What's new

Police arrested 4 Muslim men for Blasphemy in Pakistan

Human decency mate...
If a man died, and there are no immediate churches
Announcing funeral proccesion on loud speaker should not be an issue in any decent, civillized society

Coercing someone into doing anything against his will which he isnt legally bound to do and then cursing him at his "own" place also doesn't qualify as basic human decency .

Let me ask you a thing.

You know im Greek and we are christian. Lets say my family would be in pakistan for whatever reason and one of my loved ones dies. You tell me nobody would treat us with respect and compassion? Thats outright cruel. If thats your religion, im glad its far away

If you have money you'd be given a king's reception and that's true for every human being living in either greece or Pakistan . Now if you want to force something upon me under the guise of vague concepts of modernity which goes against my primary belief and way of life then no we can keep running in circles its that simple .

rest assured the patients here don't ask for an Asian looking doctor or the doctors or nurses don't look at any patients i.d card to first assess their religion and then start the treatment. Bring money and the doctor is available in a moment if not then wait for your alloted number btw first aid is free by the para medics.

Pakistani police arrest four for ‘blasphemy’ over mosque argument
Four Muslim men accused of blasphemy after arguing with religious cleric who refused to make funeral announcement for a Christian.

AP21109250381015.jpg

Blasphemy is a sensitive subject in Pakistan, where strict blasphemy laws prescribe a mandatory death penalty for certain forms of the crime [File: Fareed Khan/AP]

Pakistani police have arrested four men charged with blasphemy after they argued with an ‘imam’ (religious cleric) over whether a funeral announcement for a Christian neighbour could be made from a mosque, officials say.

The case occurred in the village of Khodi Khushal Singh, near the eastern city of Lahore, on November 18, a local police official Faryad, who goes by one name, told Al Jazeera on Thursday.

“The men have been detained and we have presented them before the court,” he said.

The men, who were Muslim, argued with a local cleric after he refused to make a funeral announcement for a Christian man from his mosque, the initial police report says.

“As soon as they arrived [at the mosque], they started cursing the mosque’s imam, they disrespected the mosque and they insulted Islam,” reads the report.

Blasphemy is a sensitive subject in Pakistan, where strict blasphemy laws prescribe a mandatory death penalty for certain forms of the crime.

The four men were charged under sections 295 and 298 of Pakistan’s penal code, which carry penalties of up to two years in prison.

Pakistan has never executed a convict under the blasphemy laws, but accusations of the offence have increasingly led to murder by mobs or individuals. Since 1990, at least 79 people have been killed in such violence, according to an Al Jazeera tally.

Pakistani human rights activists have decried the case against the four men as being unfounded.

“If there was a Muslim who in good faith wants to have an announcement such as this made in the community, it’s not an attack on someone’s faith, it’s a good cause,” said human rights activist and lawyer Nadeem Anthony.

“So if someone announces [a funeral] on a loudspeaker, how is it a religious violation?”

In europ & in any western country if any cristen & any religus men hit or humelyat Muslim there is no issue but this is become a new threat 4 muslim men arrested in Pakistan...

You say you need to be forced to show compassion to others? What sick religion must that be...

The pagan mystery religions wrapped in modernity and shoved down the throats of believers.

@The Eagle ive gut feeling this fellow isn't Greek . Look at his insecure post history always targeting muslims on petty issues but when confronted with true morals and facts hides behind his provocative melodrama.

I am sure with this mentality these people would lynch all those peoplein early Islamic dayd before they could become Muslims.

Truth !

A mosque is not a place to make announcements and imam od the mosque is the leaser of the mosque and has every right to disagree. These ppl had no right ro go and abuse the imam and disrespect the mosque.

1. Is that imam the owner of the mosque ?

2. Is the mosque a "house of God" in the manner of a Hindu temple ?

Get over it. I know most PDF'ers have a hard on against religious Pakistanis but stupid questions like this take it to another whole level.

These "religious" Pakistanis you refer to are not actually religious in the true Islamic philosophical sense. They are misinformed and misguided people.

I disagree.

Rigidity like this is alien to both religion and our culture

You say it is alien yet you excuse away what Mumtaz Qadri did.

Please don't post from a website supervised by a self-titled misguided "Shaikh". I just put in the word Burqa and I quote a section from one result page :
The difference between hijaab and niqaab is that the hijaab is that which covers all the body, whilst niqaab is that which covers a woman’s face only.

The woman’s dress as prescribed in sharee’ah (“Islamic dress”) is that which covers her head, face and all of her body.

But the niqaab or burqa’ – which shows the eyes of the woman – has become widespread among women, and some of them do not wear it properly.Some scholars have forbidden wearing it on the grounds that it is not Islamic in origin, and because it is used improperly and people treat it as something insignificant, demonstrating negligent attitudes towards it and using new forms of niqaab which are not prescribed in Islam, widening the opening for the eyes so that the cheeks, nose and part of the forehead are also visible.

Therefore, if the woman’s niqaab or burqa’ does not show anything but the eyes, and the opening is only as big as the left eye, as was narrated from some of the salaf, then that is permissible, otherwise she should wear something which covers her face entirely.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The hijaab prescribed in sharee’ah means that a woman should cover everything that it is haraam for her to show, i.e., she should cover that which it is obligatory for her to cover, first and foremost of which is the face, because it is the focus of temptation and desire.

A woman is obliged to cover her face in front of anyone who is not her mahram (blood relative to whom marriage is forbidden). From this we learn that the face is the most essential thing to be covered. There is evidence from the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the views of the Sahaabah and the imams and scholars of Islam, which indicates that women are obliged to cover all of their bodies in front of those who are not their mahrams.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/ 391, 392)

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

The correct view as indicated by the evidence is that the woman’s face is ‘awrah which must be covered. It is the most tempting part of her body, because what people look at most is the face, so the face is the greatest ‘awrah of a woman. This is in addition to the shar’i evidence which states that it is obligatory to cover the face.

For example, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)…”

[al-Noor 24:31]

Drawing the veil all over the juyoob implies covering the face.

When Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked about the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59] –

he covered his face, leaving only one eye showing. This indicates that what was meant by the aayah was covering the face. This was the interpretation of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) of this aayah, as narrated from him by ‘Ubaydah al-Salmaani when he asked him about it.

In the Sunnah there are many ahaadeeth, such as: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The woman in ihraam is forbidden to veil her face (wear niqaab) or to wear the burqa’.” This indicates that when women were not in ihraam, women used to cover their faces.

This does not mean that if a woman takes off her niqaab or burqa’ in the state of ihraam that she should leave her face uncovered in the presence of non-mahram men. Rather she is obliged to cover it with something other than the niqaab or burqa’, on the evidence of the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) who said: “We were with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in ihraam, and when men passed by us, we would lower the khimaar on our heads over our faces, and when they moved on we would lift it again.”

Women in ihraam and otherwise are obliged to cover their faces in front of non-mahram men, because the face is the center of beauty and it is the place that men look at… and Allaah knows best.

Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 1/396, 397

He also said:

It is OK to cover the face with the niqaab or burqa’ which has two openings for the eyes only, because this was known at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and because of necessity. If nothing but the eyes show, this is fine, especially if this is customarily worn by women in her society.
This idiot is splitting hairs on even how much the female eye can be shown. :rofl:

And he expound on the cause of the 2004 tsunami :
Controversial statements
  • On the cause of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami: "The problem is that the [Christian] holidays are accompanied by forbidden things, by immorality, abomination, adultery, alcohol, drunken dancing, and … and revelry. A belly dancer costs 2500 pounds per minute and a singer costs 50,000 pounds per hour, and they hop from one hotel to another from night to dawn. Then he spends the entire night defying Allah. "Haven't they learned the lesson from what Allah wreaked upon the coast of Asia, during the celebration of these forbidden? At the height of immorality, Allah took vengeance on these criminals. "Those celebrating spent what they call 'New Year's Eve' in vacation resorts, pubs, and hotels. Allah struck them with an earthquake. He finished off the Richter scale. All nine levels gone. Tens of thousands dead. "It was said that they were tourists on New Year's vacation who went to the crowded coral islands for the holiday period, and then they were struck by this earthquake, caused by the Almighty Lord of the worlds. He showed them His wrath and His strength. He showed them His vengeance. Is there anyone learning the lesson? Is it impossible that we will be struck like them? Why do we go their way? Why do we want to be like them, with their holidays, their forbidden things, and their heresy?"
So if according to this fool it is immorality which brings tsunami and earthquake why was this Indonesian mosque destroyed by earthquake ?
5b6817eebda1c72b008b4570

It reminds me of a certain "respected" but misguided Pakistani "Islamic scholar" who said a similar thing about COVID last year. This is an article by a Pakistani woman about that "respected" maulana's statement. What next from the maulana ? Solar flares because a woman in Kabul didn't properly wear the shuttlecock burqa along with gloves ? :lol:

But coming back to your "shaikh", going by his irrational ideas and given his birth in Syria but being brought up in Saudia he would certainly be among those idiots who are agents of the Crusader Western governments and their "Muslim" lackeys who are in war against the legitimate Syrian government of Bashar al Assad. Read this article.

So please stop visiting this misinformed, misguided and misinterpreting website islamqa.info.

Phones and apps like WhatsApp exist for a reason....they can send mass text through it to the relevant people to inform them of the death.

It is therefore logical that all Muslims use the modern method of the cell phone app Muslim Pro and get informed of azaan timing and other things instead of mosque loudspeakers. I believe this is already done by Muslims in USA and Europe. In India the Muslims adopting this app will help counter the Hindutvadi narrative.

That's because those Churches are paid for that space.......it's not a donation. :lol:

I know cuz my local mosque started off like that.....and now the Church is gone and it's been converted to a Mosque....we call it a Islamic Center officially but everyone local calls it a Masjid.

And that's also because not many people go to Churches these days...at least in the US. So Churches allow Muslims to come in and setup shop so that they can still generate revenue ($$$).

Overtime, when the local Muslim community gives enough donations, the Church is bought. :smokin:

It is sad that in the recent 20 years so many Muslims think of Islam only in ritualist terms.

Your religion tells you to fight for oppressed Muslims....yet you can't do shit to India....having fought 3 wars and multiple half attempts at taking Kashmir...

Then you should be speaking for the Pakistani military to go support the Syrian forces and their allies and the Libyan Green forces in fighting against the tens of thousands of international criminals bred, armed, financed and politically supported by the Crusader Western military formation called NATO and its "Muslim" ally governments.

wow
destructive creativity of these people. creating an event out of nonissue. RSS mentality is evident here.
from a place of worship and public service the mosques have become a possession of pressure groups.

loud speakers were used to announce missing people warning of floor and storms in addition to call for prayers and funeral announcements.
but now the people have become so radicalized that lynching and blasphemy fatwa is only a breath away for them.
I am sure with this mentality these people would lynch all those peoplein early Islamic dayd before they could become Muslims.

1638100196849.png

Yea, I would definitely lynch them. :laugh:

Either way, they happily provided enough evidence for a case to be built against them......could have exited the Masjid upon being denied the request but they had to act like emotionally charged little kids. :D

And the screenshot is from OP's article....it clearly shows that:

1) You didn't even read the whole article cuz it shows...

2) It's just not about the denial of service by the Mosque
These "religious" Pakistanis you refer to are not actually religious in the true Islamic philosophical sense. They are misinformed and misguided people.

Some yes, not all.

Just like not all liberals/secularists are "misguided". Most are though. :D
It is therefore logical that all Muslims use the modern method of the cell phone app Muslim Pro and get informed of azaan timing and other things instead of mosque loudspeakers. I believe this is already done by Muslims in USA and Europe. In India the Muslims adopting this app will help counter the Hindutvadi narrative.

Giving Azan and announcing the death of a person are 2 different matters...

Make sure to learn the difference before you quote me again...

Your arguments as silly as the questions asked by 15 year olds.

Any proper Muslim would know why the Azan is given through a loudspeaker or in a loud voice verbally.

It is sad that in the recent 20 years so many Muslims think of Islam only in ritualist terms.

Rituals are there for a reason. If Rituals didn't matter then Allah wouldn't have asked Muslims to pray at all, rather than pray 5 times a day.

As for thinking of Islam only in "ritualist terms" then you need to avoid the company of such "Muslims". :D

Meet many like the ones you mentioned....and also met many who went above and beyond the Call of Islam. Guess who I spend my time more with and who I try to avoid as much as possible? :coffee:

Rituals are there for a reason. If Rituals didn't matter then Allah wouldn't have asked Muslims to pray at all, rather than pray 5 times a day.

Now a friend gifted me the Quran's English translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali but which I have read only about nine or ten pages. But about your underlined words there is the below from this webpage :
Which three prayers are mentioned with name in Quran?

The three mentioned prayers with name in the Quran are:

Fajr (Dawn Prayer) is highlighted in verse 58 of 24th Surah “An-Nur” in the Quran.

Asr(The Middle Prayer) is highlighted in verse 238 of 2nd Surah “Al-Baqarah” in the Quran

Isha (Night Prayer) is highlighted in verse 58 of 24th Surah “An-Nur” in the Quran.
So ?

As for thinking of Islam only in "ritualist terms" then you need to avoid the company of such "Muslims". :D

Sure, I as a sensible and rational Muslim abhor and avoid the Tablighi Jamaat.

Meet many like the ones you mentioned....and also met many who went above and beyond the Call of Islam.

Like who ?

Guess who I spend my time more with and who I try to avoid as much as possible? :coffee:

Who and who ?

View attachment 797277

Yea, I would definitely lynch them. :laugh:

Either way, they happily provided enough evidence for a case to be built against them......could have exited the Masjid upon being denied the request but they had to act like emotionally charged little kids. :D

And the screenshot is from OP's article....it clearly shows that:

1) You didn't even read the whole article cuz it shows...

2) It's just not about the denial of service by the Mosque

Some yes, not all.

Just like not all liberals/secularists are "misguided". Most are though. :D

Giving Azan and announcing the death of a person are 2 different matters...

Make sure to learn the difference before you quote me again...

Your arguments as silly as the questions asked by 15 year olds.

Any proper Muslim would know why the Azan is given through a loudspeaker or in a loud voice verbally.

Believe me, I at age 15 was more mature than many voting age 80-year-olds. But if you insist that I wasn't then explain the underlined line logically. Also, what of those Muslims in North America and Europe who are happily using that cell phone app for azaan and other things ?

This case just epitomises Pakistan and its flawed relationship with religion.

A man dies, an announcement of his death is made tabboo. Something as common as a WhatsApp forward is tabboo if announced from the Mosque loudspeaker.

Then we have the mullah who's made a fake case of blasphemy against 4 Muslims.

Then we have the police who will milk it for money.

Ask yourselves do you know a single Muslim who would blaspheme against Islam, let alone 4?

This case just epitomises Pakistan and its flawed relationship with religion.

A man dies, an announcement of his death is made tabboo. Something as common as a WhatsApp forward is tabboo if announced from the Mosque loudspeaker.

Then we have the mullah who's made a fake case of blasphemy against 4 Muslims.

Then we have the police who will milk it for money.

Ask yourselves do you know a single Muslim who would blaspheme against Islam, let alone 4?

Would 4 Muslim men would do something like this against the Imam and the mosque over an announcement on a dead Christian neighbor?

Back
Top Bottom