What's new

Proposing PDF debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good topic would be about the prospects, benefits and challenges of greater trade and economic integration between India & Pakistan. @Horus :)

A good topic would be about the prospects, benefits and challenges of greater trade and economic integration between India & Pakistan. @Horus :)

We should focus on reality instead:sarcastic:

I am a master debater.. oops! sorry, I meant something else..

Sorry my degree says bachelor of engineering and its not a doctorate,I'm 101% sure about it. :lol:
:lol:
But hey I seriously dont think degrees 've anything to do with the quality of argument one puts forward. There're so many non professionals on this forum who sound sane and make such brilliant posts.Isnt it?
Well, Normally I should disagree and say that being a PhD holder or being a military staff, adds a level of sophistication and ... But, there are always some good exceptions.
Now my doubts..
1) who exactly will be participating? As in only those who get tagged in that thread?? If so then this would be same as senior's cafe.
There are some differences. 1) other members can also participate in the discussion after the main discussion finishes, which is not the case for senior cafe. 2) another difference is that everyone can focus on one single subject, while multiple different threads can be/are created at senior cafe at the same time. 3) the education or military proficiency requisite would reduce trolls from the discussions, since there are already many senior or elite troll members. 4) unlike some other threads that the discussion can be diverted from the topic subject, here we can keep every one away from going off topic by using admins/mods/referees/jury.
2) who decides who would judge the debate? will it always have same set of ppl judging debates??
3) There're so many debates which might 've ambivalent results.Judges of a debate ,eg in a debate related to India-Pak, should've judges from both the countries. Otherwise we know such debates 're doomed.
JMHO!!!
Well, I do agree with this part, and I am not much OK with the concept of a referee.

:lol:

Well, Normally I should disagree and say that being a PhD holder or being a military staff, adds a level of sophistication and ... But, there are always some good exceptions.
I did not doubt the capabilities of professionals and PhD holders au contraire I meant there're many(I mean MANY) members who put up a good debate but don't hold such badges/degrees. :)
rmi5 said:
There are some differences. I'm 1) other members can also participate in the discussion after the main discussion finishes, which is not the case for senior cafe. 2) another difference is that everyone can focus on one single subject, while multiple different threads can be/are created at senior cafe at the same time. 3) the education or military proficiency requisite would reduce trolls from the discussions, since there are already many senior or elite troll members. 4) unlike some other threads that the discussion can be diverted from the topic subject, here we can keep every one away from going off topic by using admins/mods/referees/jury.
Gotcha!! :)

rmi5 said:
Well, I do agree with this part, and I am not much OK with the concept of a referee.
@Horus I'm voting against having judges in these debates as there's always a chance to get biased.
But yeah some kind of moderation is necessary in these threads so that the discussion doesn't go in a tangential direction.(I'm assuming that no one among the participants would make troll posts...)
And then that would be an interesting debate to watch....err read. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom