What's new

Proposing PDF debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is a bigot and there is no way he is going to represent america… he represent the redneck racist americans if he wants

He wasn't like that before, but after having to deal with incessant racist jibes from the Chinese folks here, mocking his Vietnamese ancestry and what not, he had to change his ways.

That would be a quite interesting topic to be honest. I am afraid if there will be any concurrence of opinions among liberals only or not.Because the idea of liberalism varies in such an wide degree from country to country.
Another interesting topic. It will be hell of a fight between the supporters of secularism and radical right wingers of both the countries. They share so many things in common!!
Get ready to be beaten black and blue if you take that bait.

Last edited:
@Horus
That's a very interesting idea.
My suggestion:
1. Participants need to have an outstanding scientific or military record, such as PhD holders, and PhD students, ex-military staff, ... hopefully we are not in shortage of such people.
2. Other members should not be allowed to directly participate in the discussion thread.
3. Participants are better to be chosen by admins from different countries/regions.
4. Time of the discussions need to be determined before discussion starts. Professional people do not always have free times.
5. The subject of discussion needs to be determined by admins before the discussion starts, and discussion should not be derailed.
6. It would be interesting if each team consists of different nationalities instead of making each team from one particular country.

@Horus
My suggestion:
1. Participants need to have an outstanding scientific or military record, such as PhD holders, and PhD students, ex-military staff, ... hopefully we are not in shortage of such people.
2. Other members should not be allowed to directly participate in the discussion thread.
3. Participants are better to be chosen by admins from different countries/regions.
4. Time of the discussions need to be determined before discussion starts. Professional people do not always have free times.
5. The subject of discussion needs to be determined by admins before the discussion starts, and discussion should not be derailed.
6. It would be interesting if each team consists of different nationalities instead of making each team from one particular country.
dnt u think it will be better if we make section for PRO... instead of kicking noob like me out

dnt u think it will be better if we make section for PRO... instead of kicking noob like me out

Well, no one is going to be kicked out from such threads. You guys just need to be patient until the main discussion finishes, then you can actively participate in the discussion. About such section, there are already some threads for senior members and think tanks, but I think the idea proposed here by Horus is better.

That would be a quite interesting topic to be honest. I am afraid if there will be any concurrence of opinions among liberals only or not.Because the idea of liberalism varies in such an wide degree from country to country.

Another interesting topic. It will be hell of a fight between the supporters of secularism and radical right wingers of both the countries. They share so many things in common!!

I agree on secularism/pseudo secularism debate...............let me give condolences to hindutva lovers in advance if i am on the panel:butcher:

It is not going to be easy.

You can't have a fixed pool or participants for every kind of topic. For example for state imposed 'Western secularism' it is likely that both Indian and Pakistani ideologues will have similar views!
For example in case you are discussing something on Islamist Right, there needs to be supporters of Islamist Right as well as dissenters. Say Jungibaaz, Fauji etc alone will not make a mark. At the same time, the person needs to be eloquent and not prone to trolling. Same for threads on the Hindu Right. All of Indian TTAs will have a similar opinion, that would largely coincide with the opposite points.

Bottomline: You will need to have a number of hardliners/hawks in your pool as well.

Hence people like me:coffee:

All normal threads are debates. You do not need to be in a panel for debating. Just quote people in a thread and you would have your panel instantaneously, a panel chosen by you.
Most of them have stopped replying to my rants nowadays:mad:

I support this!

@Horus
My suggestion:

If they are not replying to your rants in normal threads, why would they reply in some dedicated thread? And i am pretty sure lord and his consort is not going to be selected in any thread hence there would be no on to represent extreme Hinduism anyway.

As i said all threads are debate threads. This idea of dedicated debate thread in stupid in conception. On top of it moderaters are going to choose people whose view they like, rather than who are more versed in logic and rhetoric.

I am amused that no one pointed out this commonsensical nature of Forums in 5 pages.

Its not a bad idea simply because they cannot ban u during debates,,i am banned in majority of threads by frivolous charges of being offtopic when another person who is abusing everyone based on religion/nationality is not even touched.

And @seiko and @levina in reserve........:P

@Horus what happened to this idea? put on back burner or the idea is still alive?
Frankly I've not understood this thing.
It sounds like a school debate competition to me where we have 2 teams and we're given rebuttal time.Just that this time it 'll be done by some Phd holders or so i heard.
enna nair?
rmi5 said:
. Participants need to have an outstanding scientific or military record, such as PhD holders, and PhD students, ex-military staff, ... hopefully we are not in shortage of such people
I dont see professionals like engineers in the list. So I'm out of this.Lol.

Last edited:
I, myself, am an electrical engineer :lol: By saying PhD holder, or PhD student/Researcher, I wanted to include engineers as well ;)
Sorry my degree says bachelor of engineering and its not a doctorate,I'm 101% sure about it. :lol:

But hey I seriously dont think degrees 've anything to do with the quality of argument one puts forward. There're so many non professionals on this forum who sound sane and make such brilliant posts.Isnt it?

Now my doubts..
1) who exactly will be participating? As in only those who get tagged in that thread?? If so then this would be same as senior's cafe.
2) who decides who would judge the debate? will it always have same set of ppl judging debates??
3) There're so many debates which might 've ambivalent results.Judges of a debate ,eg in a debate related to India-Pak, should've judges from both the countries. Otherwise we know such debates 're doomed.
JMHO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom