What's new

PTI | Imran Khan's Political Desk.

NA-56 asks ‘Where is Khan?’
Less than two months after the general elections, the walls of NA-56 are beginning to show disappointment with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan. Khan who won the MNA seat from this constituency in Rawalpindi on promises of change, has apparently left the people of the area in a lurch, forcing them to wall-chalk ‘Where is Khan?’ and ‘Whom will you approach?’.

The PTI chief, who won the seat after defeating PML-N’s Hanif Abbasi on May 11, has not returned to the area for thanking the voters except once while visiting the house of a PTI supporter who was shot dead on the election day.

The PTI chairman secured more than 80,000 votes against 67,000 of Abbasi.

During the election campaign, Hanif Abbasi had frequently warned the people of the area to not make the blunder of voting for Khan. He used to argue that the PTI chief would never spare time from his luxurious villa in Bani Gala to visit the narrow streets of Rawalpindi for hearing about the day-to-day problems of the residents.

Many people have complained about how difficult it was to approach Imran Khan.

“In this area, people are faced with day-to-day problems like approval of building maps, timely lifting of garbage from outside their houses and shortage of drinking water. I think Imran Khan is too big a politician for these small problems,” said Zahoor Anwer, a resident of Satellite Town’s B. Block, who had also voted for the PTI chief.

Javed Khan, 44, a rickshaw driver, had long been fascinated by Imran Khan’s speeches during which he would frequently mention the woes of taxi and rickshaw drivers. But the rickshaw driver lost all the hopes the day he tried to visit Bani Gala along with his five friends to meet Imran Khan. He and his friends were denied access to the residence of the PTI chief and turned away from the gate by a dozen security guards.

A wall-chalking reminds voters in NA-56 about the missing Imran Khan which is indeed an embarrassing situation for the PTI workers. However, Rana Sohail, a local PTI leader, told local media that his party had set up a complaint office at Sixth Road where the residents can file their problems. He added that the PTI workers can deal with the local issues without involving the party head. “Imran Khan will soon also visit the area and listen to the complaints of the residents.” The PTI local leader said that the wall-chalkings were merely PML-N propaganda against their leader. - See more at: NA-56 asks

^They should ask their provincial govt. about their dirty streets and open gutters. For heavens sake an MNA or MPA has no business fixing these gutters and stuff. He is a legislator!

Dissatisfied again: PTI workers refuse to support Gul Bacha for NA-1
PESHAWAR:
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is facing serious internal criticism over allotting a party ticket to Gul Bacha, who is to contest the NA-1 seat vacated by PTI chief Imran Khan in the by-polls.

Bacha, who has been a PTI worker since 1996, was the election campaign in-charge of PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s run for the same constituency. Addressing journalists at Peshawar Press Club on Tuesday, several workers said the party’s leadership had allotted the ticket to Bacha, who they accused of making 70,000 fake CNICs for Afghan residents.

Interestingly, Bacha is currently the president of the Town-I PTI cabinet, having won the position during the intra-party elections. He was also the nazim for Khalisa-II union council in Peshawar during 2001 and 2004.

“Out of the 325 elected members in 25 union councils, 210 supported Salim Jan for the NA-1 ticket due to his services to the party. However, he was not awarded the ticket,” said former PTI Peshawar district information secretary Irfan Salim.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 3rd, 2013.

Tall Claims’: PTI chief leaves briefing, media boycotts
PESHAWAR: Journalists called to cover Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan’s news conference left disappointed when the party chairman left for Islamabad after meeting ministers of his party.
Health Minister Shaukat Yousafzai then took over, but reporters boycotted his briefing for not taking action against doctors who had earlier assaulted journalists at the Khyber Teaching Hospital.
Protesting outside the Chief Minister House, journalists said they asked for an impartial judicial inquiry and instead the health minister constituted a probing team comprising only doctors, adding so far they have not received any positive response from those holding government offices.
“The PTI government made tall claims to provide freedom of press but today they were exposed in front of the whole nation,” said a journalist protesting at CM House.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 7th, 2013.

993296_646382715389417_1714685557_n.jpg

he is lookin so young:smitten:

Ever since he became a Butt Sahib, hes started looking younger ! :whistle:

Unlike you single eyed Monster Inc Student ! :P

I'm hungry ! :cray:

My Baby Sister ate all the Cinamon Roles from Cinnabon's that I brought for her without sharing a single one with me ! :angry:

Ever since he became a Butt Sahib, hes started looking younger ! :whistle:

Unlike you single eyed Monster Inc Student ! :P

I'm hungry ! :cray:

My Baby Sister ate all the Cinamon Roles from Cinnabon's that I brought for her without sharing a single one with me ! :angry:

not monsters inc but its da new one Monsters University n i watchd it in cini dis week:smitten:

mons. inc is an old one of 2001 :unsure:

220px-Monsters_University_poster_3.jpg

tumblr_llizvp2ILY1qfyncko1_500.gif

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom