What's new

PTI-JI remove ‘objectionable’ material from textbooks ..Very revolutionary, indeed."

How about a 50 tonne tank with no hatch? Painted pure black so that there is no confusion.

As long as the guns are removed to prevent PMS revenge attacks, and somebody male is the designated driver at all times. :D

That is a very narrow or rather "scared" worldview right there; from a person(or grouped mindset) that feels that it is no longer relevant and hence must come up with various reasons to keep its grip on a more rebellious(if not strictly well informed) society stronger lest they be thrown out into the scrum of history.

Actually, rebellious is that minority that is often extremely vocal, too vocal for its own good. That liberal class that considers it their sacred right to determine the path for the majority of us. It's the class that have forgotten their values, or were never provided any, and consider religion a 'pick as you go' theory rather then a defined and determined set of Holy rules. Their interpretation is engineered daily to suit their hypo-critic ways of life.

What exactly does teaching a girl about Dupatta somehow prepare her for doing so at a later stage? Will that prevent her from engaging in pre-martial affairs and sending nudes over the cellphone to a guy? NO.

Those choices are entirely hers to make and hers alone. Whether she keeps a Dupatta or not depends upon her household and the upbringing there. Nor does the presence or absence of a Dupatta tell the girl what she is destined for later on.

The girl in dupatta tells her how to dress similarly as a figure of a girl in a swimsuit would for her to wear that at the beach, this is just an example. Why should we have figures of girls without dupattas when the values that we want to instill in our children is that of a dupatta and of modesty. You know how you create a liberal society? You begin at the earliest age that you can and expose that innocence to immodesty such as dresses that are common in the west but are a serious no-no in our religion, and to some extent in our society as well. Also, I wonder due to all the attention that this thread is getting from some of our 'extreme' liberal folks, what exactly do you have against a figure where a girl is depicted actually wearing a dupatta, I mean why are you so threatened by that?

Besides, I wonder how many times I have to repeat myself and explain to you that schools and education play a big role in discipline and training of a developing mind. Why not do things right the first time and teach them 'our' values before we teach them about 'others' once they are old enough to decide the good from the bad for themselves.

As for the bolded part, do you not see the absolute hypocrisy in your statement?
If she is to be judged by Allah then it is HIS prerogative to judge her. You are no Prophet to pass authoritative ideals on the former or to speak for his judgement which has YET to happen.

You fail to understand the meaning of the word in bold and its contextual use. It is not I that is judging anybody, rather my defense of the change in syllabus to the point of its alignment to Islamic teachings rather then against them. On the day of judgement, I fear that I may be asked to defend myself on whether I attempted to defend the religion, whether it be in real life practice or an online forum.

Your zeal for the religion is commendable however, I think we should not leave just about everything on the Schools. I remember, by the age of 10, I had already gone through major religious books thanks to my Mother. She even made me to read her Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi's 'Beheshti Zewar', a book that used to be given to every newly wed girl as an essential part of the dowry (in Sunni Deobandi Muslims). I can vouch that my training as an acceptable (I would never say good) Muslim came from my parents and not from the School, though I got my school education from a Jamaat-e-Islami-run public School in which Arabic and Quran classes were must. However back then for us as students, they were just subjects, and were taught as such.

I totally agree with you. However, my own dream is a school system that teaches us Qur'an and Ahadeeth in Arabic, forces our children to learn Arabic to understand what is being taught. To teach them our religion and interpretation of Sunnah and Qur'an with historical and demographic significance. My education of religion, atleast the firm base of it, comes from my home too as I was always educated in a catholic school. However, my love and commitment to my religion, whatever I have, has been because of my mother I guess. Religion is indeed the responsibility of parents but schools can play a strong role in it.

What I am trying to say is, objecting on a minor with no dupatta is kind of pushing things unnecessarily. Same goes for things like saying good morning and not Assalamo-Alikum, or why cross and not crescent on the ambulance etc. These things can easily be educated at home and much more effectively than in the School. Actually our so-called political religious parties have earned such a bad reputation (and correctly so) over the period of time that even if they say right things, people hesitate to accept.

My friend, I was not posting objections or defenses just for the sake of arguments. It is the basic building block that has to be right and in this case, JI and PTI are correct. You do know that my political inclination are towards MQM and that I hate JI outright because of apparent reasons. However, while they may be wrong in 70% of the cases, they are correct here. We build the foundation right and the rest of the structure becomes strong on its own. Our children can learn about 'Good Morning' but only after they have learned 'Subh Bakhair' and 'Assalaam-o-Elikum'.

Last edited:
Prompt action: Govt says curriculum change notification is false

The notification to remove three essays from the curriculum is false, the government said on Sunday.

The government ordered the education department to conduct a high-level inquiry to probe the issue. Chairman Textbook Board Dr Himayatullah and Curriculum Director Shabir Hussain said no notification had been issued in this regard.

Himayatullah said they met Minister Muhammad Atif Khan before the Eid break, but they did not discuss anything regarding making changes to the curriculum. He said the minster expressed his intention to keep the curriculum unchanged.

The allegedly false notification was issued two days ago to the curriculum director of the textbook board by a section officer of the education department’s provincial secretariat. The notification said the three essays in the Pashto syllabus ‘da mojoda dor masayel’ (problem of the current era), Bacha Khan and Ghani Khan are controversial and were approved by the former government. It further said all these essays would be removed from the curriculum in the next academic year (2014).

The notification was published in local newspapers after which the provincial government took notice of the issue.

The additional secretary for education, Qaisar Alam, said the name used to issue the notification to the textbook board did not belong to any official in the education department. Alam said they would conduct an inquiry as per the government’s instructions.

Back
Top Bottom