What's new

Porsche's Chief Designer is a Chinese??!!

Götterdämmerung;4513661 said:
Who in his right mind (in Europe) would even think of American cars? :girl_wacko:

cause you use that word like its reminiscent of muscle cars

If Chinese people are not that special, why you copy China's culture for more than two thousand years? BTW, not only viet, it seems that korea, japan has all copied our culture for that duration as well.

And that is what people meant when they criticized Chinese industries as copycats. Even the Chinese members have admitted that copying and rote memorization is the quickest way to learn industrialization before original designs can be experimented.

As individuals, the Chinese people is no less or no more than any other races. It depends on the environment, the drive, and a bit of luck to be successful and recognized. The new and very successful Ford Mustang was designed, not re-designed, by a Viet immigrant...

Ford Mustang Designer Revives an American Classic : NPR

If Chinese people are not that special, why you copy China's culture for more than two thousand years? BTW, not only viet, it seems that korea, japan has all copied our culture for that duration as well.
This topic has nothing to do with cultural artifacts that are shared between neighbors. The US, Canada, and Mexico are examples of this. Rather, the criticisms are about China copying technological artifacts with barely acknowledgement of their sources.

China
“The National Medium- and Long-Term Plan for the Development of Science and Technology (2006-2020)” (now known in the West as the MLP). Bland as the title may be, the MLP describes itself as the “grand blueprint of science and technology development” to bring about the “great renaissance of the Chinese nation.”

The MLP explicitly states that a key tool for China to create its own intellectual property and proprietary product lines will be through tweaking foreign technology. Indeed, the MLP defines indigenous innovation as “enhancing original innovation through co-innovation and re-innovation based on the assimilation of imported technologies.” It also warns against blindly importing foreign technology without plans to transform it into Chinese technology. The report states: “One should be clearly aware that the importation of technologies without emphasizing the assimilation, absorption and re-innovation is bound to weaken the nation’s indigenous research and development capacity.”
The highlighted is code for forced cooperation between a foreign company with a Chinese partner and even outright theft from that partner if necessary.

The highlighted is code for forced cooperation between a foreign company with a Chinese partner and even outright theft from that partner if necessary.

Brilliant isnt it? Taking leaps and bounds without all the hard work.. and without spending all the cash.
Unethical.. But Brilliant.

Brilliant isnt it? Taking leaps and bounds without all the hard work.. and without spending all the cash.
Unethical.. But Brilliant.

Think about is Oscar.

Did the West ask us before stealing our inventions, like Guns/Firearms/Rockets/Artillery/Explosives, and then using it to kill our people, and then enslaving half the world?

No, they never asked us. I don't condone stealing in return, but even if that is happening, at least we are not taking their inventions and using it to kill and enslave their people. We are using it to raise our own people out of poverty.

And yes, if they want access to our markets they need to give something in return, that will benefit us in the long-term. This is business.

Think about is Oscar.

Did the West ask us before stealing our inventions, like Guns/Firearms/Rockets/Artillery/Explosives, and then using it to kill our people, and then enslaving half the world?

No, they never asked us. I don't condone stealing in return, but even if that is happening, at least we are not taking their inventions and using it to kill and enslave their people. We are using it to raise our own people out of poverty.

And yes, if they want access to our markets they need to give something in return, that will benefit us in the long-term. This is business.
That is absurd. Not just in critical thinking but also in history. The knowledge of gunpowder to Europe was not from taking but from being spread by other peoples, and from that base technology, other innovations like explosives and rocketry were inevitable without Chinese inputs. You cannot prove that without Chinese instructors and professors standing nearby, European students would not be able to develop the rocket. What China is doing now has nothing to do with history or any perceived victimhood from the same.

That is absurd. Not just in critical thinking but also in history. The knowledge of gunpowder to Europe was not from taking but from being spread by other peoples, and from that base technology, other innovations like explosives and rocketry were inevitable without Chinese inputs. You cannot prove that without Chinese instructors and professors standing nearby, European students would not be able to develop the rocket. What China is doing now has nothing to do with history or any perceived victimhood from the same.

You're asking me to prove a negative? :lol:

That is dumb. Obviously I can't go back in time to see if the Europeans would have invented it on their own, they just didn't.

And you're one to talk. What in Vietnam was not invented in China? Your language was based on our script until the French came, your culture is steeped in Confucianism, not to mention noodles and chopsticks which were Chinese inventions.

You're asking me to prove a negative? :lol:
Then do not make absurd claims.

That is dumb. Obviously I can't go back in time to see if the Europeans would have invented it on their own, they just didn't.
Then you do not know that the Europeans could have invented gunpowder on their own. The only way for China to claim exclusive moral and historical rights to gunpowder is if the elements for gunpowder exists only in China. Can you prove that?

And you're one to talk. What in Vietnam was not invented in China? Your language was based on our script until the French came, your culture is steeped in Confucianism, not to mention noodles and chopsticks which were Chinese inventions.
This is nothing but a lame attempt to distract from your inability to think critically.

While I am all for academic acknowledgement and intellectual acknowledgement. Does this approach, of controlling knowledge., giving a country .. not go against the very idea of progress? Sure, it does harm a lot of hardworking people when they see their efforts over years being redone(in a less quality exhaustive manner) overnight.(and I am referring to the Apple clones popping out of China these days). On military applications though, it seems odd to expect that a country should not try to use whatever means necessary to boost its defense considering that it like all other countries holds its survival dear.
Its like someone giving you the ability to take out one glass of water a day .. and telling you that this and no more.. and that the glass of water can disappear whenever they feel like so; and you agree to just on one glass of water a day regardless of the hardship over thirst and dehydration you will have to endure.

my point is not about culture artifacts as well, but Chinese people indeed are special since you said:

"As individuals, the Chinese people is no less or no more than any other races. It depends on the environment, the drive, and a bit of luck to be successful and recognized."

I do not think I need elaborate here any more.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...hes-chief-designer-chinese.html#ixzz2Yqy7T6Mb

This topic has nothing to do with cultural artifacts that are shared between neighbors. The US, Canada, and Mexico are examples of this. Rather, the criticisms are about China copying technological artifacts with barely acknowledgement of their sources.

China

I don't want to say this, but Porsche "Designer" is the most Cushy job in the world, they did not do anything but Still got paid.. A LOT.....

Porsche 911- 2012
2012-Porsche-911-Carrera-991-7.jpg

Porsche 911- 2011
th

Porsche 911- 2010
th

Porsche 911- 2009
th

Porsche 911 - 2008
th

Porsche 911 - 2007
th

Porsche 911 - 2006
th

Porsche 911 - 1985
th

Porsche 911 - Family
4642495276_eaeef72ca7_z.jpg

I mean, can you spot the different ??

why change something if its good? Would you also change the playstation controller? Its more about brands and promotions these days anyways.

why change something if its good? Would you also change the playstation controller? Its more about brands and promotions these days anyways.

It may be of interest to you that I NEVER own a Playstation.......And from what I hear, the Gamer consider Xbox Controller's design (Which is the original Sega Saturn design) served a lot better than the PS controller......

And anyway, if Porsche is not going to change their design because they are good, then why do they need a "Chief Designer" or a whole Design branch to begin with :)

If you know what I meant

Götterdämmerung;4513612 said:
To the ignorant, there has been little to no changes. But Porsche is being sold like hot cakes because Porsche makes minuscule changes that can only be felt when you sit in the car. In fact minuscule change is a more difficult approach than designing a whole new car.

To the Moronic.

Your phase "There has been little to no changes" already justified my argument of "Why you need to hire a designer or have a design branch"

What are they doing or why they are hired in the first place, IF THE CAR HAS BEEN LITTLE OR NO CHANGES?

It does not matter if they sell like a hot cake or urinal cake, the fact that it has no change at all did raise a question why they need to maintain a design division or even have a chief designer, so he/they can tell the company "Their car need no changes" every year and pocket the salary?? if this is the case, then I want to know how can I apply for a designer job for Porsche??

or did Porsche just hated money.

It may be of interest to you that I NEVER own a Playstation.......And from what I hear, the Gamer consider Xbox Controller's design (Which is the original Sega Saturn design) served a lot better than the PS controller......

And anyway, if Porsche is not going to change their design because they are good, then why do they need a "Chief Designer" or a whole Design branch to begin with :)

If you know what I meant

Bro,

calm it down man. Its aight...its aight... :azn:

Götterdämmerung;4514235 said:
Err, nobody talks about muscle cars here in Germany, neither do we care.

Now we all know the corvette owns the 911. :omghaha:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom