What's new

Propaganda Videos

The war is over, Its quite understandable the uniforms may be different as Pakistani army denied its involvement initially. I too know about such videos and 1971 surrender videos.

But why discuss such topics in first place ? They do not serve any purpose. Well
if it was a Joke about bollywood then I must say where is hero and heroine ? and how can bollywood make such video with no gana bajana ?

The war is over, Its quite understandable the uniforms may be different as Pakistani army denied its involvement initially. I too know about such videos and 1971 surrender videos.

But why discuss such topics in first place ? They do not serve any purpose. Well
if it was a Joke about bollywood then I must say where is hero and heroine ? and how can bollywood make such video with no gana bajana ?

The entire thread was started with the contention that it was fake, propaganda, bollywood etc. Please read the 1st 10 posts, if not more. Now we appear to be coming around to the POV that it may be authentic after all. That was the entire discussion point of this thread. I'm sorry I don't understand the term "gana bajana". Please explain - and pardon my ignorance.

OK lets discuss about bollywood. not the topic because it is becoming contentious.

Bollywood is nickname given to Bombay film industry aka Hollywood. But I am not comparing.
India produces so many films in various langauges. Bollywood is famous for Hindi movies and nearly all Bollywood movies contain Songs and Dance. Heroine running around tree's Hero saves heroine from badguy's.

Gana - singing song.
Bajana - music beats.

Ok, Im not sure why People are denying that it was Pakistani Army?

I've seen the video and its NOT Pak Army surrendering! Its simply a cotingent of Pak Army meeting Indian Army to collect bodies of Shuhada! Its as simple as that. The are carrying a white flag as per protocol to let Indians know that they are coming unarmed and for the purpose of collecting the bodies. Nothing wrong with that.

Secondly, the uniforms are clearly those of Pak Army and they are Pak Army soldiers. Everyone knows Pak Army was involved in Kargil and did an excellent job with the ZERO assistance they had against a heavily supported 70,000 troops who had round the clock air and artillery support! So Im proud of our soldiers.

And if you notice in other videos of Pakistani Soldiers in Indian hospital, ALL of them were injured and incapacitated. NO ONE in that hospital was in healthy shape. They were all injured or killed, no one surrendered! NOT A SINGLE PAKISTANI SOLDIER SURRENDERED! 600-800 Soldiers against all odds, and fought with valor and pinned down a huge number of Indian forces, inflicting over 1600 killed on the enemy! Brave Lions Indeed!!!

Im extremely proud of those Heros and I salute them. If any one denies that they are Pakistani, then that person has some sort of complex about themselves and need to be more comfortable with being a Pakistani!

Long Live Pakistan.

Ok, Im not sure why People are denying that it was Pakistani Army?

I've seen the video and its NOT Pak Army surrendering! Its simply a cotingent of Pak Army meeting Indian Army to collect bodies of Shuhada! Its as simple as that. The are carrying a white flag as per protocol to let Indians know that they are coming unarmed and for the purpose of collecting the bodies. Nothing wrong with that.

Secondly, the uniforms are clearly those of Pak Army and they are Pak Army soldiers. Everyone knows Pak Army was involved in Kargil and did an excellent job with the ZERO assistance they had against a heavily supported 70,000 troops who had round the clock air and artillery support! So Im proud of our soldiers.

And if you notice in other videos of Pakistani Soldiers in Indian hospital, ALL of them were injured and incapacitated. NO ONE in that hospital was in healthy shape. They were all injured or killed, no one surrendered! NOT A SINGLE PAKISTANI SOLDIER SURRENDERED! 600-800 Soldiers against all odds, and fought with valor and pinned down a huge number of Indian forces, inflicting over 1600 killed on the enemy! Brave Lions Indeed!!!

Im extremely proud of those Heros and I salute them. If any one denies that they are Pakistani, then that person has some sort of complex about themselves and need to be more comfortable with being a Pakistani!

Long Live Pakistan.

Dear.. could you please forward me the links or URL which shows that casualities on indian side were 1600 ??

Please don't give any indian or pakistani links ... I will comment later.

These probably are Pakistani soldiers, but they're just collecting their casualties, I don't see how that amounts to a surrender. The soldiers in the hospital were describing how they were stranded wounded for several days, well they were wounded at posts which were assumed missing in action and no one was able to retrieve them.

I agree with Fargojake.

Its a SOP when exchanging dead bodies. You come with the white flag flying and get your bodies and go back. You exchange military courtesy as per protocol and such is life. When Indians come to retrieve their bodies, they do the exact same. Some idiot turned it into cheap propaganda ploy by claiming it to be a surrender when it is not. (There is no surrendering along the LoC or IB). After hostilities or sometimes during hostilities, during the lull, the dead can be exchanged after mutual consultations.

The folks in the video are Pakistani troops and officer. The uniform is accurate...as per regulations, our officers do not wear any formation/unit specific insignias. The units in the Northern Areas wear their turtleneck jourseys and berets over tucked in Khaki pants.

Just got some information from an ex Indian solider

My name vijay patel I current working in call centre but things very different very many years ago. I had being serving with greatest honour in Sachin snowpeak. In history no one seen brave solider like me and bharat brothers. I telling you story about encounter with Pakis. They one day attacking us and we have no artillery or air planes to bombing so I and brothers took rifles firing at Pakistani. Pakis having numbers of 5,000 fojee but me and 5 only fighting with Pakistani. Fighting very bad doosh and doom and boom everywhere and I falling over with gun firing and firing. I waking up and see commanding officer saab looking at me with samosa in hand telling we win battle. I so happy I jumping up but seeing no the bodies of Pakis. Singh General then telling “it ok we have on tape”. I so happy I knowing Vir Chakra on way to me. I lucky as well getting my picture in tv saying how braving I was. I getting big medals for action bravery so I leaving force with big honour. But tragedy striking and I had been calling back to be investigated by authority me and brothers. I don’t knowing what we do wrong. They telling me it is faking! Bashatrds they not knowing ISI do all this? So they guilty find me and everybody including general saab. So that is my story I sit here remembering glory days and very sad but antia has nice *** who sit in fronting of me so not too bad. I also looking youtube India army video all day and cherring jawans. But video in kargil with **** surrender Pakis soldier looking liking my old friends who serving with me. I think another ISI plotting. Thanking very much now listening I get back to customer calls.

hhhhhhhaaaaaaa you should have a tv show bro.
I sent your story to all my mates they can not stop laughing
:flag: "Fighting very bad doosh and doom and boom everywhere and I falling over with gun firing and firing" .....classic

The entire thread was started with the contention that it was fake, propaganda, bollywood etc. Please read the 1st 10 posts, if not more. Now we appear to be coming around to the POV that it may be authentic after all. That was the entire discussion point of this thread. I'm sorry I don't understand the term "gana bajana". Please explain - and pardon my ignorance.
Actually the questions raised by Waz still stand... So how can we qualify its authenticity? It's highly suspect since they choose to release this now? It's not Pak Army's involvement that's on dispute, its these videos.

I call shenanigens, simple as that.

I agree with Fargojake.

Its a SOP when exchanging dead bodies. You come with the white flag flying and get your bodies and go back. You exchange military courtesy as per protocol and such is life. When Indians come to retrieve their bodies, they do the exact same. Some idiot turned it into cheap propaganda ploy by claiming it to be a surrender when it is not. (There is no surrendering along the LoC or IB). After hostilities or sometimes during hostilities, during the lull, the dead can be exchanged after mutual consultations.

The folks in the video are Pakistani troops and officer. The uniform is accurate...as per regulations, our officers do not wear any formation/unit specific insignias. The units in the Northern Areas wear their turtleneck jourseys and berets over tucked in Khaki pants.
Any other media outlet other than Youtube confirming this exchange? Seeing is just not always believing.

hhhhhhhaaaaaaa you should have a tv show bro.
I sent your story to all my mates they can not stop laughing
:flag: "Fighting very bad doosh and doom and boom everywhere and I falling over with gun firing and firing" .....classic
I personally wouldn't condone that behavior... We shouldn't make insulting jokes like that. If the enemy believes we'd cower out, surrender or raise flags... Good. That complacency serves us better than their vigilance. But us making wisecrack jokes reflects poorly on us.

Waz, your arguments are commendable but just stick to them, the arguments.

Any other media outlet other than Youtube confirming this exchange? Seeing is just not always believing.

I do not think it should matter if its on somewhere or not. I think its utterly disrespectful to turn the exchange of dead into a cheap propaganda ploy by putting it up on youtube of all the places and then stupidly claiming it to be surrender...whoever this idiot was who put it up had no freaking clue about what goes on around the LoC and the IB (in the 90s, this was a very, very common occurance for both sides)...the ceremony itself is pretty sombre (I do not see an IA officer or jawan acting out of line...its a dignified handing of bodies over...unfortunately the jingo who put it on Youtube missed the point).

Blain,

You are missing the point.

Pakistan Army denied its involvement in the entire affair, giving the credit to terrorists. The video and Musharraf's admission in the book proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was an entire Pakistani Army fantasy of paying back in kind to India after the world of hurt it got from Siachen.

I feel really sad for the poor soldiers which the Pakistani Army abandoned.

No food, no water, no ammo.

A great tragedy. Wasnt it some Indian general who said, Pakistan Army is a group of lions led by a group of donkeys ?

Back
Top Bottom