What's new

Proposed new provinces for Pakistan, "need of the hour"?

Pakistan's political parties say they are democrats - well then, why not put these issues up to the ballot -- will the people in a area in which a new province is to be created, actually want that new province? If yes, no arguments, if no, no arguments.

But it is precisely because Pakistani political parties are not democratic, that we have political "leaders" making such demands

i think all other provinces in pak are fine expect punjab. punjab is very big in size both in area and population. punjab province should be divided into three parts north, central south. this will lead to proper governance and development. northern southern punjab will surely benefit from this.

url
:tup:

or maybe go back to this

pakadmin.jpg

Too many provinces can be a problem but PML-N should realize that Punjab needs better administration which can only come from reducing the size of the province and estabilishing more provinces in the region.

Gobbling the majority of the NFC is another reason. Why does an impoverished province (Balochistan) get a smaller share even though it has the most need for development?

As for Karachi, how much sense does it make to turn one city into a province? I'm not sure whether Mian Saab Jr. was aware of what he just said.

Better to start work on it now rather than wait for people to come out onto the streets demanding Punjab to stop being Big Brother.

Hmmm.. but i think FATA should be given the status of a separate province. I don't think that they would like to join KP.

Ya..... that is why in the proposed scheme FATA is labeled as KHORASAN province, as it were the part of greater Khorasan of the ancient era

Ya..... that is why in the proposed scheme FATA is labeled as KHORASAN province, as it were the part of greater Khorasan of the ancient era

these were not khorasan part...becuase pathan come there just before 700 years while this part was dominantly Hindu region......pathan expelled this part of hindus and local muslims...which is yet to be taken by LOCAL HINDUS AND MUSLIM OF REGION LIKE SINDI SARAIKI PUNJABI.......BUT POPULATING THIS LAND WITH UR POPULATION DOESNT MAKE IT UR OLD COUNTRY LAND THIS IS FACT AND U MUST ACCEPT IT

THIS ALL FATA AND KHYBER REGION WAS PART OF SARAIKISTAN OR PUNJAB SO LETS MAKE IT AND CLAIM AND DEMAND IT AS OUR LAND HURAYY......

I don't like the idea. In my eyes their are only 7 provinces Pakistan has and Needs.

If capital does swift in Sindh from Karachi to Hyderabad, it will not stop people from coming to Karachi nor will it halt its developtment.

Karachi earns 25% of Pakistan GDP, the city alone is supporting Pakistan way stronger than any other. Its famous in Asi and people know it.

Yest their is a huge diversity in Pakistan but their is alos in China and India and their people share the same ideaology of helping their nation rise. So does every Pakistan. We don't need provinces to rise we need the Whole country to Rise.

I think there are 28 provinces (at least) in Pakistan -- These large provinces are a mortal threat to the idea of Pakistan

I think you could have come up with a better name than "Ravi" for Central Punjab. Ravi is a name of every other kid in India. Then people will say your province is called ravi and you are indian :sick:

If Central Punjab must be made into a province then it should be named after Allama Iqbal because he was from Sialkot, Punjab.

yup then we have enough reason to claim Ravi as a part of India....lol

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Imagine so many provinces and getting from one to another while crossing a third. How many state borders and toll booths are we going to pay at ??
Then there's the bureaucracy to think about. Thousands will have to be hired alongwith perks. We'll be bankrupt on the first working day. Too many small states means complete Balkanization and an administrative nightmare.

Just keep 6-8 large ones and call it done.

D.I.khan and Tank comes in SARAIKI PROVINCE NOT IN KHYBER PROVINCE U IDIOT

did u go through the atricle, proposed name is Khyber nor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, secondly it is mentioned there that Khyber province would be bilingual and Saraiki is mentioned there is as a second language. The theme of article is not linguistic provinces but hetrogenous economically viable provinces.
KIndly go through the article once again and see with the eyes of pakistani not with eyes of saraiki or punjabi.... PLEASE

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Too many small states means complete Balkanization and an administrative nightmare.

Just keep 6-8 large ones and call it done.

We are more prone to Balkanization now with these 4 provinces as each province is representing jageer of certain political group. SItuation of alienation in Balochistan is quite visible. SIndh Card of PPP and Jaag punjabi slogan of PML-N are known to every aware Pakistani. Linguistically hetrogenous provinces would not reflect provincial sub nationalism at least in the main stream.

I don't like the idea. In my eyes their are only 7 provinces Pakistan has and Needs.

If capital does swift in Sindh from Karachi to Hyderabad, it will not stop people from coming to Karachi nor will it halt its developtment.

Karachi earns 25% of Pakistan GDP, the city alone is supporting Pakistan way stronger than any other. Its famous in Asi and people know it.

Yest their is a huge diversity in Pakistan but their is alos in China and India and their people share the same ideaology of helping their nation rise. So does every Pakistan. We don't need provinces to rise we need the Whole country to Rise.

Okay by the way can you give your 7 province plan.

Secondly no-where in my blog i have said that Karachi development should be stopped. Have i?? I want karachi to develop even more, but at the same time i want that other smaller cities also get developed. Hyderabad was 3rd largest city in 1951 and in 1998 census it has gone to 6th number. So i believe, you will also agree its not a healthy sign.

Secondly karachi due to its economic importance and being the only port in Pakistan is most important for Pakistan, therefore i think we all agree that we need it to be safe and a healthy place and definitely less congested place. less congestion does not mean less development rather it means more development and less over head cost, which i think we can remove by moving the provincial capital to Hyderabad.

But i do respect your opinion. I appreciate that you have kept it as a mature & civilized discussion.
just one more point.. that if everyone is coming to Karachi then does this not mean that people have no other option to go and settle.?? and does this not mean that we should as a nation provide them more options to settle and live in a decent & respectable way.?

Back
Top Bottom