What's new

PN mini-submarine fleet

Here's the scan from MSI. Thanks to @cabatli_53 for translating, but basically, the Pak Navy and STM studied the idea of upgrading or refurbishing the Cosmo MG110s, but it was unfeasible. So now they're in talks to design a next-gen mini-SSK from the ground-up. It'll be a major program between STM and the Pak Navy if finalized.

@Horus Lol how in the Earth, Heaven and Hell did our journos miss this?!

Attachments

• STM-Pakistan-Navy.PNG
    STM-Pakistan-Navy.PNG
    673.5 KB · Views: 228
Here's the scan from MSI. Thanks to @cabatli_53 for translating, but basically, the Pak Navy and STM studied the idea of upgrading or refurbishing the Cosmo MG110s, but it was unfeasible. So now they're in talks to design a next-gen mini-SSK from the ground-up. It'll be a major program between STM and the Pak Navy if finalized.

@Horus Lol how in the Earth, Heaven and Hell did our journos miss this?!
probably because they dont speak turkish, like me. i honestly doubt pakistan is more bothered about getting frigates than mini sub tbh since they need them more than mini subs.

besides go for an option that already exists, you should know
http://quwa.org/2016/11/04/indonesias-pt-palindo-marine-showcases-mini-submarine-design/

probably because they dont speak turkish, like me. i honestly doubt pakistan is more bothered about getting frigates than mini sub tbh since they need them more than mini subs.

besides go for an option that already exists, you should know
http://quwa.org/2016/11/04/indonesias-pt-palindo-marine-showcases-mini-submarine-design/
Well, the journalists just needed to go to the STM booth and ask a few questions. Anyways, the PT submarine is interesting and I think STM (and MTC) will come up with a very similar solution. However, if the Pak Navy intends to arm its mini-SSKs with torpedo tubes, then it'll need a different design (than PT Palindo's).

STM is working together with YTÜ .edu. YTÜ got already a COSMOS CE4F and all blueprints from Turkish Navy.

Some sources claim that it could be a design like German type 200

c_ce460.jpg

STM is working together with YTÜ .edu. YTÜ got already a COSMOS CE4F and all blueprints from Turkish Navy.

Some sources claim that it could be a design like German type 200

c_ce460.jpg

It was reported in Jane's Underwater Warfare Systems 2009-2010 ISBN 978-0710629029 that Turkey evaluated two midget submarine designs (Type 200 and Type 300 ) from the German firm ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS). However, since it is now 2017 and nothing has been forthcoming while Turkey has built and operates full size TKMS designs, IMHO this indicates that Turkey may have considered these, but has not acted on these beyond the design evaluations. Of course, this does not rule out the development of a similar design (but does that have to take 7-8 years?)

c_ce460.jpg

It was reported in Jane's Underwater Warfare Systems 2009-2010 ISBN 978-0710629029 that Turkey evaluated two midget submarine designs (Type 200 and Type 300 ) from the German firm ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS). However, since it is now 2017 and nothing has been forthcoming while Turkey has built and operates full size TKMS designs, IMHO this indicates that Turkey may have considered these, but has not acted on these beyond the design evaluations. Of course, this does not rule out the development of a similar design (but does that have to take 7-8 years?)

c_ce460.jpg

Thanks brother any conformation that PN will get these ?

The COSMO's had balance and so called dolphing diving problems, they couldn't be upgraded to the level Turkish SAT wanted. YTÜ .edu promised to work on this. That's the reason why TN granted one COSMO and all blueprints to YTÜ. They are working together with STM and it could be the first indigenious Turkish sub.

Mini submarine is under 200 ton weight. If it is 800ton, it is a small submarine, but still q submarine. It can work well but with smaller payload and range. AIP may be difficult to accommodate in the small space. Small oxygen tank for using while underground for 1-2 days is possible.

Few capable mini subs are inevitable for Pak which my have capability to fire torpedo as well as can be effectively used to insert PN marines/frogmen in enemy territory for sabotage of naval assets.
It's better to go for further research work jv with China or Turkey for developing such mini subs ingenuously.

Very informative and interesting thread. PN continues its search for a Small Sub

Back
Top Bottom