What's new

Preparing for any future missile attacks within Pakistan

This is a very important thread.

On the night if 27th this was exactly my concern and we have seen chaos in Karachi the past when BB returned and their was a blast. Now a missile attack would be much worse and at multiple locations can be catastrophic.

If we have only 18 fire brigades working than that is alarming. The fire department needs to have a comprehensive plan in place so does the hospitals etc.

missile attack is the last level of escalation.next level is threat of nuclear missiles.pakistan can also hit important indian cities with missiles.india knows that it can't control level of escalation after missile attack.pakistan have much better missiles than india specially cruise missiles.

You dont talk like that when you bring in 24 fighters against 8, and when 12 IAF mirages intruded Pakistani airspace your PAF was sleeping.
What we did was again repeated by you, what makes you think IAF is inferior? The guts to take on Another fighter? fighting against veteran fighters makes IAF inferior? It takes nerves of steel to fight an enemy that both have, PAF did sonic booms using 2 aircraft, we did that with the whole western command, PAF is a worthy adversary, but soldiers dont talk like that....
Well if thats the case then why wait for Rafale ? why not just add up the numbers and go 48(Indian) vs 24(Pak) or in the same proportion as you guys have more jets then us and settle the score.

Its us that will press the N button before you, dont worry we have sharp eyes on every nuclear asset you have...
Thats what IAF were saying before 27th Feb.

If they attack karachi , in retaliation mumbai will be hit with twice the firepower.

If brahmos were planned to be used it will be for military targets and not Karachi central library.

High value economic targets besides military targets next if skirmish escalates into war. Of course retaliation will be expected and will happen.

Hi,

We know IAF is a no match against PAF so next attack will come in the form of Missile attack. India was planning to hit Karachi using Brahmos during the last conflict. We need to analyze what will happen if India does hit multiple targets in Karachi. Are we prepared to control the damage? I am focussing on Karachi because it is the most populous city of Pakistan and any attack on it will result in more casualties and damage to property than any other part of the country.

Imagine if a missile with a heavy warhead falls on a heavily populated area in Karachi and a fast-spreading fire breaks out. Do we have the capacity to control it quickly before the damage multiplies? Here is the report from Duniya news regarding Karachi's Fire Brigade:

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/439507-Rescuing-Karachis-fire-brigade

"The department in Karachi had a fleet of 60 fire brigades in 2010. In 2011, an agreement was signed with a company named FRC to repair fire tenders. Eight years into that agreement and only 18 vehicles are left now."

I fear any such missile attack on a densely populated area will be uncontrollable and will lead to a bigger catastrophe than "Great Fire of London".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London

I think we need to equip fire brigade with newer equipment and with more fire tenders. We need a fleet of at least 300 to 400 fire tenders on an urgent basis and fire brigade staff needs to be properly trained too. We also need to work in the civil defense area and need to train youth in this regard.

Our history shows both sides had been good enemies and had been engaging military targets of opponents, therefore, targeting civilian population still can't be immediate threat. My guess

Hi,

We know IAF is a no match against PAF .

This, my friend, is a gross over-exaggeration.

The numbers alone are in favor of IAF. So is the "money" and "influence" factor. They can, if need arise, quickly equip their IAF with stuff we can't ever have. So, your whole premise seems a little off.

However, I totally agree with you on state of fire-brigade in particular and over-all disaster management in general.

PN, DHA, Malir contonment have it's own rescues, they will help city govt in case of fire emergency.

Our history shows both sides had been good enemies and had been engaging military targets of opponents, therefore, targeting civilian population still can't be immediate threat. My guess

What about ceasefire voilations across line of control which results in frequent civilian casualties? Secondly India has been investing in anti Pakistani elements who have not spared anyone including childrens.

The best deterrence for a sword is not a shield but a sword of your own.

And that deterrence has been destroyed during last conflict. India will try again and this time it won’t be limited to just using air force. If they attack few madarasas in densily populated area calling them terrorist camps than I don’t think we would be in position to reply back in same manner.

India is a strategic partner of US and US will do eveything to protect India including deploying its anti missile defence systems, jamming our radars and F16s during escalation.

Hitting Karachi will bring down whole economy of Pakistan and it will be really difficult for us to recover.

I think RAW funded MQM systematically dismantled our important civilian assets like fire brigade. India has been preparing for war which is evident in the form of damaged P3C Orions and SAAB AWACS. Although we recovered from that attack but it’s evident now why they targetted our strategic assets.

Don't you guyz think they planned something for civilian institutions as well? I think destroying fire brigade is part of their plan. Hindu Banya is clever and we need to sit down and check what happened during last 15 years under corrupt and traitorous regime of Zardari, Nawaz and Altaf.

Fire tendors from DHA and cantonment areas are not enough to cover the extent of damage we should be expecting.

Best counter to brahmos is jaming and deceiving its seeker

Its non atealth so u shud see it well in time for jamming to take place

Hi,

We know IAF is a no match against PAF so next attack will come in the form of Missile attack. India was planning to hit Karachi using Brahmos during the last conflict. We need to analyze what will happen if India does hit multiple targets in Karachi. Are we prepared to control the damage? I am focussing on Karachi because it is the most populous city of Pakistan and any attack on it will result in more casualties and damage to property than any other part of the country.

Imagine if a missile with a heavy warhead falls on a heavily populated area in Karachi and a fast-spreading fire breaks out. Do we have the capacity to control it quickly before the damage multiplies? Here is the report from Duniya news regarding Karachi's Fire Brigade:

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/439507-Rescuing-Karachis-fire-brigade

"The department in Karachi had a fleet of 60 fire brigades in 2010. In 2011, an agreement was signed with a company named FRC to repair fire tenders. Eight years into that agreement and only 18 vehicles are left now."

I fear any such missile attack on a densely populated area will be uncontrollable and will lead to a bigger catastrophe than "Great Fire of London".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London

I think we need to equip fire brigade with newer equipment and with more fire tenders. We need a fleet of at least 300 to 400 fire tenders on an urgent basis and fire brigade staff needs to be properly trained too. We also need to work in the civil defense area and need to train youth in this regard.

before we control the damage in Karachi, 12 misisles will be flying towards Mumbai's core for every one hit in Pakistan.

or we can use Indian excuse "since they can't fight with PAF we are using Missiles". with "oops we ran out of conventional war heads"

Back
Top Bottom