What's new

President Xi Jinping Visits Pakistan.

Security situation in KPK and Baluchistan.
Think about that as well.

I thought our great Pakistan Army is 'winning' the War on Terror. But obviously no one knows what is truly going on in Baluchistan and most of FATA and KPK because unless you have an ISPR organized propaganda trip, you won't know anything objectively about the security situation or any situation. While the patwaris of Punjab continue to get fat on Chinese largess.

An honest government would have stipulated to the Chinese that the CPEC route must go through Quetta and Peshawar, and even asked for funds for security of Chinese workers as well as cantonments, etc along the route. If there's a will, there's a way.

But now, Baluchistan, FATA, KPK left behind as always.

I hope he also has a secret offer to establish a tissue factory in Pakistan, to export tissues to India :D they are going to need it a lot :D

I thought our great Pakistan Army is 'winning' the War on Terror. But obviously no one knows what is truly going on in Baluchistan and most of FATA and KPK because unless you have an ISPR organized propaganda trip, you won't know anything objectively about the security situation or any situation. While the patwaris of Punjab continue to get fat on Chinese largess.

An honest government would have stipulated to the Chinese that the CPEC route must go through Quetta and Peshawar, and even asked for funds for security of Chinese workers as well as cantonments, etc along the route. If there's a will, there's a way.

But now, Baluchistan, FATA, KPK left behind as always.

I completely agree with you, but can't KPK and Baluchistan work together to create a road? I don't think that would be too hard.

China.jpg
F16 formuation copy.jpg

I completely agree with you, but can't KPK and Baluchistan work together to create a road? I don't think that would be too hard.

This is a 'national' project. So it was up to the 'national'/federal government at the time of negotiations with the Chinese to arrange for provisions for Baluchistan, FATA and KPK. After that, the provincial governments would have to come in to action to implement that plan. Baluchistan, FATA, KPK are cash strapped. The Army is building back towns and villages it destroyed in its anti-terror operations from American money; the government of Pakistan doesn't have a dime to spend there for development and relocation of IDPs back to their native lands..

Here they are boasting and beating their chests over $46bil from China.. Let's see how many more textile mills, sugar mills, etc Nawaz Sharif & Co. build after the money starts flowing.

This is absolute nonsense.. and all those singing China-Pakistan Friendship songs have missed the entire point of this $$$ exercise.

This is a 'national' project. So it was up to the 'national'/federal government at the time of negotiations with the Chinese to arrange for provisions for Baluchistan, FATA and KPK. After that, the provincial governments would have to come in to action to implement that plan. Baluchistan, FATA, KPK are cash strapped. The Army is building back towns and villages it destroyed in its anti-terror operations from American money; the government of Pakistan doesn't have a dime to spend there for development and relocation of IDPs back to their native lands..

Here they are boasting and beating their chests over $46bil from China.. Let's see how many more textile mills, sugar mills, etc Nawaz Sharif & Co. build after the money starts flowing.

This is absolute nonsense.. and all those singing China-Pakistan Friendship songs have missed the entire point of this $$$ exercise.

When this project was being discussed, both KP and Baluchistan were in deep security trouble. I wont blame the government for this route, yes it will probably fatten PML-Ns pockets, but the other route probably was not possible at that time. It is quite an achievement that this project is being developed at all. It is going to help Pakistan, we should ignore our PML-N hatred and congratulate them for this ultimate milestone.

We do not have the money now, but we will have it in coming years and then we can develop this road. That would probably be much more economical than the current route and hence more successful. Obviously both provinces will have to work hard and pressurize the government to fund it. :). AND THAT IS GOING TO BE HARD :D

For now, the fact that it is being developed in Baluchistan and can potentially create 2 Mln jobs is not less than pleasing.

P.S i am not a pro-PML-N.

Chinese President and Nawaz Shareef Inaugurated 5 Project through Video Link also signed 14 power projects ...

projects include

900 MW Solar power Plant Bahawalpur
720 MW Karwat Hydel Power Project
50 MW UEP wind power
50 MW Sachal wind
300 MW salt range Power Project
1320 MW Sahiwal Coal power Project
1320 MW Port Qasim Coal Power Project
660 MW Hubo
870 MW sukhi Kinari
100 MW Dudu
660 Sindh Engro
and many more

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::china::china::china::china::china:

When this project was being discussed, both KP and Baluchistan were in deep security trouble. I wont blame the government for this route, yes it will probably fatten PML-Ns pockets, but the other route probably was not possible at that time. It is quite an achievement that this project is being developed at all. It is going to help Pakistan, we should ignore our PML-N hatred and congratulate them for this ultimate milestone.

We do not have the money now, but we will have it in coming years and then we can develop this road. That would probably be much more economical than the current route and hence more successful. Obviously both provinces will have to work hard and pressurize the government to fund it. :). AND THAT IS GOING TO BE HARD :D

For now, the fact that it is being developed in Baluchistan and can potentially create 2 Mln jobs is not less than pleasing.

P.S i am not a pro-PML-N.

I did not say you are pro-PMLN, I was simply expressing my general disgust. An 'achievement' of this sort without 'vision' is slated for mediocre results. The current route goes through areas of Punjab so close to the Indian border, do you think it is wise to build such a strategic economic corridor with so much $$$ on the line barely few kilometers from India's prying eyes? They can monitor everything, they have drones too. Another thing, any hostilities and the 'economic corridor' will be paralyzed.

This is a massive opportunity utterly wasted due to greed to line pockets. If anyone ever takes a trip to Baluchistan, it is heart breaking and tears one's eyes. That place looks like the bottom sh*thole of the planet worse than Africa. I was fuming looking at the condition of people there. This CPEC would have turned around Baluchistan, FATA and KPK fortunes and provided the very development needed to quell insurgencies, etc.

Alas! another blunder in the list of blunders of Pakistani history..

I did not say you are pro-PMLN, I was simply expressing my general disgust. An 'achievement' of this sort without 'vision' is slated for mediocre results. The current route goes through areas of Punjab so close to the Indian border, do you think it is wise to build such a strategic economic corridor with so much $$$ on the line barely few kilometers from India's prying eyes? They can monitor everything, they have drones too. Another thing, any hostilities and the 'economic corridor' will be paralyzed.

This is a massive opportunity utterly wasted due to greed to line pockets. If anyone ever takes a trip to Baluchistan, it is heart breaking and tears one's eyes. That place looks like the bottom sh*thole of the planet worse than Africa. I was fuming looking at the condition of people there. This CPEC would have turned around Baluchistan, FATA and KPK fortunes and provided the very development needed to quell insurgencies, etc.

Alas! another blunder in the list of blunders of Pakistani history..

Like i said if you don't know don't call anything as Blunder there are 3 routes of Pakistan China Economic Corridor... It's not a Blunder It Connecting Cities with Each other with Highways
Look at the Map of Corridor

WO-AW155A_PAKCH_16U_20150416170335.jpg

True friends invest in our infrastructure instead of giving personal gifts to the politicians. ;)

Like i said if you don't know don't call anything as Blunder there are 3 routes of Pakistan China Economic Corridor... It's not a Blunder It Connecting Cities with Each other with Highways

Please provide the maps of these 3 routes you speak of or are you just going to start making claims here also like other threads without providing evidence? There is only ONE map showing the main route which @skybolt posted and it goes squarely through Punjab and does not even bother with Quetta and Peshawar - provincial capitals of two of the poorest provinces that really need this CPEC.

Please provide the maps of these 3 routes you speak of or are you just going to start making claims here also like other threads without providing evidence? There is only ONE map showing the main route which @skybolt posted and it goes squarely through Punjab and does not even bother with Quetta and Peshawar - provincial capitals of two of the poorest provinces that really need this CPEC.

Here you GO stop wasting your Energy here and stop barking

Here you GO stop wasting your Energy here and stop barking

As expected, patwari posts map from Wall Street Journal. I asked for OFFICIAL map from something OFFICIAL put forward by the Pakistani or Chinese government. I await your OFFICIAL map of 3-routes, I would be very happy is that is the official map, but I have not seen that in any Pakistani government handouts or promotional material.

I do understand that for patwaris, asking questions is akin to 'barking', that is why the Cyber Crimes Bill 2015 being introduced by PMLN to become law. Criticism and questioning is considered 'barking' by PMLN dogs whose masters sit in Saudi Arabia.

Back
Top Bottom