Every five years is quick enough on a national level. You have to give time for policies to work. And after elections, voters need to make the effort to communicate to the representatives too.

I think four years is better and the incompetent can be recognized during the first year. Like I said representatives can't be found after election, you need to have some VIP pass or something to meet them.

The petition is kinda like election but good thing about it would be that you can get rid of incompetent quickly and like you said if they know that there every move is being judged and questioned then they will try to do something better. The forum would be to debate government policies and show the work they are doing in their respective districts.
believe me @qamar1990 said something similar :p:

I think four years is better and the incompetent can be recognized during the first year. Like I said representatives can't be found after election, you need to have some VIP pass or something to meet them.

Sure, some elections are every four years. The terms can be changed by the appropriate amendments as needed. And for meeting Reps after elections, one just has to make the contacts and the effort. Sometimes meeting with a staff member on the Reps team is enough to communicate. One just has to learn how to play the game.

we or them? :unsure: Does standing there giving off biryani and sounding rude count? :undecided:

Both sides need to make the effort.

Sure, some elections are every four years. The terms can be changed by the appropriate amendments as needed. And for meeting Reps after elections, one just has to make the contacts and the effort. Sometimes meeting with a staff member on the Reps team is enough to communicate. One just has to learn how to play the game.

The representative in our area when he loses election, you can go and meet him any day but if he wins he can't be found. My family is very active to get things done in our area so I know that and same for other representatives and same I have heard from my friends in other districts. One thing I have learned from observing politics in Pakistan is that if you aren't getting involved in it, 90% chances are that some incompetent or family dynasty will come in power. Meeting a staff member leads to nothing.

The representative in our area when he loses election, you can go and meet him any day but if he wins he can't be found. My family is very active to get things done in our area so I know that and same for other representatives and same I have heard from my friends in other districts. One thing I have learned from observing politics in Pakistan is that if you aren't getting involved in it, 90% chances are that some incompetent or family dynasty will come in power. Meeting a staff member leads to nothing.

As long as you are actively involved, you will find the correct way to participate too, that works in that area.

"Quickly" is a relative term. Every five years is quick enough on a national level. You have to give time for policies to work. .

5 years is too long and is frankly a big part of the problem--the losers can't wait. There were some rumblings about making election intervals every4 years and I fully support that. So reducing the interval plus (mostly) fair elections plus no 3rd force intervention--these three will go a long way in putting Pakistan on the right track.

5 years is too long and is frankly a big part of the problem--the losers can't wait. There were some rumblings about making election intervals every4 years and I fully support that. So reducing the interval plus (mostly) fair elections plus no 3rd force intervention--these three will go a long way in putting Pakistan on the right track.

If the required amendments are punt into the Constitution to modify the term as determined by Parliament, of course, why not? The "3rd force" will remain a problem, however.

If the required amendments are punt into the Constitution to modify the term as determined by Parliament, of course, why not? The "3rd force" will remain a problem, however.

Don't you think it's influence will substantially decrease if election are held after four years?

Don't you think it's influence will substantially decrease if election are held after four years?

Not really. The Parliament remains the supreme law-making body no matter what the term. What is more important is regular and timely and peaceful transitions of power from one term to the next.

Not really. The Parliament remains the supreme law-making body no matter what the term. What is more important is regular and timely and peaceful transitions of power from one term to the next.

That's the key. And that's what, to a large extent big problem with countries like Afghanistan and lot of other countries: Power transitions have been violent. But for all its fault, despite coups and judicial cover-ups for coups, Pakistan has managed power transitions relatively more peacefully. And that should never be allowed to change. Pakistanis have an uncanny ability to kick out every govt after a while and so no Hosni Mubarak is possible in Pakistan.

Political instability is the mother of all corruption.

Anyway, let's hope assemblies' term be reduced to 4 years. From what I recall, there was supposed to be a bill in current parliament to that effect with bipartisan support?

BxG9UiVCAAAhh74.jpg

28th day of Protest and still growing !

We should have a forum or something that broadcasts our views to the government and a petition that if it gets enough votes it should be mandatory for the government to take action on it and court should try to enforce it if government isn't following it, much peaceful and better way than protests. What do you guys think?

@Syed.Ali.Haider @Meengla @Akheilos @Leader @Jazzbot

And others too :D

maybe, once the PTI govt is formed in federal, we can have that sort of innovation..

nonetheless I appreciate your idea, its practical..its definitely a mode of protest in future, sooner better than later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom