What's new

Pope to address the massacre of Christian minorities in 'Secular India'

Communist

Reaction score
Pope to address the killing of Christian minority and destruction of Churches in the "So called Secular India" :tup:

The officially secular India boasts a Christian minority population of 2.5%. "Attacks by suspected Hindu extremists on Christians and their churches in the eastern Indian state of Orissa last year left at least 35 people dead. The violence also spread to other states, including the western coastal state of Karnataka, a state on India's west coast, where at least 150 churches were destroyed".

Pope to reflect on persecution of Christians in India | Persecution Update India
Vatican City, 7 April (AKI) - Pope Benedict XVI will reflect on the plight of Christians in India this Easter when he leads the Way of the Cross ceremony on Friday at the Colosseum in Rome. The Vatican has asked Indian Archbishop Thomas Menamparampil to write the meditations for the ceremony, which depicts Christ's final hours leading up to his crucifixion.

Archbishop Menamparampil's reflections will focus on the question of evil in the world, on pain and on the various forms of suffering which are, he writes, a "symbol of the presence of the cross of Christ in our lives".

Menamparampil "will refer to Christians who suffer persecution in India and in other countries, as well to the violence that destroys ethnic and religious groups, and to conflicts fuelled by economic interests," the Vatican said in a statement.

Attacks by suspected Hindu extremists on Christians and their churches in the eastern Indian state of Orissa last year left at least 35 people dead. The violence also spread to other states, including the western coastal state of Karnataka, a state on India's west coast, where at least 150 churches were destroyed.

India is officially secular but most of its one billion-plus citizens are Hindu. Christians make up about 2.5 percent of the population and Muslims, 13.4 percent.

Pope to reflect on persecution of Christians in India | Persecution Update India

:bounce:

INDIA’S north-eastern state Orissa continues to be in grip of gory anti-Christian riots. Scores of Christians, including some nuns have been burnt alive. Countless churches, houses and shops have been gutted. Even Christian orphanages have not been spared. To justify massacre of hapless Christians, Hindus spread the canard that eminent Hindu leader, Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati, had been killed by Christians on Saturday night. Kandhamal district was the epicentre of the communal riots. Most of the Christians were killed there. In the village Barakhama Hindus attacked Christian dwellings with guns and bombs.

Plight of Christians in Orissa (India) | Persecution Update India
Click on the link to witness brutality:

Thank God eventually someone is taking a look on the faults in india

I cant imagine why you think so. There are NGOs working hard to get the justice for suffered. The media and common people are against them and want to see their *** kicked. I am against them. I am ashamed that they are Indians and I am ashamed that they call themselves Hindu. :tsk:

Hope we bury this monster soon and the future brings peace.

Here are some interesting comments posted on same site. A good read for all of us:

Brothers,

I have seen this kind of websites supporting causes of their religion. Hindus have their own showing their sufferings, Muslims have their own, In fact they are the best in this propaganda mechanism. Al Qaida is also using the manipulation, and exaggeration of the facts. So many Hindu sites showing the breaking of idols in Goa etc.

Let’s take these discussion in a positive direction rather than bashing and hating.

We human are tribal in nature, beyond castes and religions. Muslims attack other countries, Christians did the same, and so as HINDUS. If we condemn the act of cruality in orissa snd india wide so the act of godhra should be condemned and so as the burning of train in godhra and then babri maszid and before tha. British attack on India should be condemned so do the act of brutality of Muslim invaders.

I just pray and hope, we, the ppl with brain and education should take our energy on solution rather than MANIPULATING AND EXAGGRATION OF FACTS.

LETS CONDEMN THESE KIND OF ACTS AS THE ACT OF A FEW OF HOOLIGANS OF A SOCIETY, AND PLZ. PLZ. DON’T SPREAD HATERED AMONG THE PEPLIKE ME. THIS HURTS A LOT.

THANKS A LOT.

A MAN WITH HURT HEART

Here are some interesting comments posted on same site. A good read for all of us:

Brothers,

I have seen this kind of websites supporting causes of their religion. Hindus have their own showing their sufferings, Muslims have their own, In fact they are the best in this propaganda mechanism. Al Qaida is also using the manipulation, and exaggeration of the facts. So many Hindu sites showing the breaking of idols in Goa etc.

Muslims attack other countries, Christians did the same, and so as HINDUS. If we condemn the act of cruality in orissa snd india wide so the act of godhra should be condemned and so as the burning of train in godhra and then babri maszid and before tha. British attack on India should be condemned so do the act of brutality of Muslim invaders.

:angry::angry:
So Muslims are now invaders? They attack other countries?

MOD EDIT: Derogatory

please do not post such comments. I can also copy and paste comments that will show Sikhs actually exaggerate their plight in India to gain political advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Third class hindu troll...

please do not post such comments. I can also copy and paste comments that will show Sikhs actually exaggerate their plight in India to gain political advantage.

First of all just look at India's history you wil find your answer. Nothing agains muslims but fact is a fact and if you think muslims never invaded other countries, not just India, either you are in denial or you are afraid to know the fact.
Hint: Babur, Abdali, Nadar Shah etc.

You call your self Communist but you never seems miss any opprotunity to bash Hindus.

What is wrong with those comments?, I think they were fair. There are sites that are good exaggerate actual plight. I know there are some Sikh sites that do that. It does not offend me on bit, if can show some of those sites. I am not affraid face the facts but on other hand you have problem with hatred toward Hindus.

PS: very clever of you to pick just the muslim part but some how you missed Christian and Hindu part in that article. Kudos!!!

lets give some names which u..already know and love to forgot just remember again with pride which is utterly...Ironically misplaced for what they had done to inhabitants of todays pakistan region living in those days .

But we wont forget savage Muslims invaders like Gaznavi,muhammad ghori,Timur lane,Babur,Nadir shah,Abdali etc...

Brothers,

Let’s take these discussion in a positive direction rather than bashing and hating.

We human are tribal in nature, beyond castes and religions. Muslims attack other countries, Christians did the same, and so as HINDUS. If we condemn the act of cruality in orissa snd india wide so the act of godhra should be condemned and so as the burning of train in godhra and then babri maszid and before tha. British attack on India should be condemned so do the act of brutality of Muslim invaders.

I just pray and hope, we, the ppl with brain and education should take our energy on solution rather than MANIPULATING AND EXAGGRATION OF FACTS.

LETS CONDEMN THESE KIND OF ACTS AS THE ACT OF A FEW OF HOOLIGANS OF A SOCIETY, AND PLZ. PLZ. DON’T SPREAD HATERED AMONG THE PEPLIKE ME. THIS HURTS A LOT.

THANKS A LOT.

A MAN WITH HURT HEART
Why are you posting user comments from other sites? Either post your own comments or published articles whose credibility can be critiqued and weighed.

Please do not use offensive language for our members. You can take exception with the content of the message he posted, but not comment upon him.

Such phrases are considered highly offensive around here. We do not condone, Hinduism bashing of any kind.

Please do not use offensive language for our members. You can take exception with the content of the message he posted, but not comment upon him.

Such phrases are considered highly offensive around here. We do not condone, Hinduism bashing of any kind.

bheins ke aage bin bjane se koi fayda nahin ya yun kahoon 'latoon ki bhoot baton se nahin mante':angry:
:sniper:

I beg if he condemns the death of the Hindu saint "Swami Lakshmanananda" and the way he was killed by the Christian institutions in Orissa which started the violence. I do not justify any kind of violence. But it gives me a feeling that failure of the politicians aiming for Christian votes is the primary problem for this . I would like all those murderers who were the root of this issue should be hanged and our political leadership should be questioned to show their real face of secularism.

There you go.

A true communist. Free from all the mortal bounds of religion and anything which divides a man from a man.

But utter a word against Islam, and he cries like someone has stepped on his tail. Not only that, uses slang based on religion!

Mr. Communist, the fact is - you are not a communist. Infact you were never one. You are just a Hindu hater, trying to use communism as a guard.

REMEMBER

You cannot malign Hindu Dharma with this cheap strategy. But surely, you are insulting Islam and communism.

Man being an admin you have also become victimized..!! Not expected. I did not mean Gabbar. And even Gabbar knows that very well. Because Gabbar is not a Hindu. I meant the anonymous commentator. And that commentator is not a forum member. How can forum rules be applied to me because of some unknown person? He said Muslims are invaders. I said him a third class Hindu troll. Did I use any slang or very offensive against him if you compare my adjective with that of him?

Did I say anything against Hinduism? Are you confusing an individual's Hindu identity with the entire faith?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom