What's new

PROUD to be POOR

SeaGull

Reaction score
By eastwatch:

Originally Posted by eastwatch
As I said before, nobody in his right mind will go for work in India unless he/she is lured by the sweet talking brokers. You better catch the brokers, then no one from BD will go to honey-soaked India.

In case of illegal immigrants from your NE and also from WB, they are coming on their own, because they know the language and local customs. Our people are not that jealous of these 500,000 Indians and do not encourage the police to catch and deport them. Moreover, many are the descendents of once BD nationals who had migrated to WB. We cannot just harm these people from WB, because basically they are our people.

Thinking of Indians and BD people are based on different philosophy. We believe RIZQ is given only by Allah, but a person has to earn this RIZQ by hard labour. So, when an illegal Indian immigrant works hard, Allah bestows him with money. People are not supposed to interfere in the matter of RIZQ by calling the police. Pet pe lath maarna ham bardasht nahin karte hai.

5 million BD people have left to work in foreign countries. So, there are shortage of labour in agriculture. Apart from the half million Indians who work for garments, there are thousands of other Indian seasonal workers who work in farmlands in our eastern border.

BD people think it is the wish of Allah that the Indians earn their RIZQ in BD. We also do not think, presence of a half million Indian will ever give rise to the possibility of Indian domination. Situation and people's thinking may change in the future. But, the present situation in BD is what I have stated above.

I am highlighting this truth- on a different head to underscore its importance, so beautifully stated by our brother eastwatch. Do you see the beauty in all this that also personifies our own national character.
I want all of us to thank eastwatch for this.
To the nationals of India who are amongst us in quest of a living, Poverty has no nationality - the message of my country to all of you is: WELCOME
We, may be a poor country but we have a rich heart - We shall not hound you or turn you away - rather we shall chase our police who may trouble you.
. If our poor lands can help you sustain yourselves - please by all means earn your Rizq that our Lord bestows on all of us equally
We have traditionally been a welcoming nation to all those arriving at our shores from the times of our forefathers in this land that was Golden Bengal - the Bread Basket of not only India but to the region, where people from all over came in droves to settle for its lush soil that produced abundant food.
Even the British who were to ultimately rule this land, set up their business in Bengal the richest part of India, when they first arrived.

And even though it has not happened before, but let me state in all its clarity and unambiguousness to all formations and honorable members of our forces guarding our borders: 'No BDR will raise his guns nor turn away any impoverished person approaching our doors seeking food and water. Feed him/her well as your own guest in your mess halls, and should they seek to enter in search of sustained nourishment, welcome them.'

We may not have much room in our lands, but we do have plenty in our hearts

These are in the best of the traditions of our forefathers that does and should live in us also in their footsteps
We are poor ourselves, we know what's it like to be poor and hungry - we can share our meal with the hungry.

Last edited:
We may be poor,but we are Happy :D

The happiest people in the world; Bangladesh and its history

A study of the London School of Economics revealed that the happiest people on earth live in one of the world's poorest countries, Bangladesh. Where can happiness be found in a country chiefly famous in the West for media images of poverty, underdevelopment and natural disasters? Bangladesh (which did not exist as an independent state until 1971) is a new name for an old land whose history is little known to the wider world.

Willem van Schendel's history reveals the country's vibrant, colourful past and its diverse culture as it navigates the extraordinary twists and turns that have created modern Bangladesh. The story begins with the early geological history of the delta which has decisively shaped Bangladesh society. The narrative then moves chronologically through the era of colonial rule, the partition of Bengal, the war with Pakistan and the birth of Bangladesh as an independent state. In so doing, it reveals the forces that have made Bangladesh what it is today. This is an eloquent introduction to a fascinating country and its resilient and inventive people.

After ten years abroad, Bengali director Shaheen Dill-Riaz goes back to his native city, Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. There he follows several characters through the chaos of this so-called paradise of 10 million people living packed together in miserable conditions. He discovers how extremely difficult it is to map out one's life free of the restrictions imposed by family and the ancient patriarchal attitudes that see daughters being married at 14, little boys leaving school to work as rickshaw drivers, and men spending more time on religion than politics.

The happiest people in the world; Bangladesh and its history | Asian Studies in Amsterdam

YES Leon, in this life it is important to be HAPPY - not rich.

Zakir Bro- thank you for joining us after a hiatus.

YES Leon, in this life it is important to be HAPPY - not rich.

Zakir Bro- thank you for joining us after a hiatus.

Bhai-jaan I was here though invisible mode......:D

Allahumdullah! We Bangladeshi are happy because we don't ask much. Happy with what we have is a good thing and the way of Mumin Banda .

By eastwatch:

Originally Posted by eastwatch
As I said before, nobody in his right mind will go for work in India unless he/she is lured by the sweet talking brokers. You better catch the brokers, then no one from BD will go to honey-soaked India.

In case of illegal immigrants from your NE and also from WB, they are coming on their own, because they know the language and local customs. Our people are not that jealous of these 500,000 Indians and do not encourage the police to catch and deport them. Moreover, many are the descendents of once BD nationals who had migrated to WB. We cannot just harm these people from WB, because basically they are our people.

Thinking of Indians and BD people are based on different philosophy. We believe RIZQ is given only by Allah, but a person has to earn this RIZQ by hard labour. So, when an illegal Indian immigrant works hard, Allah bestows him with money. People are not supposed to interfere in the matter of RIZQ by calling the police. Pet pe lath maarna ham bardasht nahin karte hai.

5 million BD people have left to work in foreign countries. So, there are shortage of labour in agriculture. Apart from the half million Indians who work for garments, there are thousands of other Indian seasonal workers who work in farmlands in our eastern border.

BD people think it is the wish of Allah that the Indians earn their RIZQ in BD. We also do not think, presence of a half million Indian will ever give rise to the possibility of Indian domination. Situation and people's thinking may change in the future. But, the present situation in BD is what I have stated above.

I am highlighting this truth- on a different head to underscore its importance, so beautifully stated by our brother eastwatch. Do you see the beauty in all this that also personifies our own national character.
I want all of us to thank eastwatch for this.
To the nationals of India who are amongst us in quest of a living, Poverty has no nationality - the message of my country to all of you is: WELCOME
We, may be a poor country but we have a rich heart - We shall not hound you or turn you away - rather we shall chase our police who may trouble you.
. If our poor lands can help you sustain yourselves - please by all means earn your Rizq that our Lord bestows on all of us equally
We have traditionally been a welcoming nation to all those arriving at our shores from the times of our forefathers in this land that was Golden Bengal - the Bread Basket of not only India but to the region, where people from all over came in droves to settle for its lush soil that produced abundant food.
Even the British who were to ultimately rule this land, set up their business in Bengal the richest part of India, when they first arrived.

And even though it has not happened before, but let me state in all its clarity and unambiguousness to all honorable members of our forces guarding our borders: 'No BDR will raise his guns nor turn away any impoverished person seeking food and water. Feed him/her well as your guest in your mess halls and should they seek to enter in search of sustained nourishment, welcome them.'

We may not have much room in our lands, but we do have plenty in our hearts

These are in the best of the traditions of our forefathers that does and should live in us also in their footsteps
We are poor ourselves, we know what's it like to be poor and hungry - we can share our meal with the hungry.
That was indeed one of the finest posts I ever read in the net. Take my lal salaam, Eastwatch BRO. After reading it, my eyes got teary, heart murmured with kindness since I saw the reflection of a pure momin's understanding in it. For us, the world is a single entity, where human being should be treated by his/her deed not by creed, color and nationality. It was some interest groups in different parts of it promoted imaginary boundaries to segregate people. A pure momin's perception is far removed from such bias and mediocrity. By writing it, you demonstrated that you were in that league. Once Nazrul wrote,

He daridra tome more korecha mahan
Tome more dieso Christer Sanman.

We should cherish that creedo always in our hearts and be proud of being poor but righteous, thanks.

That was indeed one of the finest posts I ever read in the net. Take my lal salaam, Eastwatch BRO. After reading it, my eyes got teary, heart murmured with kindness since I saw the reflection of a pure momin's understanding in it. For us, the world is a single entity, where human being should be treated by his/her deed not by creed, color and nationality. It was some interest groups in different parts of it promoted imaginary boundaries to segregate people. A pure momin's perception is far removed from such bias and mediocrity. By writing it, you demonstrated that you were in that league. Once Nazrul wrote,

We should cherish that creedo always in our hearts and be proud of being poor but righteous, thanks.

That was great way of saying it Saint- Never saw it that way earlier - Thank you for pointing it out - As usual you too are GREAT.

Buddy, you do realise that the poet you have quoted is pretty much disliked by certain friends of yours.

Buddy, you do realise that the poet you have quoted is pretty much disliked by certain friends of yours.
Oh Hi buddy,

Since we are such good friends now Toxic- you & I have to get the hell outta here. These are 'Hallowed Grounds'
//and discuss our controversy elsewhere. But before we go let me sing you a song that I love:

Amaro Deshero Matiro Gondhey
Bhorey achey shara Mon

Shujono shufola shoshho shemola...

Oh this is an old old song sung by our Runa Laila in her youth.

Last edited:
Oh Hi buddy,

Since we are such good friends now Toxic- you & I have to get the hell outta here. These are 'Hallowed Grounds'
//and discuss our controversy elsewhere. But before we go let me sing you a song that I love:

Amaro Deshero Matiro Gondhey
Bhorey achey shara Mon

Shujono shufola shoshho shemola...
Oh this is an old old song sung by our Runa Laila in her youth.
Could you please re-check if this song was not sung by Ferdousi Rahman during the Pak-India war in 1965!

Could you please re-check if this song was not sung by Ferdousi Rahman during the Pak-India war in 1965!
Can't check EW - just too lazy - remember seeing this sung by Runa on B/W TV of those days, and found myself humming the tune that remains with me to this day.
Possible - it is Ferdousi's song sung by Runa.

Runa laila is seen in multiple reality shows of india this days,i remember her actor husband showing up in one ep too!!!......she is very popular in this side of the border as well

Runa laila is seen in multiple reality shows of india this days,i remember her actor husband showing up in one ep too!!!......she is very popular in this side of the border as well
EW - why not ask our good friend Jako, perhaps he can help us out. Our Indian friends are all great lovers of music and song.
But not my good friend Toxic - he can barely tell poetry from prose.

Whatever mask a sleazy, hybrid, shallow chanakya wears and whatever name like Ram, Laxman, Raban he takes; his real color is bound to pop up when push comes to shove. Now listen up, Intoxicated-vocabulary wiz, being a Muslim we need to show as much respect to Christ as to Mohammad. Otherwise we can't even be Muslims. If you need lesson of Islam 101 let me know, otherwise don't sound like a mean coward.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom