What's new

President Pranab Mukherjee Thanks Dhaka for Tripura Power Plant

We should definitely sell you the electricity, hell if we get our transit deal then make it free.

On the Teesta though-Let me guess, you want to decide what's your legitimate command area and share of water from the Teesta right? IF your Chinese friends divert the Brahmaputra we may actually be forced to initiate the nations wide river linking project to start diverting even more water..then our neighbors can complain and tell us that we are thieves.

Command area prescription has not been cited by the UN as a criteria for sharing river water. The sharing principle is very simple. Just divide the water equally, and this is what BD is doing and trying to push through the throat of Mamata.

But, your Didi wants to be a govt leader at the Union level. So, she is pretending tough and thus giving pain to BD. Her days, however, are waning.

Command area prescription has not been cited by the UN as a criteria for sharing river water. The sharing principle is very simple. Just divide the water equally, and this is what BD is doing and trying to push through the throat of Mamata.

But, your Didi wants to be a govt leader at the Union level. So, she is pretending tough and thus giving pain to BD. Her days, however, are waning.

AND the next govt. will take the same stand in WB as she did since its a populist stand.

Is there some international obligation for us to share exactly 50/50, if so press it in court.

Didi is like that only, take her... :D

Bdw Eastwatch r u 4m Dhaka?

My dear @idune, is it possible to kill a river just by temporary filling a part of its bed in the dry season? After the heavy machinery was transported the river bed was reinstated certainly.

For you and your india loving type it really does not matter Bangladeshis killed by indian bullet, indian terrorism or river died down because of artificial dam by india or Awami League. Indian interest is supreme to you folks. Rather than talking show the proof that river bed reinstated???

The alternative route was to transport the heavy machines over the bridge that could have been broken by the heavy live load. Did you really want to kill the bridge?

Both of these are destructive to Bangladesh and Bangladeshis and their livelihood. Why could you not think how india transport these equipment is matter for india and SHOULD NOT be burden for Bangladesh???? Ofcourse, india and Awami lovers will think of indian interest over Bangladeshis. And your statements perfectly reflects that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Bangladeshis do not protest this river blocking, Bangladeshis have no reason to protest Tipai dam too.

Because India will say we will give BD water when BD needs, and block water when BD does not need. So why bother?

No offence but meeting your own national interests is entirely up to you and YOUR govt- you should not expect favours from anyone else.
You do understand that some things are bilateral. Transit was a bilateral issue, so is teesta river issue. If BD can be this genarous to meet your urge, Why can't you? remember hasina can't hold power for an infinite time, the next government may not be as subservient as hasina. People of BD are tired of indian hypocrisy, so will the government in future.

You do understand that some things are bilateral. Transit was a bilateral issue, so is teesta river issue. If BD can be this genarous to meet your urge, Why can't you? remember hasina can't hold power for an infinite time, the next government may not be as subservient as hasina. People of BD are tired of indian hypocrisy, so will the government in future.
No such things as "generous" where international relations are concerned. You serve your national interest, if you feel you have been exploited- that is entirely YOUR fault. Don't blame Indian diplomats for serving their nation to the best of their abilities. You expect India to look after BD's and India's interests simultaneously? Clearly this is counter-intuitive and mutually exclusive.

Only your credit-worth $1 billion never came and this BD govt. has tried to give everything there is possibly to give.

In 2010, India extended a $1 billion Line of Credit, its largest ever, to the Government of Bangladesh. The $1 billion LOC was provided primarily for infrastructure, communication development projects such as railway infrastructure, supply of locomotives and passenger coaches, supply of buses, port dredging projects and support for ports and bridges.[9] The terms of the 2010 LOC included an interest rate of 1.75 percent and a requirement that 85 percent of the project’s goods and services be imported from India.[10] When the Government of Bangladesh found that these LOC conditions made it difficult to draw on the LOC, India, in May 2012, decided to change part of the LOC into a grant and reduce the conditions attached to the LOC. The LOC was divided into an $810.86 million LOC and a $200 million grant, to be used at the discretion of the Government of Bangladesh for urgent development projects. The $810.86 million LOC had a reduced interest rate of one percent and the percentage of the Line of Credit subprojects tied to procurement from Indian providers was reduced to between 65 and 75 percent (see figure 2). [11] Moreover, the reduction of the interest rate on the LOC to one percent meant that based on the difference between the average market rates for loans and the rate offered by this LOC, the grant element offered by the 2012 LOC to Bangladesh had a 61 percent grant component. This grant element of the LOC to Bangladesh is higher than the 56 percent “best terms” grant element India offers on its LOCs to highly indebted poor countries (HIPC) as defined by the Paris Club initiative and the World Bank classification scheme

fig2.png

India Development Cooperation Research (IDRC): India-Bangladesh

@JD_In ... I didn't need to read your post as I have read this loan/credit thing several times. There are some posts probably in Bangladesh economy or Bangladesh development thread where it was proved India is unwilling to release the loans they have agreed on before. You can search for those posts if you want. Good Night. :sleep:

@JD_In ... I didn't need to read your post as I have read this loan/credit thing several times. There are some posts probably in Bangladesh economy or Bangladesh development thread where it was proved India is unwilling to sanction the loans they have agreed to give before. You can search for those posts if you want. Good Night. :sleep:

no thnx....good nite.

No such things as "generous" where international relations are concerned. You serve your national interest, if you feel you have been exploited- that is entirely YOUR fault. Don't blame Indian diplomats for serving their nation to the best of their abilities. You expect India to look after BD's and India's interests simultaneously? Clearly this is counter-intuitive and mutually exclusive.

I agree with the no such thing as generous bit.its a two way road.when AL leaves India should also remember that without benefit BD will not be generous anymore.

an ally can be called when no matter who is in power, there always remain mutual co-operation and benefit for both parties. So BD and Ind are not allies right now

India has tense relations with BNP because BNP has extensively supported anti India militants like ulfa and been involved in supporting Islamist terrorists with the aid of ISI.

If BNP is willing to change and support India instead of trying to harm India, there would be good relations with them as well.

I agree, That's why we called this hasina a 'dalal', who prefers indias interests instead of BD. I think from now on indian should not protest when we say hasina is a rawamy dalal or so :cuckoo:

I agree with the no such thing as generous bit.its a two way road.when AL leaves India should also remember that without benefit BD will not be generous anymore.

I agree but I think you are painting a very unfair and inaccurate picture- India is doing A LOT for BD too.

Oh come on... A mere thanks for everything Dhaka has done for India in the last 5 years.:hitwall:
You are an Ehsan-farmosh...:taz:

Keep jumping.....Thank is not for joker like you....it is for BD govt.... Mr Ehsan-farmosh the Pakistani

Back
Top Bottom