What's new

Proposed new provinces for Pakistan, "need of the hour"?

New provinces will strengthen Pakistan ... Now all 3 provinces accused Punjab of dada giri etc etc .. more then 9 crore is the population of Punjab ..
South Punjab is completely neglected , they will a voice if they have their own province .

I don't think it will break Pakistan, but it can cause problems & 'faultlines' if done for the wrong reasons. It could be a blessing as well. Basically what Kakgeta has said in Post # 3.

New provinces will strengthen Pakistan ... Now all 3 provinces accused Punjab of dada giri etc etc .. more then 9 crore is the population of Punjab ..
South Punjab is completely neglected , they will a voice if they have their own province .

This is the right thing to do , Many provinces will further raise a healthy competition btw and every one will work towards the properity. The pros are innumerable! Issue will be the division and border lines, share of wealth between federal and provinces biggest obstacle will the ethnic nationalists , they will create a havoc

A recent report said that 40% of Punjab's Budget is spent on Lahore alone. Can you believe it? After this Punjab should be divided into many provinces. I don't believe in provinces based on ethnicity but the reality is that the provinces we have right now are based on ethnicity. The latest development was NWFP being named Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, if I was one of the Hazara people I would too ask for a separate province. Just look at Sindh, the Sindhis (no offence) think they own every inch of Sindh and no one else has any right over it. Your pretty much screwed if your travelling to Interior Sindh and you don't know Sindhi. Sindh Highway Police and Sindhi nationalists will eat any non Sindhi alive.

More Provinces are needed for better future for Pakistan. It is shocking to see that 80 million people are in a single province. Then you wonder why Multan and other cities with so much potential are in a bad state.

And Sindhi nationalists can go to hell, Karachi and Hyderabad Provinces will be a reality soon. No way in hell is any Karachiite or Hyderabadi going to be ruled by illiterate Jagerdar Waderay.

I would support new provinces as well, the original goal of Jinnah was to have strong states or provinces around a firm center but due to policies during the 1960's Pakistan was converted into a country with a strong center and very weak provinces. Because of that major disputes have broken out including the very first Blaluch revolt. Give more power to the provinces and cut the huge autonomy of Punjab and Sindh down. More provinces will mean better attention to detail and more power to the people of Pakistan.

We make a siraiki province, Hazara gets up, Bahawlapur gets up, Sindh gets up, everybody gets up, so riots could take place, i think the only reason PPP took this issue up was because to get a feeling of injustice to the Siraiki people. That is, the Siraiki people can now say that PPP tried to make a siraiki province, but PML denied, so less votes for PML and more for PPP, and to get one more CM and governor in the setup.

Aint going to happen soon though.

We make a siraiki province, Hazara gets up, Bahawlapur gets up, Sindh gets up, everybody gets up, so riots could take place, i think the only reason PPP took this issue up was because to get a feeling of injustice to the Siraiki people. That is, the Siraiki people can now say that PPP tried to make a siraiki province, but PML denied, so less votes for PML and more for PPP, and to get one more CM and governor in the setup.

PML-N is supporting a Seraiki province as well now.

New federating units: Shahbaz supports both Bahawalpur, Seraiki provinces – The Express Tribune

Who are Siraiki ? Sorry I dont know.

A recent report said that 40% of Punjab's Budget is spent on Lahore alone. Can you believe it? After this Punjab should be divided into many provinces. I don't believe in provinces based on ethnicity but the reality is that the provinces we have right now are based on ethnicity. The latest development was NWFP being named Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, if I was one of the Hazara people I would too ask for a separate province. Just look at Sindh, the Sindhis (no offence) think they own every inch of Sindh and no one else has any right over it. Your pretty much screwed if your travelling to Interior Sindh and you don't know Sindhi. Sindh Highway Police and Sindhi nationalists will eat any non Sindhi alive.

More Provinces are needed for better future for Pakistan. It is shocking to see that 80 million people are in a single province. Then you wonder why Multan and other cities with so much potential are in a bad state.

And Sindhi nationalists can go to hell, Karachi and Hyderabad Provinces will be a reality soon. No way in hell is any Karachiite or Hyderabadi going to be ruled by illiterate Jagerdar Waderay.

No one in Khi and urban hyderabad give a flying F to Sindhi nationalists parties we have thrown them out long back. They have no say nor any mandate just playing stooges they just want their cut and go back to their respective places. Issue is these people can incite hatred and with such fragile law and order situation , we need them on board as well! The extermists are desperate and will use any one to create havoc and serve their purpose. Question is if nationalists will join forces with them?

Its a win win situation for PPP if they manage to do it in punjab , they will seriously damage PML's vote bank and seats , than sindh is next in line and worst case they have to divide khi and hyderabad ... where they have very little presence any way.

The more the provinces the better it is for Pakistan. Look at countries around you Iran, India and even Afghanistan, all created more provinces with passage of time. If the world is moving in the right direction why our people always want to move in the opposite direction. The provinces should be divided on administrative basis ( bahawalpur, potohar and saraeki province in Punjab) and South Pakhtunkhwa in Baluchistan, Hazara in KPK.

This will result in better administration of those areas, more focus on deprived areas and would result in newer more developed cities.

Those who are against it, have no idea about the world. The world is moving towards decentralization while we while claiming to be a democracy want to behave like Soviet Union which is the best example of a centralized country...if the people of a certain area want a separate province give it to them..this will result in development of their area.

The more the provinces the better it is for Pakistan. Look at countries around you Iran, India and even Afghanistan, all created more provinces with passage of time. If the world is moving in the right direction why our people always want to move in the opposite direction. The provinces should be divided on administrative basis ( bahawalpur, potohar and saraeki province in Punjab) and South Pakhtunkhwa in Baluchistan, Hazara in KPK.

This will result in better administration of those areas, more focus on deprived areas and would result in newer more developed cities.

Those who are against it, have no idea about the world. The world is moving towards decentralization while we while claiming to be a democracy want to behave like Soviet Union which is the best example of a centralized country...if the people of a certain area want a separate province give it to them..this will result in development of their area.
You think you are a smarty pants giving us a lecture here on world history, just look at post 3 of Kakgeta, and learn that, and then see what we are honking on about, then come here and give us a lecture.

Administrative grounds , yes, linguistic grounds no.

new provinces should be made but on administrative bases,

but i think that we should wait till zardari's tenure is over, because ppp is going to mess up this too, im 100% sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom