What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

PTCL ki speed kaysi jari hai?? :D

It is variable, but pretty acceptable overall.

Okay I don't know from which era you are but I am guessing you are really old, nowadays construction work in Pakistan can be classified in three types, army, private developers like Bahria, DHA (they give contracts to someone else but still better work) etc and the poor quality you are talking about government.

No Sir, you really should see the quality elsewhere in the world to know that what passes for quality in Pakistani construction is still pretty poor by comparison.

No Sir, you really should see the quality elsewhere in the world to know that what passes for quality in Pakistani construction is still pretty poor by comparison.
yes and no....

Been to NYC excellent highways but not all their roads are top notch mind you :p:

Been to London only highways are great and maintained other parts not soo much :D

Been to Rome ....OMG

Been to Paris ...only highways are good ...rest are normal

Been to Nordic regions well alot of their roads are excellent considering the snow they get ...

Been to Germany...excellent highways ...even my NYC cousin was asking about their transport system..but some are also err normal though mostly I travelled by train or tram so cant say too much about the road overall

Been to Pakistan only motorway can be considered relatively good but now due to lack of maintenance well ...

Been to Malaysia...highways are awesome too...

Been to Singapore same as Malaysia but have more highways

Been to Thailand highways are the only roads that are good

Other countries...dont need to mention much :D

yes and no....

That was a great post. I was using construction quality in a wider sense, not just roads. The weather stresses and the amount of traffic determines wear and tear of roads quite significantly.

It is variable, but pretty acceptable overall.

Let's stay in Pakistan, quality of road developed by army and private developers is many times better than our government yet it should have been the other way around or maybe close.

That was a great post. I was using construction quality in a wider sense, not just roads. The weather stresses and the amount of traffic determines wear and tear of roads quite significantly.
Hence my previous posts regarding research input....I am not sure if there was anyone doing any survey or did they hire some unpar for 5 Rs and kept the remainder of the money saying yes we did our survey? :unsure:

Let's stay in Pakistan, quality of road developed by army and private developers is many times better than our government yet it should have been the other way around or maybe close.
This though am not happy but I have to agree!!

All the roads to cantt is always nice and clean while other roads are ....ahem ahem

We can talk about it more, but let's stay on topic in this thread.

Any updates about a possible negotiated settlement to wrap up the dharna?

Hence my previous posts regarding research input....I am not sure if there was anyone doing any survey or did they hire some unpar for 5 Rs and kept the remainder of the money saying yes we did our survey? :unsure:

All the roads to cantt is always nice and clean while other roads are ....ahem ahem

Please see my post above.

We can talk about it more, but let's stay on topic in this thread.

Any updates about a possible negotiated settlement to wrap up the dharna?

Please see my post above.

Okay , last I heard was that negotiations broke down and everyone is busy with the floods, if I am right IK also left the dharna and has gone to Sialkot and is visiting the flood victims.

An interesting news was being reported by an express news reporter that flood victims aren't allowed to go in front of the convoy which is visiting the flood areas to report about their problems, problem is they disconnected him off quickly and I wasn't paying much attention much at that time so don't know who's convoy it was IK, NS or SS, anyone else heard of this?

If Sialkot traders can make an airport why can't our government do some credible development work instead of always looking after lahore ?

Okay , last I heard was that negotiations broke down and everyone is busy with the floods, if I am right IK also left the dharna and has gone to Sialkot and is visiting the flood victims.

Uniting to help flood victims is good, but dragging on the dharna is not. I hope that both situations are resolved as best and as quickly as possible.

If Sialkot traders can make an airport why can't our government do some credible development work instead of always looking after lahore ?
Yes I was impressed by what they did...they made their own roads (some parts) and yes that airport was impressive news of what CAN BE ACHIEVED by individuals why need a govt which cant even do half the job of few individuals?

Off topic, but this is Sialkot Airport too:

NL B734 Damaged During Engine Run Up (photos) — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

Back to the topic, when is the next round of negotiations?
lolz you want to attack an airport people made not on provincial nor National budget? Give respect where it is due man!

This is the fault of the workers rather than the traders, right @Syed.Ali.Haider ? :enjoy:

I don't have any news, should wait for Leader.
it was 2010 news that Syed sahab was impressed with :D

This is the fault of the workers rather than the traders, right @Syed.Ali.Haider ? :enjoy:

I don't have any news, should wait for Leader.

Flight apron and ramps should not be made from patio pavers, but that is another story.

Let's see what updates are posted here soon.

lolz you want to attack an airport people made not on provincial nor National budget? Give respect where it is due man!

it was 2010 news that Syed sahab was impressed with :D

Just another example of poor quality construction, that is all, but why go off topic? :D

Any updates on the dharna?

Islamabad protests: PTI asks if SC can hear, rule on political gatherings

540ec90ddf210.gif

ISLAMABAD: The PTI has asked whether the Supreme Court has the jurisdiction to hear petitions against sit-ins and whether any judgments can be passed by the apex court to direct or regulate a political gathering in the form of a dharna.

PTI posed the question in response to the apex court’s call for recommendations from political parties over a petition regarding extra-constitutional steps and sit-ins in the federal capital.

PTI’s counsel Yousuf Khosa submitted the party’s response before the five judge bench headed by Chief Justice Nasirul Mulk.

The response asked if the apex court could give guidelines on sit-ins and if there were any laws on such demonstrations in the country.

The party asked as to how a political sit-in should be regulated in the future in a manner that does not violate fundamental rights guaranteed under the Constitution. It also posed questions relating to the scope of Article 16 of the Constitution with respect to sit-ins.

“What amounts to a reasonable restriction imposed by the law?” the party asked the question in its written response.

“What falls under the remit of interest of public order? What determines the extent of the reasonableness of the restrictions and what actions would be in the interest of public order?...what is the redressal mechanism for the citizens of Pakistan who are of the view that they have been deprived of their right to assembly as provided under the Constitution and deprived unlawfully by the state.”

It also asked: “What are the responsibilities and obligations of the government against whom such a political dharna is being exercised?”

PTI’s response came a day after the Pakistan Muslim League – Quaid (PML-Q) submitted its reply in the court saying the current dispute should be resolved by the political leadership in accordance with the principles of democracy.

Both PTI and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) have been holding sit-ins in the federal capital since August 14.

Islamabad protests: PTI asks if SC can hear, rule on political gatherings - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Off topic, but this is Sialkot Airport too:

NL B734 Damaged During Engine Run Up (photos) — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

Back to the topic, when is the next round of negotiations?
In a city according to Dawn which looks like this

52102d5ecd15c.jpg

Sialkot: An aerial view of flood-hit Baddomali area on Saturday. — Photo by APP

I would call it a miracle if the airport survived! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom