What's new

Post your non Anatolian Turkish ancestry

Nice story. My family has some history with the greeks as well. When the Ottomans were losing selanik my great great grandma was fighting the greek soldiers with an axe. They ran away from her. My family lived on the outside of selanik. Ataturk was also going to marry one of my ancestors but they said no because he was a soldier and would always be moving. Imagine if my ancestor married ataturk.:hitwall:

Than there would have been no Great Kaan ..:rofl:

Nice story. My family has some history with the greeks as well. When the Ottomans were losing selanik my great great grandma was fighting the greek soldiers with an axe. They ran away from her. My family lived on the outside of selanik. Ataturk was also going to marry one of my ancestors but they said no because he was a soldier and would always be moving. Imagine if my ancestor married ataturk.:hitwall:

Than there would have been no Great Kaan ..:rofl:

Last edited:
i know what is khorasani turk is but i thought they live in east of iran btw where are you from ?

are you from that khorasani turks which i meet in eastern iran ? :D

There are a couple of tribes among Khorasani Turks. Those planted by the safavid shiites against the Uzbeks, and those that go back even before them to the Seljuq times. There are other tribes of Turks such as the Aimak Federation, located in Western Afghanistan, including Herat and border provinces.

Turkish govt should heavily assist these people financially in order to make sure their numbers will increase more :angel:

I think it would be even better to take all Turks in conflict regions to Turkey, first of all Syrian Turkmens who are suffering in the clashes between Assad, opposition and Kurds, then later Afghani and Iraqi Turkmens.

The problem with bringing turks to turkey is that we lose our influence in far off lands like china, or places in russia. We hsould support them in their native lands unless the situation is really bad.

The problem with bringing turks to turkey is that we lose our influence in far off lands like china, or places in russia. We hsould support them in their native lands unless the situation is really bad.
Sry but screw influence if our brothers are suffering, just bring them to Turkey and give them a peaceful life, nobody will help them of we dont do it.

I think it would be even better to take all Turks in conflict regions to Turkey, first of all Syrian Turkmens who are suffering in the clashes between Assad, opposition and Kurds, then later Afghani and Iraqi Turkmens.

But, there are millions and millions of Turks in Afghanistan. And they are native of those lands now. They are part of the fabric. The same is with Syrian and Iraqi Turkmens.
Iraqi Turkmen tribes have become totally arabized in the south of Iraq. Their turkish ethnicity is now left only in the name. And they are now arabs. And both Syrian and Iraqi Turkmens have married into Arabs to a large extent.

Turks are a pan-islamic nation. They are local to wherever they live and they are part of the fabric of those lands. I do not agree with Turkey trying to take in Bulgarian Turks either. This is politics.

I dont think this is a good idea.......

But, there are millions and millions of Turks in Afghanistan. And they are NATIVE of those lands now. They are part of the fabric. The same is with Syrian and Iraqi Turkmens.
Iraqi Turkmen tribes have become totally arabized in the south. Their turkish ethnicity is now left only in the name. And they are now arabs.

Turks are a pan-islamic nation. They are local to wherever they live and they are part of the fabric of those lands. I do not agree with Turkey trying to take in Bulgarian Turks either. This is politics.
Im talking about the Turkmens in conflict regions, the Kyrgyz in the videos i posted in previous page are from Aghanistan, they escaped the soviet invasion.

Also Iraqi Turkmen still speak Turkish and know that they are Turkmens, it doesnt make them Arabs only because they can speak the language.

Turkmens are alone in this world and Turkey is the only country that could help them.

Im talking about the Turkmens in conflict regions, the Kyrgyz in the videos i posted in previous page are from Aghanistan, they escaped the soviet invasion.

Also Iraqi Turkmen still speak Turkish and know that they are Turkmens, it doesnt make them Arabs only because they can speak the language.

Turkmens are alone in this world and Turkey is the only country that could help them.

Yes, you are right. Turkey is the sole country that has the ability to help Turkmens, who have maintained their identity and sense of nationhood as the Turk nation.

P.S. There is more to Iraqi Turkmens. There are tribes of Iraqi Turkmens, which have now totally arabized. Like the Qaraghoulou in Babil and Southern Anbar, which is a sizeable tribe, but now considered Sunni Arab. And there are tribes of Turkmens further south, that have totally married, or confederated into southern Iraqi Shiite Arab tribes. Some tribes have their families broken and mixed into the Arab tribes, or these Turkmen tribes have been totally assimilated, over the centuries.

It would not be an exaggeration to say that 10% of the Arab population in the Levant and Iraq is of Turkish origin

This is the case in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. But it happened over the centuries.

In Afghanistan, the Kyrgyz are considered Mongol, more than Turk.

Back
Top Bottom