What's new

Proposed new provinces for Pakistan, "need of the hour"?

Okay by the way can you give your 7 province plan.

Secondly no-where in my blog i have said that Karachi development should be stopped. Have i?? I want karachi to develop even more, but at the same time i want that other smaller cities also get developed. Hyderabad was 3rd largest city in 1951 and in 1998 census it has gone to 6th number. So i believe, you will also agree its not a healthy sign.

Secondly karachi due to its economic importance and being the only port in Pakistan is most important for Pakistan, therefore i think we all agree that we need it to be safe and a healthy place and definitely less congested place. less congestion does not mean less development rather it means more development and less over head cost, which i think we can remove by moving the provincial capital to Hyderabad.

But i do respect your opinion. I appreciate that you have kept it as a mature & civilized discussion.
just one more point.. that if everyone is coming to Karachi then does this not mean that people have no other option to go and settle.?? and does this not mean that we should as a nation provide them more options to settle and live in a decent & respectable way.?

The 7 provinces in which i say is Pakistan are the ones represented of the Pakistan National Monument in Islamabad.

There are many developemts currently happening in Karachi, to help the city in every needs. Check out Skyscrapercity.
If Hyderabad was going to become a state capital it means that most international polictician will relocate over there. And they will help develop that city rather than Karachi. Yes it is a good idea because we are in desperate needs to other cities being devloped. But Pakistan needs a name and the city to give that name is Karachi, once Karchi fdevelops Pakistan will have it's global name, then we can foucus on other cities.

Till then Karachi must remain our symbol and identity, because it is ahead of every other city and it shouldn't be slown down.

The 7 provinces in which i say is Pakistan are the ones represented of the Pakistan National Monument in Islamabad.

There are many developemts currently happening in Karachi, to help the city in every needs. Check out Skyscrapercity.
If Hyderabad was going to become a state capital it means that most international polictician will relocate over there. And they will help develop that city rather than Karachi. Yes it is a good idea because we are in desperate needs to other cities being devloped. But Pakistan needs a name and the city to give that name is Karachi, once Karchi fdevelops Pakistan will have it's global name, then we can foucus on other cities.

Till then Karachi must remain our symbol and identity, because it is ahead of every other city and it shouldn't be slown down.

Instead Karachi should be given a special status. Like Hong Kong or something which gives Karachi more autonomy. This would develop Karachi to the max due to it's strategic importance. And also Hyderabad would benefit since then it would become capital of Sindh.

Instead Karachi should be given a special status. Like Hong Kong or something which gives Karachi more autonomy. This would develop Karachi to the max due to it's strategic importance. And also Hyderabad would benefit since then it would become capital of Sindh.

That is what MQM proposed.

But no, it means dividing Pakistan, i oppose that. Pakistan must remain united. Yes Pakistan is heavily dependant on Karachi and yes this means it slows down Karachi development and rise.

But if we stick it through as one. Then we can all stand and enjoy as one.

That is what MQM proposed.

But no, it means dividing Pakistan, i oppose that. Pakistan must remain united. Yes Pakistan is heavily dependant on Karachi and yes this means it slows down Karachi development and rise.

But if we stick it through as one. Then we can all stand and enjoy as one.

It's not dividing Pakistan, it will just mean Karachi would would get it's own governor and police. It will still be under Pakistan and follow the constitution and stuff. It's needed for more progress. It's like another Islamabad Capital Territory kind of region.

1. That is just a suggestion and more of a placeholder, if you have a better suggestion, i am open to it.. I am looking forward to something nice & good from you.

2. As i have said multiple times that i have just given a suggestion which i thought can work and help Pakistan to progress and reduce the sense of depravity in many cultures and increase homogeneity and positivity in our nation, i m not a member of senate or parliament, i am a Pakistani who loves Pakistan a lot. and i want to be a constructive, positive and rational Pakistan instead of a bickering Pakistani.. Choice is yours. :P

3. District system has been used by musharraf already and as i said above that districts are not economically viable in "my point of view". But i can be wrong and open to suggestion.

4. Secondly the criteria for all my blog was the betterment of Pakistan and nothing else.
I think you will agree we are not moving forward rather we are moving backward. So definitely we need to fix this mess. All of us are ready to point out corruption, heterogeneity, distrust, killings, & so many other ills. So i think if we are educated people we should along with pointing out the ills of our society should give some solutions also.. :)

So look forward to a positive comments from you

i dont see any need for more provinces....i wouldnt mind FATA being given the status of something like gilgit-baltistan but dividing already existing province....no way and this view point is endorsed by silent majority too:cheers: ......development is the only issue and fair allocation and distribution to each and every district fair and square would solve the problem.........at this point in time when different forces are trying to destablise Pakistan this is not the way to go ;)

Hazrat e Quaid and Iqbal's Pakistan had only 4 provinces in this region and it should remain so till eternity :cheers:

i dont see any need for more provinces....i wouldnt mind FATA being given the status of something like gilgit-baltistan but dividing already existing province....no way and this view point is endorsed by silent majority too:cheers: ......development is the only issue and fair allocation and distribution to each and every district fair and square would solve the problem.........at this point in time when different forces are trying to destablise Pakistan this is not the way to go ;)

Hazrat e Quaid and Iqbal's Pakistan had only 4 provinces in this region and it should remain so till eternity :cheers:

Dont you think we have waited and seen enough.. I believe its time that we act and try different things.
Hazrat e Quaid and Iqbal ONLY wanted the prosperity of the Muslim in the region whether it be with 4 provinces or 12 provinces or 7 provinces or any other number.
If we prosper and stand in the league of developed, prosperous Islamic state they will be happy.. or you disagree with this?

Dont you think we have waited and seen enough.. I believe its time that we act and try different things.
Hazrat e Quaid and Iqbal ONLY wanted the prosperity of the Muslim in the region whether it be with 4 provinces or 12 provinces or 7 provinces or any other number.
If we prosper and stand in the league of developed, prosperous Islamic state they will be happy.. or you disagree with this?

....new provinces wont solve the problems of every single person in every single district....it would be same MNA's and MPA's that would be running those new provinces...if u want a change dont vote those whom u have already tried and tested two two times.....system already exists in the form of development funds that is allocated to mna's and mpa's for development....all that is required is transparency across the board

these are not districts that we are talking about like dividing one large district into two.....this is a province not a joke and they have ideological importances....thats why hazrat e Quaid and Iqbal's Pakistan had 4 provinces and fedral areas in this region...once we snatch back our occupied kashmir we can annex it with azad kashmir and make it into a province and it will compensate for the 5th province of bengal ...:cheers:

in the next general elections when an appropriate leadership comes whe can then concentrate on development.....this country is a goldmine from north to south.....baluchistan's gold reserves can to go the development of baluchistan...dont give any share to punjab,sindh or KP....give 20,30 percent to federation and invest rest on yourself...same goes for sindh's coal reserves...give 20,30 percent to federation and spend rest on yourself...same goes for KP's mineral resources...our northern areas and their natural beauty has the potential to over shadow any tourist destination in switzerland or austria..and i am not saying this.....the beautiful Pakistan thread reflects it....i am not willing to accept that their is oil and gas in tajikistan and uzbekistan and not in the our northern areas or KP.....this is the best of central asia with reserves scattered all over :cheers:,development of every single province would mean development of Pakistan so making more provinces would only initiate a circus...best would be to ensure development funds are distributed in a fair and square manner to every single district and reaches grass root and there are numerous way to achieve this and make it a reality

The way Southern Punjab has been ignored for the last sixty years makes it plausible for the segments of society to demand a new province. With that demand echoing from other parts of country like Hazara and even from the Bahawalpur, there needs to be a serious debate as what is actually legit and what just hogwash is. Honestly speaking what does the formation of new provinces will bring for the people of those regions? By making a Seraiki province, Multan would be the capital and might get some boost, but I hardly believe the betterment in other cities like Rajanpur, DG Khan, and others. Furthermore the poor law and order situation and poor governance further fortifies the bifurcation of Punjab into two provinces. The sole of reason of negligence is that PML-N usually ruled Punjab and its lukewarm response to these areas made the situation worst. It is time for PML-N to realize the gravity of issue and shun its stubbiness.

just want to add that America have 50+ states and people do drive a lot across more than half a dozen states and they dont get bankrupt :)
So i hope once we get rid of this wave of politicians, people will be smart & aware enough to realise that they are no good for us and will boot them once for ever.

But we also as a nation has to think as a nation instead of zaat, baradari and zubaan and has to analyze things rationally.

Which is exactly why new provinces should not be estabilished along ethnic or linguistic lines, rather with an administrative simplification in mind.
Also, I did not hint at going bankrupt, but rather an increase in travelling costs between states.

The way Southern Punjab has been ignored for the last sixty years makes it plausible for the segments of society to demand a new province. With that demand echoing from other parts of country like Hazara and even from the Bahawalpur, there needs to be a serious debate as what is actually legit and what just hogwash is. Honestly speaking what does the formation of new provinces will bring for the people of those regions? By making a Seraiki province, Multan would be the capital and might get some boost, but I hardly believe the betterment in other cities like Rajanpur, DG Khan, and others. Furthermore the poor law and order situation and poor governance further fortifies the bifurcation of Punjab into two provinces. The sole of reason of negligence is that PML-N usually ruled Punjab and its lukewarm response to these areas made the situation worst. It is time for PML-N to realize the gravity of issue and shun its stubbiness.

One of the reasons of under development of the areas which you mentioned, and many other areas in all provinces too, is the skewed economic and development policies of their respective provincial governments. Presently in Punjab assembly DG khan and Rajanpur have just 2.1 % representation, in the proposed Panjnad ( NOT SARAIKI) province their voice would significantly increase to 10.8% and the representatives from the districts would be able to raise stronger voice for thier areas. One can ask then why not just DG khan province so that they would have representation of 100 % in the assembly, the answer is that small provinces are not feasible currently in the country because literacy, infrustructure and self generation of funds for the development would not be possible in many of the small provinces. and new wave of hatred and discomfort would arise in the less developed provinces against the developed ones like Karachi or Lahore.

Which is exactly why new provinces should not be estabilished along ethnic or linguistic lines, rather with an administrative simplification in mind.
Also, I did not hint at going bankrupt, but rather an increase in travelling costs between states.

This is exactly what we have tried to achieve in my scheme. Like cotton belt (the economic backbone of the country) is in Panjnad Province, Tourism is in abaseen Province. So respective provincial government can make pro-cotton or pro-tourism policies in their provinces.
We also looked that provincial capital should be easily accessible from all areas of the proposed provinces easily.
Also we looked at linguistic heterogeneity and most of the provinces are linguistically heterogeneous in such a way that majority minority languages percentage difference is not large.
Also we tried, NOT to be too radical like making too small cities as provincial capitals which cannot provide basic functionality immediately except for Jauharabad.
Also we tried to choose the names which are not showing any ethnicity or race.
So over all we did try to cover many different aspects and tried to balance them out in a solution which we believe is well thought out and implementable if seriously considered.

But any useful input will definitely be appreciated.

we DON'T NEED PROVINCES ON ETHNICITY! we need provinces on area! the problem is pakistanis as usual are making everything an ethnic issue!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom