What's new

PTI-JI remove ‘objectionable’ material from textbooks ..Very revolutionary, indeed."

Naya KP mubarak ho !
Shut up and stop trolling!

It gives you shudders because you failed to understand the logic behind it.
Please do explain to me the logic behind narrowing the thinking/ view and whatnot of children?

What is wrong with good morning? You mean to say if these kids go abroad they wont know even what good morning is? How is that suppose to bridge any differences? No where in Islam does it say alienate yourself!

In a textbook a girl without hijab is wrong? If Prophet had that view he would have ended up forcing Islam on everyone...Sadly this is far from what Prophet wanted!

Even the most strict sahaba Omar didnt destroy churches nor narrowed people´s understanding of respect for another religion

So yes I failed to understand what logic serves alienating oneself from the world to such a degree.....How is one supposed to do da´wah when you cant even say a proper good morning to someone? Its a fail from every angel!

That's just your ranting based on bigotry and hatred. And this post of yours has nothing to do with topic of the thread. "mullahs" here are not demanding power but demanding textbooks instil Islamic values to Muslims kids and their demand has been met and justifiably so.

Hatred and rant, my bad i should be showering the mullahs with flowers for practically destroying pakistan. Funny thing is most Bangladeshi here claim how good their economy is doing compare to pakistan, and here you are a Bangladeshi citizen telling us how pakistan should continue on the same course. Because You stand to benefit from the destruction of Pakistan.

So why not teach only about the religion that we follow? Is the west teaching Islam to their students??

You either teach properly or you don't teach at all, having JI-Islamic studies taught to our students is no good. And to answer that question:

Yes, the west, kids here get taught about Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Atheism, Agnosticism. All major world religions, without discrimination!

Please do explain to me the logic behind narrowing the thinking/ view and whatnot of children?

What is wrong with good morning? You mean to say if these kids go abroad they wont know even what good morning is? How is that suppose to bridge any differences? No where in Islam does it say alienate yourself!

In a textbook a girl without hijab is wrong? If Prophet had that view he would have ended up forcing Islam on everyone...Sadly this is far from what Prophet wanted!

Even the most strict sahaba Omar didnt destroy churches nor narrowed people´s understanding of respect for another religion

So yes I failed to understand what logic serves alienating oneself from the world to such a degree.....How is one supposed to do da´wah when you cant even say a proper good morning to someone? Its a fail from every angel!

Honestly, some of you just cease to amaze me every so often. It's because of your brilliantly illogical logic. Answers in the same paragraph pattern:

There is nothing wrong with 'Good Morning' if it is taught after 'Assalaam-o-Elikum' because these children need to learn our culture and our religion before they ever get to use the former. And, the bridging that you seem to have conjured is a 2-way street.......Is the other side also teaching all their children 'Subh Bakhair'??

In a textbook, a girl without 'dupatta', I believe, may not be wrong to you but so may not be many many grown up girls and women who not only wander out without dupatta, they do so without sleeves and with generous necklines and skin fitting pajamas/kurti's or shirts etc., but to many of us it is the precise opposite of Islam and any Muslim society. Also, it is easier to teach a child the good, albeit hard at time, practices and guidelines of Islam rather then at a later age. The child in the textbook is to be idealized by the students, education after all is the first building block of a better human and better society. I wonder how the Prophet would react to our society today and to your posts.

Respecting other religions and the right of religious freedom of others is a teaching of Islam and not of Caliph Hazrat Omer (R.A.) alone. However, I seriously fail to understand where PTI has encouraged razing of churches, temples or any other places of worship. Even more importantly, what has this got anything to do with the curriculum changes that were under discussion?

Finally, to learn, understand and educate ourselves and our future generations about our religion is not equal to alienation. Infact, Islam teaches and encourages us to spread Islam through our deeds and actions and only by honest education and a firm root level commitment to religion and education can we do that.

So, the next time you feel the urge to jump into arguments needlessly, especially religious arguments, you may want to remember that you are going to die one day and that you will have to defend your words and actions infront of Allah on the day of judgement.

You either teach properly or you don't teach at all, having JI-Islamic studies taught to our students is no good. And to answer that question:

That is your opinion, you may or may not be correct but how can you make that statement without going through the proposed changes in detail?

Yes, the west, kids here get taught about Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Atheism, Agnosticism. All major world religions, without discrimination!

Can you kindly provide link to that curriculum and its details, I am sure a country such as UK would have a universal education system and that would readily be available online. I would really like to take you home on this.

My kids are educated in States but they did not get to study about religions at least in the Public School system. That said, I actually prefer it this way. I prefer kids learn only three subjects, i.e. English, Math, and Science, but thats me.

Krantikari, bahut hi krantikari. :P

Krantikari=revolutionary.

Honestly, some of you just cease to amaze me every so often. It's because of your brilliantly illogical logic. Answers in the same paragraph pattern:

There is nothing wrong with 'Good Morning' if it is taught after 'Assalaam-o-Elikum' because these children need to learn our culture and our religion before they ever get to use the former. And, the bridging that you seem to have conjured is a 2-way street.......Is the other side also teaching all their children 'Subh Bakhair'??

In a textbook, a girl without 'dupatta', I believe, may not be wrong to you but so may not be many many grown up girls and women who not only wander out without dupatta, they do so without sleeves and with generous necklines and skin fitting pajamas/kurti's or shirts etc., but to many of us it is the precise opposite of Islam and any Muslim society. Also, it is easier to teach a child the good, albeit hard at time, practices and guidelines of Islam rather then at a later age. The child in the textbook is to be idealized by the students, education after all is the first building block of a better human and better society. I wonder how the Prophet would react to our society today and to your posts.

Respecting other religions and the right of religious freedom of others is a teaching of Islam and not of Caliph Hazrat Omer (R.A.) alone. However, I seriously fail to understand where PTI has encouraged razing of churches, temples or any other places of worship. Even more importantly, what has this got anything to do with the curriculum changes that were under discussion?

Finally, to learn, understand and educate ourselves and our future generations about our religion is not equal to alienation. Infact, Islam teaches and encourages us to spread Islam through our deeds and actions and only by honest education and a firm root level commitment to religion and education can we do that.

So, the next time you feel the urge to jump into arguments needlessly, especially religious arguments, you may want to remember that you are going to die one day and that you will have to defend your words and actions infront of Allah on the day of judgement.

That is your opinion, you may or may not be correct but how can you make that statement without going through the proposed changes in detail?

Can you kindly provide link to that curriculum and its details, I am sure a country such as UK would have a universal education system and that would readily be available online. I would really like to take you home on this.

That is a very narrow or rather "scared" worldview right there; from a person(or grouped mindset) that feels that it is no longer relevant and hence must come up with various reasons to keep its grip on a more rebellious(if not strictly well informed) society stronger lest they be thrown out into the scrum of history.

What exactly does teaching a girl about Dupatta somehow prepare her for doing so at a later stage? Will that prevent her from engaging in pre-martial affairs and sending nudes over the cellphone to a guy? NO.

Those choices are entirely hers to make and hers alone. Whether she keeps a Dupatta or not depends upon her household and the upbringing there. Nor does the presence or absence of a Dupatta tell the girl what she is destined for later on.

As for the bolded part, do you not see the absolute hypocrisy in your statement?
If she is to be judged by Allah then it is HIS prerogative to judge her. You are no Prophet to pass authoritative ideals on the former or to speak for his judgement which has YET to happen.

Back
Top Bottom