What's new

President gives go ahead for North Waziristan operation

pakistanitarzan

Reaction score
I do not know the extent to which this news is true but i thought i should share :)

President gives go ahead for North Waziristan operation | Business Recorder

President Asif Ali Zardari is understood to have given a green signal to the military leadership to conduct an operation against terrorists in North Waziristan, it is learnt. According to sources, the President discussed the situation of North Waziristan with Chief of Army Staff (CoAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in a meeting on Thursday night at Presidency. North Waziristan agency is considered the hub of terrorists.

The sources said, it was told in the meeting that the army is receiving intelligence reports from North Waziristan on a daily basis. According to reports, terrorists have safe havens in that area. The sources said a meeting had been summoned in the General Headquarter (GHQ) Rawalpindi where Corps Commander Peshawar would give a briefing over the security situation of North Waziristan.

The sources said that briefing would also be given to parliament's standing committee on defence in the next few days. On Friday Asif Ali Zardari also held a high level meeting at Presidency to discuss various aspects and political repercussions of a military operation in North Waziristan. Prior to this meeting, the President held a one-on-one meeting with Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf to discuss security situation of tribal areas.

According to a handout issued from the Presidency, President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday hosted a dinner for some federal ministers here at Aiwan-e-sadr. Those who were present included Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf, Former Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Nazar Muhammad Gondal, Rana Mohammad Farooq Saeed Khan, Syed Naveed Qamar, Qamar Zaman Kaira, Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani, Mian Manzoor Ahmad Wattoo, Senator Farooq H Naek, Makhdoom Shahabuddin, Chaudhary Ahmed Mukhtar and Minister of State for Interior Chaudhary Imtiaz Safdar Waraich. Senator Jahangir Badar, Spokesperson to the President Senator Farhatullah Babar, Senator Sardar Ali Khan, MNA Ms Rukhsana Bangash and Ms Fouzia Habib were also present. Current situation also came under discussion during the dinner.

If Pakistan conducts an operation in North Waziristan, It has to carefully plan for it. Because the North waziristan is a Hub for Haqqani Network Militants, Mullah nazir, Gulbuddin Hematkayar. These factions As of now has not targetted pakistan security forces, Although Certain factions have conflict with pakistan in the issue of drone attacks, Pakistan may target TTP Safe heavens and Hafiz Gul Bahadhur faction. JF-17 Thunders will be used.

I find this whole thing so silly.

They may as well send out cards indicating the venue & time when the operations will start , a band too would help.

Are military operations started with so much fanfare & publicity ? Unless the intention is to delay it to a point that winter sets in , allows the bad boys to quit leaving behind cannon fodder to show to the media.

No operation will be successful until the Afghan boarder be sealed first , Pak Army will only find ghost town as most of the militant will run away to Afghanistan.
Cat and mouse game and waste of money, but militant can come back at night to attack Pak army from Afghan side ,so till an operation is conduct from both sides , Pak army will only be doing cat and mouse game.

US army doesn't have numbers to seal the boarder and Pak army won't trust the new Afghan Army because they will be back stab.

I can't write in the privilege thread but any media attempt to push an attack on North Waziristan without having a army at the Afghan boarder (on the other side) ,to stop the fleeing militant will be waste of money and life

Good kill all these bastards and send them straight to hell where they belong show no mercey PA may GOD be with you .

More importantly.
Did the president grow some balls to give PAF green signal to shoot down drones?

More importantly.
Did the president grow some balls to give PAF green signal to shoot down drones?

According to wiki leaks the president doesn't care for collateral damage by drones as he said to US authorities , he said you might care not and me and then he became their chosen guy.

I really don't think anyone has asked Zardari to give go-ahead. Secondly, I don't see how North Waziristan Operations comes into the play. When major players of the NW are not against Pakistan. Unless Federal Government really want to make them Pakistan's Enemy. if Operation requires to be done, that should be in South Waziristan, hunting down operation, may be fencing whole boarder to stop any interferance from Afghanistan, and Should be inside Afghanistan which is Safe Heaven for TTP. Abdullah Masoud, Radio Mullah everyone part of TTP is in Afghanistan and should be caught and killed on the spot. But before anything a proper strategy for securing everything inside Pakistan should be made.

Problem re-occurred when Pakistan opened up Supply route for NATO, otherwise when Supply routes was blocked no attack did happen inside Pakistan. Most problem NATO supply route are helping TTP cause as well (if not armor alone). Also most importantly Pakistani intelligence need to be improve so they can tackle all the operatives inside Pakistan. Pakistan need to take full action against to destroy and finish up TTP once for all. and their Lords.

Back
Top Bottom