What's new

Poll: What does, Bangladesh think of Pakistan in 2013 ?

2013: What does Bangladesh think of Pakistan ? [Bangladeshis ONLY]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Questions:

1. Can u delete a thread started by another mod??

2. How to Apply for BD citizenship??

3. After becoming a BDian, how to take away ur job of a Mod?? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Questions:

1. Can u delete a thread started by another mod??

Yes.

2. How to Apply for BD citizenship??

No idea. But why the heck would want to become a BD citizen? Go to Australia or Canada or something.

3. After becoming a BDian, how to take away ur job of a Mod?? :D

That's easy.

Change your flags to BD.

Pretend to be a BDian.

Bash India for no particular reason.

Carefully monitor whatever is going on in BD.

Don't take sides on all issues in BD.

Cheer lead for China.

Cheer lead for US.

And be indifferent to Pakistan.

Now, you can become mod :D

Now the question is, are you man enough to do what is necessary? Ready to sacrifice your patriotism for your country to be a mod of BD section? :devil:

I know, I have a sick mind....

Prolly in mental rehab right now. Yes, he did admit it himself.
Lets hope for his speedy recovery then. Once the aryanphobia is gone he will just be fine. By the way, you seem to be in a trolling mode today. What's up? Happy about something today?:)

Lets hope for his speedy recovery then. Once the aryanphobia is gone he will just be fine. By the way, you seem to be in a trolling mode today. What's up? Happy about something today?:)

I is angry....

Me think you know why....

They are Bengalis more closer than Pakistanis to Bangladeshis in culture and language and in some cases religion too.

You don't know what it means to be a Muslim.

I'm quite surprised at the current polling figures. It seems the shadows of 1971 have very much faded away, which isn't nessercarily a bad thing. I was just watching a compelling BBC documentary on the Bangledesh liberation war last night and the views expressed by BDs on that program are at a complete odds to the results of the poll right now.

I guess one cannot rule out the India angle here and as the OP has quite shrewdly tapped the apparent anti-India sentiment on PDF by linking Paksitan being seen favourably and as a futre counter weight to India (as absurd as this dream is) if a member wants to vote against India it hey will have to vote to seeing Pakistan quite favourably. This has skewed the results considerably IMHO.

Adding the "future counterweight to India" part seems to serve no purpose than to unfairly favour BD views on Pakistan. Why include India at all? If a BD member's dislike for India outweighs their dislike for Pakistan they will still have to vote for the option that says Pakistan is seen favourably. This is not at all representative of facts.

Why not just- Pakistan is seen ; favourabley, indifferently, poorly?

There is considerable anti-India sentiment shown by BD memebrs here on PDF nad India is seen as the root of all BD's problems so OF COURSE the "Paksitan is sen favourable, as a futre ally and counterweight to India" option was going to get considerable votes.

Very disengious @Aeronaut I'm surprised by you.

Nice talk :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Pakistan viewed as an enemy state, deeply hated & no future cooperation expected: 23.68%

2) Pakistan viewed as a friendly state, a future ally & counterweight to India: 47.37%

3) Pakistan viewed negatively but with further improvement prospects: 23.68%

4) Pakistan viewed as irrelevant to Bangladeshi geo-strategic vision: 5.26%

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...h-think-pakistan-2013-a-12.html#ixzz2SpFugAhZ

On #1 opinion: In my opinion, Pakistan can be regarded at worst an unreliable state with an unknown future because of the perception of its people as sympathetic to Taliban cause.

On #2 opinion: Before answering positive to this opinion a man should ask fimself the definition of friendly country, and also then ask himself if Pakistan is at present in a friendly term with Bangladesh?

Pn #3 opinion: I have voted for #3 view. Because of historical mistrust about Pakistan I think Pakistan is at present seen negatively by many of us. Taliban connection may also be another reason. In the name of saving Islam, from whom I do not know, they are destroying the Muslim society and its image outside.

Pakistanis are not the savior of Islam or Muslims, they themselves are destroying it by accepting too rigid a view of a religion that is very simple, but is being made difficult by the Pakistanis and their like minded other orthodox Muslims throughout the world.

However, I think, a change might come in that country sometime in the unforeseeable future, which will make it possible for BD to establish a good working relationship with Pakistan with whom we share about 800 years of common Muslim history and cultural heritage of the Sub-continent.

On #4 opinion: If it is geo-strategic matter and if India is there to be countered, then Pakistan is our most important partner in the long run. So, Pakistan is certainly not irrelevant for our military strategy.

I think, if Bangalis from India are given voting right, #4 opinion will be invariably supported by them. Result will tilt towards #4 opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom