What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Correct, had PTI not accepted the results in May 2013 then the whole elections could have been affected, given the massive support PTI had then. Also, PTI started the protest too early: 2016/17 would have been far more effective.
Imran Khan should get a 'Tamgha' for political stupidity!

If the purpose of this current protest is to force the government to introduce transparent election process then politically this is the right time. Reasons which IK has presented now shall lose their validness by 2016/17, counter argument of being late and enjoying government in KP for almost its term would make IK position vulnerable to a strong criticism.

Every aspect of Pakistani society is infiltrated by one or other form of religious beliefs. Aero is absolutely right in his observations.

Tell me something, you being a Wahabi, how many times did your dad tell you to read certain verses before going to the bathroom? If, basic things such as the 'right way to do crap' can come under some sort of 'right' or 'wrong' dictate, then you guess how much of religion has to play a role in day to day Pakistani life.

Most of you guys are walking definitions of brain-washed people. You tell me, what should I call you, where 99% of logic would escape you????

This is completely nonsense, cheap name calling. This got nothing to do with Salafist ideology in Pakistan, stop bring religion into this.

There are some Salafi supporting PTI and Imran Khan.

Bhawawwawawawawawawwawawawawawwawa...... at least one positive outcome of this whole drama........... Butts are not patriots, they just love their Biryani and Nihari..................... :rofl:

@Armstrong, our beloved ButtStrong......... :D

Oa @Armstrong, yeh kia ho raha hai?

Bhawawwawawawawawawwawawawawawwawa...... at least one positive outcome of this whole drama........... Butts are not patriots, they just love their Biryani and Nihari..................... :rofl:

@Armstrong, our beloved ButtStrong......... :D

Asliyat samnay agayi hai...yar Butt bara mayoos kia tum nay...ayenda baat na karna.

If the purpose of this current protest is to force the government to introduce transparent election process then politically this is the right time. Reasons which IK has presented now shall lose their validness by 2016/17, counter argument of being late and enjoying government in KP for almost its term would make IK position vulnerable to a strong criticism.

Unfortunately for his politics, IK was a fast bowler who operates in quick session and didn't possess patience in the first place....for a raw political student like me......IK should never ever disclose publically at least till the end that he is personal with NS and actually want to removes him from premiership, his share arrogance lead him to this day that he finds himself in a totally blind ally.

1959360_10152659766040070_8561614084243616120_n.jpg

@Oscar

I'm seeing Jhang episode's repeat.

NS's terrorist allies from Laskar e Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Sahaba, Azam Tariq group and Ahl-e-Sunnah wal jama, which is a new brand of SSP are becoming active in Jhang district. Looks like Nawaz Sharif wants to lose his Salfi dogs to go and kill Shia's and Sunnis in Jhang to divert military's attention.

According to my sources, situation in Jhang is getting tense and know that Ahmadi town of Rabwa is just around the corner!!

The situation is now at a stalemate for both sides. So something has to be done to change the equation. IK is temping his rivals in KPK now, Nawaz wants to "allow" a threat to the music festival. Its going towards bloodshed, and innocent women and children will be its primary victims. Be it in Jhang or Isb.

The situation is now at a stalemate for both sides. So something has to be done to change the equation. IK is temping his rivals in KPK now, Nawaz wants to "allow" a threat to the music festival. Its going towards bloodshed, and innocent women and children will be its primary victims. Be it in Jhang or Isb.

What kind of stalemate? Ik tried and lost all his option on his hands one by one and now seeing towards third umpire for miracles while NS have a lot of things on his disposal to claim a decisive victory, he just didn't want to convert IK into a cornered cat un-necessarily....that's the only reason things a lingering on and on at the moment.....!

@Chak Bamu

Chahudris are domestic political stake holders.

United States is a colonial power.

Saudi Arabia is a 'foreign' power which backs Salafist ideology in Pakistan.

Al-Qaeda and its ISIS loving terrorists are well, terrorists!

Come again.

So, was the reference to Zardari apt, seeing that he is a 'domestic political stake holder'?

USA has said nothing that impacts us. What do you expect US State Dept to say, that they support unconstitutional demands of hooligans?

I would like to know what are the views of Saudis on this as well. I am not aware of anything that they have said. If you wish to claim that JUI or some other party is acting at KSA's behest then I can only smile and point to your view about 'domestic political stake holders'.

Where does AQ, ISIS, or anyone else fit in this picture? If the only requirement is flight of fancy, then others can claim Taliban (yes the AQ, ISIS loving terrorists) support for IK.

None of your points work. It is just your opinion and that too based on contradictions.

Not really. 2016/17 would in fact be the right time, since anyone would understand the timing as apt in light of 2018 elections. This does not mean that pressure can not be built or maintained during 2014/15. Now PTI would have no momentum. If electoral reforms are indeed done, what would PTI have to do when time comes build momentum in the lead up to 2018 elections? This desperate push has some other reasons, not reforms.

Well for talks the team has reached the hotel. Lets see what they agree upon.

What kind of stalemate? Ik tried and lost all his option on his hands one by one and now seeing towards third umpire for miracles while NS have a lot of things on his disposal to claim a decisive victory, he just didn't want to convert IK into a cornered cat un-necessarily....that's the only reason things a lingering on and on at the moment.....!

I would not underestimate the will of the Umprie to take the side of IK given the right prod. NS has to walk a VERY balanced line. He cannot be the inciter of violence; yet his subordinates in the party seem to be looking for just that.

Last edited:
LAHORE: Butt fraternity has expressed immense grief and anger over its character assassination during speeches by politicians at protest sit-ins in Islamabad, while the members have also warned of a ‘Butt March’ if the process continues, ARY News reported.

According to details, Gullu Butt, Pomi Butt and Billu Butt have become important enough to get space in the speeches of leaders of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT), yet the speeches are inciting grief and anger among the Butt brotherhood countrywide.

In this regard, scores of masses from Lahore’s Butt community staged a protest demonstration at Mall Road, Lahore and strongly condemned the use of foul language against them in Islamabad.

The Butts of Lahore gave an ultimatum to Imran Khan to present an apology within 24 hours for speaking ill and waging false propaganda against them.

They said, “We are peaceful people and if the propaganda against us was not stopped, then all the Butts will march from Karachi to Peshawar”.

I stand with butt biraderi, T Khan and his supporters have abused Butts in speech.

Back
Top Bottom