What's new

PTI sacks Pervez Khattak for asking workers to quit former ruling party

Some names suggested to establishment for future political parties.

Very creative. And I'd add 'Qaumi Taraana Party'! Hahahaha!!

But seriously, IF even Mehmood Khan is deserting Imran Khan than that's absolutely a slap on Imran's face! Not so long ago he was Imran's handpicked top guy in KP. Regardless, the rapid disintegration of PTI shows how little effort Imran had put into making a political 'party' and how much it was a cult! I mean, '27 years of political struggle' came to this? I understand there is the State repression but the speed and the magnitude of disintegration can't be explained away by repression alone.
It was a cult!! A 'Tanga Party'.

Very creative. And I'd add 'Qaumi Taraana Party'! Hahahaha!!

But seriously, IF even Mehmood Khan is deserting Imran Khan than that's absolutely a slap on Imran's face! Not so long ago he was Imran's handpicked top guy in KP. Regardless, the rapid disintegration of PTI shows how little effort Imran had put into making a political 'party' and how much it was a cult! I mean, '27 years of political struggle' came to this? I understand there is the State repression but the speed and the magnitude of disintegration can't be explained away by repression alone.
It was a cult!! A 'Tanga Party'.
خان انکو اپنے لوڑے ہر نہ لکھے
:lol:

Last edited:
So Mehmud Khan has also deserted PTI! Some '27 year political struggle'!!

Former PTI leader Pervez Khattak on Monday launched his own breakaway faction of the party by the name of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Parliamentarians (PTI-P).

Social media was rife today with visuals of the gathering of the newly formed party and its members, including former Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister Mahmood Khan.

So Mehmud Khan has also deserted PTI! Some '27 year political struggle'!!

This line signifies the tragedy that is befalling our political discourse these days.

This line signifies the tragedy that is befalling our political discourse these days.

I don't understand you.
To me the 'tragedy' is that after a so-called '27 year political struggle', this is the best Imran could do? I mean his Chief Ministers were THE most important leaders in two important provinces and three out of four have deserted him while the fourth is probably looking for a 'deal'. What kind of 'leader' Imran was to have chosen such important positions so badly? What kind of leader Imran was that he is virtually deserted by his entire second-tier leadership in a mere span of 2 months? Maybe he deliberately chose to be a one-man show because of his mighty ego? What kind of 'legacy' would be left behind by Imran had he suffered a cardiac arrest and died? I tell you the legacy: PTI would have been dismembered very quickly, as it is being dismembered. Establishment or not, PTI was/is a one-man show.
People need to really really look hard and dispassionately at Imran Khan as a person and as a leader.

I don't understand you.
To me the 'tragedy' is that after a so-called '27 year political struggle', this is the best Imran could do? I mean his Chief Ministers were THE most important leaders in two important provinces and three out of four have deserted him while the fourth is probably looking for a 'deal'. What kind of 'leader' Imran was to have chosen such important positions so badly? What kind of leader Imran was that he is virtually deserted by his entire second-tier leadership in a mere span of 2 months? Maybe he deliberately chose to be a one-man show because of his mighty ego? What kind of 'legacy' would be left behind by Imran had he suffered a cardiac arrest and died? I tell you the legacy: PTI would have been dismembered very quickly, as it is being dismembered. Establishment or not, PTI was/is a one-man show.
People need to really really look hard and dispassionately at Imran Khan as a person and as a leader.

Tell me, what would you do if what's happening to PTI and family members was happening to you? Mothers were manhandled and slapped around, and wives, kids, parents, and in-laws were picked up. The establishment threatened other party members to split, create groups, etc. A man will do what's best for his family.

I don't understand you.

You wouldn't understand if you are hell bent on making IK and PTI be seen as outcasts rather than focus on the circus of our governance.

The tragedy is that the military establisment picks out people, threatens them, and the next day they switch parties, but instead of calling this out or raising a voice against state brutality, you find it much more convenient to blame 'X banda sath nhn khara tha, yeh this 27 saal ki struglgle'.

Imran Khan can have a cardiac arrest today and die tomorrow for all I care, and his party can go in a hole 100 feet below ground.

But this tradition of state brutality will continue. Just change the name.

Now moving on to the laila majnu qissa you wrote, tell me, how many people joined this new party and how many are still left? Out of the 50 odd people who were named in that classic ISI type list, 10 have gone on video and said they aren't joining the new party.

2 people were given on physical remand to the police on Friday, and today they were sitting in this meeting in qalaf walay suit, without any bail orders or anything. How do you think that happened? To those who were tortured in jail and have switched, I would completely understand.

Shahram Tarakai, Asad Qaiser, Atif Khan, Ali Muhammad, Shehryar Afridi, Shah Farman, and many more are still with PTI.

Perhaps it's time you stop worrying about Imran Khan and PTI and start worrying more about the state of affairs in Pakistan's governance and political structure.

Shahram Tarakai, Asad Qaiser, Atif Khan, Ali Muhammad, Shehryar Afridi, Shah Farman, and many more are still with PTI.

Perhaps it's time you stop worrying about Imran Khan and PTI and start worrying more about the state of affairs in Pakistan's governance and political structure.

They are nothing without Imran and you know that and they are not wanted by any other political parties because they are not 'electables' which is the hard, sad reality of Pakistan's politics. Even otherwise giants like SMQ, Sh. Rasheed and Pervez Elahi have become political orphans because no one wants them.

Pakistan's governance and politics is rotten and will only change once there is stability--an anarchist who jumps on containers every few days is hardly needed.

And Of course I don't support the State repression but I also know that others also faced far worse repression before and yet remained largely intact.
Face the fact: Imran Khan never formed a 'political' party because he never had the mind for that or even the intention to do so. It was probably a well-meaning agenda and it makes me not happy to see years of hopes being dashed. A good leader would have groomed second tier leadership. But this guy is so.... well... I will not repeat myself the same things I have said many times in last few weeks.

They are nothing without Imran and you know that and they are not wanted by any other political parties because they are not 'electables' which is the hard, sad reality of Pakistan's politics. Even otherwise giants like SMQ, Sh. Rasheed and Pervez Elahi have become political orphans because no one wants them.
So were those who jumped ship electables?

Pakistan's governance and politics is rotten and will only change once there is stability--an anarchist who jumps on containers every few days is hardly needed.

Yes, what we need for stability is the military wheeling dealing and imprisoning Pakistan's political middle class and installing a puppet government. That sure is gonna do wonders for stability.

And Of course I don't support the State repression but I also know that others also faced far worse repression before and yet remained largely intact.

Who exactly? Please tell me, please recall or enumerate those past instances. I am intrigued to know.

Face the fact: Imran Khan never formed a 'political' party because he never had the mind for that or even the intention to do so. It was probably a well-meaning agenda and it makes me not happy to see years of hopes being dashed. A good leader would have groomed second tier leadership. But this guy is so.... well... I will not repeat myself the same things I have said many times in last few weeks.

As I said before, Imran Khan can go to hell for all I care. Stay on topic.

Who exactly? Please tell me, please recall or enumerate those past instances. I am intrigued to know.

You need me to tell you how far there is history of PPP and Noonies were repressed? Go back to the 1970s and start--or maybe even before that. Their top and next tier leadership AND political workers had been literally flogged, hanged, exile multiple times, imprisoned for long periods, reputation destroyed, cases filed, made to run between different courts.

Back
Top Bottom