What's new

Proposing PDF debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can be rounds too. Like Round one: Both teams put forward their narrative. Round two: they counter each others arguments and Third round: they get asked questions from normal members.

There can be rounds too. Like Round one: Both teams put forward their narrative. Round two: they counter each others arguments and Third round: they get asked questions from normal members.

What kind of time frame are you thinking per debate? Are we talking about the same day for all three rounds?
How long do you envision the Q & A sessions being?
Should answering the questions be mandatory? If yes, then do you envision some sort of filtering mechanism of do you see the moderator @Horus instructing the panelist to ignore certain questions from members?

What kind of time frame are you thinking per debate? Are we talking about the same day for all three rounds?
How long do you envision the Q & A sessions being?
Should answering the questions be mandatory? If yes, then do you envision some sort of filtering mechanism of do you see the moderator @Horus instructing the panelist to ignore certain questions from members?
Time frame depends on how fast the debate progresses as how prepared are both the teams in putting forward their points and how ready are they to counter the arguments laid by the other team. They should be prepared in advance and have given time to discuss their topic between them before the debate.

The panel of independent members must decide on what questions they should get answered from the teams. Questions should be limited to a number which can be answered by both teams in appropriate amount of time.

With new mod features coming in, i think we would have the right tools needed to make this happen. Otherwise we will ask all TTs to unleash negative ratings to all those who violate the process. ;)

Just make me mod of that section, we all know the trolls will come from one nationality I will be the hammer to the Indian nail. :police:

Round Four: Vote those in favor and those not in favor. Optional.

Suggested time Frame:
10 Days before Round 1, 1 1/2 days for Round 1, 5 Days for Round 2 (extendable), 3 Days for Round 3 (extendable), and 3 days for Round 4 when done (Optional).

Yes...normal members will not be allowed to post till the debate is over.

Than what is the purpose of posting if debate is over and a conclusion reached?

A constructive debate is only viable if the topic is global and does not concern India or Pakistan in particular.
Weapons comparisons, new world order debates have also became obsolete.

The topic should be something that benefits all the participants and the readers.

Wow, this is a great idea. I see PDF debates getting as good and popular as Doha debates. We have some very knowledgeable and argumentative(in a good way) members here. Let us not leave anything out under the sun. Any topic should be listed a couple of weeks in advance. Let us start a nomination thread for the teams so that teams get frozen a week before. Let people troll or argue their way in this thread. It is easy for admins to pick captains for teams based on earlier posts. Captains can watch the nomination thread and pick their team. May be one and half hour for the debate, with half hour for questions.

I hope the good old days of quality discussion in PDF are back.

A constructive debate is only viable if the topic is global and does not concern India or Pakistan in particular.
Weapons comparisons, new world order debates have also became obsolete.

The topic should be something that benefits all the participants and the readers.
I disagree bhai. A debate should be a debate for the heck of it. J&K issue should also be debated as opposed to the megaphone posts that people post here without bothering to counter others' logic.

Yes...normal members will not be allowed to post till the debate is over.
'Normal members'? Can you elucidate? Who is going to decide on who will participate?

A great idea,but timeframe of each debate should be no more than 1-2 weeks or people lose interest.
What topics are we looking at?I think simultaneous ones can be run on diff topics.And no weapon comparisons lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom