What's new

Featured PNS Tabuk has been commissioned in Pakistan Navy

Not to be off-topic...but i would suggest powers at be to name the warships with beautiful & formidable mountain ranges of Pakistan.

Like PNS Karakuram, PNS Kirthar etc..we have more then 9 mountain ranges in Pakistan proper...enough for principle surface combatants in Pakistan Navy or atleast the new Type 54AP and turkish corvette can be named as such.
It would be really cool if they named atleast one ship after the Hangu kid who sacrificed his life to stop suicide bomber from blowing up his school.
PNS AITZAZ HASSAN

Last edited:
okay, you don't name a gazwa for a boat. first its a boat, second name it after our people. third, name it after somebody that holds any importance. now someone who has not read Islamic history doesnt even know what tabuk is. which is 95 percent of pakistan.

Kindly suggest some names from our own history, for our knowledge.

Any idea about offensive armament?
Let's speculate...
My take: Either Harpoons from Tariq class will move to Yarmook class. (Possibly CIWS too). Or may be C802 from Azmat class will move to these vessels and those both Azmat will be updated with Harbah ASM. These vessels, as far as my understanding goes, won't be equipped with next generation anti ship missile systems.

These corvettes are not primary front line combat vessels, so their fire power will be kept as per say; 4X AShM just in case, suppressive fire support at tactical level and point air defense. Instead, more focus will be towards peacetime operations and asymmetric combat.

PN is acquiring 8 such ships. it would be such a waste of resources for country like Pakistan to use them for limited operations. These will more likely be equipped with latest home grown weapons and will have decent firepower.

As PN is working on different missile capabilities theses larger ships will be more suitable than smaller AZMAT class to carry larger and more capable system.

Insha Allah when we buy next destroyers from China. I'll be sure to write this suggestion to Naval HQ ISL and Naval war college Lahore :cheers:.
Then do it. We need heavy Frigates and Destroyers which have VLS to carry and fire long range cruise missiles. We should have at least 1800 KM version Babur which can be fired from VLS of heavy Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines. And we should have those Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines which have those VLS which can carry and fire that cruise missile.

Then do it. We need heavy Frigates and Destroyers which have VLS to carry and fire long range cruise missiles. We should have at least 1800 KM version Babur which can be fired from VLS of heavy Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines. And we should have those Frigates and Destroyers and Submarines which have those VLS which can carry and fire that cruise missile.

Next 5 to 10 would definitely make us move towards heavier firepower. It might become a need at that point.

Next 5 to 10 would definitely make us move towards heavier firepower. It might become a need at that point.
I am serious. Please if you can write the letter. If you want to put my name on it also please do it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom