What's new

Featured PM Imran Khan's Interview to HBO's Jonathan Swan

My opinion I think he’ll win. If he sticks with his “No”, that will be one of his strong selling points against PPP and Noora League.

What he needs to strongly focus on is controlling cost of goods for the average individual. And show some results from his corruption crack down. Lastly he needs to dress down the judiciary for good, something Mushraff failed to do and let the rapid dogs loose.

Let's not try to prejudge the results. The next round of elections will be upon us relatively soon, and then PMIK's record in office can be judged by due process, whatever the results might be.

he LITERALLY said " If a woman is wearing very few clothes, it will have an impact on the men, unless they are robots. It’s just common sense "

Cut the bullshit, man is a lunatic. SMQ is an idiot too, all they do is bring shame to the country. They should be banned from TV.

Dress code is a professional mandate , at work , and at public places

• Dress code is enforced in workplace in USA , Europe
  • Dress code is enforced at Travelling when possible
  • Dress code is applicable at schools in Western World till University
  • Dress code is applicable when you go shopping you can be kicked out for wearing obscene getup
  • Churches and other places of worship also enforce a Dress code in Western World
  • Hospitals also have dress code

The correct answer is very simple , both male and women should dress professionally and ensure they remain dressed modestly

Prime Minister's words about women dressing Modestly is inline with international norms and he should also add Men should also dress in a professional modest manner, I believe he has many time elaborated this that men also need to have a respectful attitude , his words should not be twisted

A Vulgar dress code creates a none professional outlook for any workplace similarly in society such things do matter
Even in Western society if someone is dress differently for occasion (Unless they are at a beach or vacation on resort) they get called out for it

I don't see an issue with his statement , his words taken out of context

"If a women is travelling across a secluded area , last thing she wants is being dressed up in a bikini" , it is common sense stuff these things normally every one knows unless they are "STUPID" but this is a story because Imran Khan stated it , it's context can be twisted and that is what has happened

In western society women when they are going thru secluded area like parking lot or lift they are always fully covered and carrying a emergency cell phone which is on to avoid problems , they are not in a bikini struting their assets

Modesty is practiced world wide if Imran Khan stated it , it is common sense

Last edited:
Impressive in some parts and cringeworthy in others (on women & China) It’s unbelievable how Pakistan hasn’t crafted a coherent response to the Uighur issue despite being persistently questioned at international levels.

What’s also quite shocking is his previous pro-terrorism views, the notion that Osama was a martyr. Few days ago, his foreign minister was asked the same question. Claimed that Imran khan was taken out of context but when asked if Osama was a terrorist, said “no comment.” Really? The government of Pakistan can’t call mass murderer who has the blood of thousands, including Pakistanis, a terrorists?

I am sure they think they are making some great philosophical arguments, but to the rest of the world, Imran Khan and his ministers come off as jerks with no common decency.

Glorifying terrorism and terrorists when you are pleading the world to get you off the FATF black list is counterintuitive but Pakistan isn’t a country that is known to run on logic.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
osama is a terrorist and yankees who have killed countless people are good guys. problem solved.
he LITERALLY said " If a woman is wearing very few clothes, it will have an impact on the men, unless they are robots. It’s just common sense "

Cut the bullshit, man is a lunatic. SMQ is an idiot too, all they do is bring shame to the country. They should be banned from TV.
so wearing more revealing clothes can solve the issue?

so wearing more revealing clothes can solve the issue?

The real question for Pakistani society would be: does wearing less revealing clothes resolve the issue for that particular society?

#2. I don’t have a degrees in Presidential etiquettes, perception management and behavioral psychology, but whoever is in-charge of PMIK, needs to get fired ( I doubt they even have one). Idiots journalists was asking questions like a friendly interrogator, who wants to get information out of suspect. I would have ask for a quick break and had some talking to the journalist.
The crucial factor is being able to handle these guys. If you can't then it's best not to even come close to them. Like Dar made himself a fool on BBC Hardtalk. On the other hand if you have a fighting PM who can face brutal questions and bounce them off the best thing is to let them have a 'match'. PM IK did well.

6 inch solid plastic/metal pen and binded edge folder in such a close proximity of head of state
Don't worry. Have you seen the size pg IM IK? If it came down to it those hands of his that used to bat sixes would make sixes of Mr Swan.
The real question for Pakistani society would be: does wearing less revealing clothes resolve the issue for that particular society?
No. But you know I am secularist but problem is after 70 years since Objective Resolution was unleashed religious orthodoxy is too entrenched and given the political climate it is best left undisturbed - for now.

No. But you know I am secularist but problem is after 70 years since Objective Resolution was unleashed religious orthodoxy is too entrenched and given the political climate it is best left undisturbed - for now.

Agreed. There are bigger and more pressing problems to solve before society gets to this issue.

Agreed. There are bigger and more pressing problems to solve before society gets to this issue.
I would love for a Ataturk type revolution and turning Islamabad into Istanbul with Imran Khan dressed in Savile Row suits that Sultan Erdogan wears while toasting the Muslim hater Victor Orban.

But alas. The only hope and I think despite our differances [I am hyper secular nationalist] we converge on the 'secular' is slow socio-economic transformation. This requires literacy and economic improvement. If the country can move along on this continuum we can harbour the hope that in one or two generations social evolution will begin to loosen the hold of religious orthodoxy and natural change will come about.

The issue is rising crimes of sexual nature. If the problem is not in the decency then it must be in the copious amount of adult material available in a very very conservative society via the internet. the change in social class where you could get married at a relatively young age. but now one has to be financially at a certain peerage to be married. Then there is another social construct of womanist(feminists) encouraging women to be single and not be tied down in marriage.

But I have seen the amount of adult material that is consumed by people in Pakistan which was alien to people in Pakistan not that long ago. A society like Pakistan where its mostly conservative not so liberal like the west where conservative values don't exist anymore.

well there will be problems.

The issue is rising crimes of sexual nature. If the problem is not in the decency then it must be in the copious amount of adult material available in a very very conservative society via the internet. the change in social class where you could get married at a relatively young age. but now one has to be financially at a certain peerage to be married. Then there is another social construct of womanist(feminists) encouraging women to be single and not be tied down in marriage.

But I have seen the amount of adult material that is consumed by people in Pakistan which was alien to people in Pakistan not that long ago. A society like Pakistan where its mostly conservative not so liberal like the west where conservative values don't exist anymore.

well there will be problems.

Good points, but surely it is up to each society itself to decide how they deal with their issues such as these. I am sure Pakistani society is totally aware of its own responsibilities and will surely do the right thing.

Wearing seat belts won't protect you from accidents but in case it happens it will save you. Similarly, wearing modest clothes won't mean that you don't come across a sadist, but chances are he won't stalk you.

However, it doesn't mean that someone should assault you because of your choices. For instance, if you leave your car keys in car, and go to shopping, it doesn't mean you want it stolen. Anyone does it, commits a crime. He cannot excuse that the key was inside, so it was so tempting to steal. He must have self-restraint.
But creating a 'magnetic pull' and force people to self-restraint is bias. No matter how enlightened and educated we become, we still have animal instinct, which can overcome our rationality.
@VCheng @Akh1112 @313ghazi @HRK @Patriot forever

Anyway, veil is cultural issue too. Even Christians women use veil with dupatta, similarly Hindus women do.
Positive News being Berried Western Media
  • Has anyone talked about the Health Care plan Pakistan initiated under Imran Khan ? Nope
  • Has anyone talked about Panah Gah , under Imran Khan ? Nope
  • Has anyone talked about fight against corruption ? Nope
  • Has anyone talked about the 10 Billion Tree Project under Imran Khan ? They did not people are trying to make it controversial
  • Has annoyed stated why Pakistan is successful against fight against Covid-19? Nope
  • Any news channel covered Pakistan's positive role to promote dialog in region ? Nope
These questions must be made compulsory for any interviewer. They must put our narrative too.

Last edited:
Why are you taking it out of context? He said you have to consider the society someone is in. At no point did he say that is justification for rape.
It is a common justification for it and he is perpetuating it, he is not helping at all. If he actually cares then why doesn't he address the issue than playing to the fundamentalists with these idiot lines? I am not deaf and neither are other members here, if he is right then tell me how come little boys are being raped, just recently mufti aziz raped a man, was he dressing to vulgarly for our 'society'? Why do people salivate over his useless and abhorrent interviews at the end of the day Pakistan comes worse off internationally standing since this is what the interview is for, mostly international audiences.

But creating a 'magnetic pull' and force people to self-restraint is bias. No matter how enlightened and educated we become, we still have animal instinct, which can overcome our rationality.
@VCheng @Akh1112 @313ghazi @HRK @Patriot forever

As I have said before, it is up to each society to deal with such issues according to its own views and norms.

Back
Top Bottom