What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Red Zone orders: Use rubber bullets, teargas and 'lathi charge'
By Shakeel Qarar
Published about 5 hours ago
53f359a218393.jpg

— Photo by author
ISLAMABAD: Police deputed in Islamabad's Red zone area were authorised to use force against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) protesters staging their Azadi March in the federal capital, according to the copy of a document available with Dawn.

The document, signed by a Supervisory Officer at the spot, allowed the use of rubber bullets, tear gas and lathi (baton) charge against the protesters if they entered the Red Zone.

Visuals and TV footage showed policemen and women, other security agency personnel (FC and Rangers) standing at the ready in riot gear.

Security in the Red Zone has been divided into three tiers with policemen deputed on the front-lines, other law enforcers (FC and Rangers) as the second tier, while army troops have been deployed in the third tier to protect key installations.

Additional containers were also placed on Constitution Avenue on routes leading to the Parliament and Secretariat.

PTI chief Imran Khan on Monday had vowed to lead the march into ‘Red Zone’ of the federal capital upon expiry of his deadline today.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister Shaukat Yousafzai confirmed that women and children would march in the second row, right behind key PTI legislators and Imran Khan. The PTI Youth Wing would follow behind the women.

Yeah, tell that to people of Iranian revolution, French revolution, American revolution etc etc. Yes, there are bloody revolutions but also peaceful ones. I hope this one remains peaceful.
Good luck with it man, if you think like that.

Pakarmy supports no political party in pakistan?
It's just there, to save the embassies & other important places, waiting that this crowd will go away by itself , just towmmarow could be the last day, noora king will run away from the supporters like you?

The only reason PMLN allowed them [PAT+PTI] to march red zone with the confidence of Pakistan army. Now, Pakistan army is positioned to safeguard the properties as well as to ensure this march goes smoothly, Allahu Alim.

Change the hashtag to @AyiAyiPTIAyi ........ @BallayBallayPTI............ :D

Agay yeh ganjay chor ke bachay hatay nahin i will leak some juicy shit on them and i am not kidding. Bas hogayi. People dont realize, bijli nahin ho mera kya generator hai mere paas. Bijli mahngi ho i an afford to pay 10 times the cost. I do not want N because i have a vested interest in PTI. I want it for my countrymen who are poor and can barely afford to pay 7k bijli ka bill.

@AyiAyiPTI

@GoSharifGo

thats the very difference. According to what you have mentioned, US govt did not ridicule the crowd even if their estimation was 16000 and took note of the protest. Unfortunately in Pakistan our so called Democratic govts have ridiculed democracy due to their majoritarian way of governance.

violent agitation - even if not justified - is ultimately a result of govt's insensitivity towards opposition's complaints.

That is a great point. In a mature democracy, NS would have accepted IK's criticisms, and appointed him head of an electoral reform commission with wide powers to ensure that the next elections were better and fairer. And in that dream world, IK would have accepted that role and worked hard to make it a reality.

The only reason PMLN allowed them [PAT+PTI] to march red zone with the confidence of Pakistan army. Now, Pakistan army is positioned to safeguard the properties now.
Thats what you think, but noora-Kingo , s govt failed to stop both the PAT & PTI marches cause they are affraid of bieng charged some thing like model town, & it was Thier failure from day no 1?
Pakarmy won't save the political parties, & politicians just because they hve elected with rigged votes doesn't make them angels?

Red Zone orders: Use rubber bullets, teargas and 'lathi charge'
By Shakeel Qarar
Published about 5 hours ago
53f359a218393.jpg

— Photo by author
ISLAMABAD: Police deputed in Islamabad's Red zone area were authorised to use force against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) protesters staging their Azadi March in the federal capital, according to the copy of a document available with Dawn.

The document, signed by a Supervisory Officer at the spot, allowed the use of rubber bullets, tear gas and lathi (baton) charge against the protesters if they entered the Red Zone.

Visuals and TV footage showed policemen and women, other security agency personnel (FC and Rangers) standing at the ready in riot gear.

Security in the Red Zone has been divided into three tiers with policemen deputed on the front-lines, other law enforcers (FC and Rangers) as the second tier, while army troops have been deployed in the third tier to protect key installations.

Additional containers were also placed on Constitution Avenue on routes leading to the Parliament and Secretariat.

PTI chief Imran Khan on Monday had vowed to lead the march into ‘Red Zone’ of the federal capital upon expiry of his deadline today.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister Shaukat Yousafzai confirmed that women and children would march in the second row, right behind key PTI legislators and Imran Khan. The PTI Youth Wing would follow behind the women.

Pakarmy supports no political party in pakistan?
It's just there, to save the embassies & other important places, waiting that this crowd will go away by itself , just towmmarow could be the last day, noora king will run away from the supporters like you?

Exactly. Status-quo people running this country for the last 67 years blaming UK, US, Israel, India for their problem.

Back
Top Bottom