What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Actually I remember I was reading an American article they were calling j-20 jet with smoky Russian engine.
Brother, it's RD93 smoking. Maybe RD93MA will figure that out?

Can we let Russia customize a non-smoky engine for Jf17....

The AZM project alone is not enough. Our Pakistan Air Force also needs a new generation SOJ aircrafts and more advanced Aew / c planes. If you think of the air force as a whole, the 5th generation war plane will affect the whole structure.

Also, Joint commands with new gen wings need real-time and bi-directional tactical data network for network-centric battle. Also needs own IFF. Engine and the airframe can be solve in some way. The important thing is that the Pakistani air force must have its own avionics in new gen aircrafts that will have full access.

The AZM project alone is not enough. Our Pakistan Air Force also needs a new generation SOJ aircrafts and more advanced Aew / c planes. If you think of the air force as a whole, the 5th generation war plane will affect the whole structure.

Also, Joint commands with new gen wings need real-time and bi-directional tactical data network for network-centric battle. Also needs own IFF. Engine and the airframe can be solve in some way. The important thing is that the Pakistani air force must have its own avionics in new gen aircrafts that will have full access.
Main thing in 5th jet is a stealth technology i think we don't have it.[emoji94]

between, what exactly did Turkey sell to India? I must have missed it.
Basically nothing.

A report was published which showed the customers of Turkish defence companies, and India was one of them.

There are many tech start ups in India that imports components from all over. Some of them must have imported from Turkey since they've European tech. It's not even known if all these Indian companies are making defence products, let alone these things actually being used by Indian military.

It's an open secret that some shady European companies sell communication devices to third parties via Turkey. Some equipment could be that as well.

Turkey's only interest in India is trade and Pakistan should be concerned about this alone.

DefExpo 2018 saw only one Turkish company among other hundreds and it wasn't even a big one. Even if the Indian companies that imports some stuff from Turkey had given any significant order, we'd have seen more Turkish presence.

So it's private business matters insignificant to defence.

Basically nothing.

A report was published which showed the customers of Turkish defence companies, and India was one of them.

There are many tech start ups in India that imports components from all over. Some of them must have imported from Turkey since they've European tech. It's not even known if all these Indian companies are making defence products, let alone these things actually being used by Indian military.

It's an open secret that some shady European companies sell communication devices to third parties via Turkey. Some equipment could be that as well.

Turkey's only interest in India is trade and Pakistan should be concerned about this alone.

DefExpo 2018 saw only one Turkish company among other hundreds and it wasn't even a big one. Even if the Indian companies that imports some stuff from Turkey had given any significant order, we'd have seen more Turkish presence.

So it's private business matters insignificant to defence.
We don't have any problem with our Turkish brothers.If Turks sell you some thing it will prosper our Turks brothers

I poster here, I forget his name, i think Syed Yusuf or something similar said that the best design profile was a delta with twin canted V tail and TVC.

I was just thinking about this configuration and I think it would be brilliant. Why?

Because TVC has had some benefits that are not often discussed or thought of:

1. TVC is very effective for maneuver at high altitude (where future BVR engagements are likely to be). At high altitude, wings are less and less effective, needing greater and greater wing area / lower wing loading.

But greater wing area comes at the expense of drag and weight. With a TVC, for a given amount of maneuverability, lower drag and less wing area is needed.

2. TVC along with 45 degree tails allow you to eliminate canards, lowering weight and complexity

3. TVC has stealth benefits as @Oscar pointed out.

4. TVC and canted tails would together allow a simple delta design, significantly lowering drag, RCS, wing loading, increasing range and efficiency.

this means one can, with this general profile, have the best chance of a low cost supercruising stealth fighter.

if we imagine twin improved RD-93s, at say 120 kn thrust, and we limit or eliminate the need for internal weapons, and instead go for semi-recessed weapons, you end up with an aerodynamic profile that can take on F-22s and a combat radius twice that of the JF-17 (roughly, guestimate).

Brother, it's RD93 smoking. Maybe RD93MA will figure that out?

Can we let Russia customize a non-smoky engine for Jf17....
I think he is talking about this news recently published
China’s new super-stealth fighter FLOP uses TWO DECADE old engines after new ones EXPLODE
CHINA'S new super-stealth fighter is a flop after experts revealed the jet is a disaster with Beijing forced to use 20-year-old engines after the new ones kept exploding.
By JOHN THALASSITES
PUBLISHED: 21:55, Wed, Feb 28, 2018 | UPDATED: 22:20, Wed, Feb 28, 2018

Back
Top Bottom