What's new

Please build more expressways in China

AndrewJin

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I am now stuck on G3 national expressway, in a coach from Buddhist Jiuhua Mountain to the provincial capital of Anhui Province in Central China. Hungry, thirsty, tired after climbing mountains for two days, I may have to spend several hours here, fifty kilometers from my destination.

Building infrastructure is not merely for today's need. And now this 2000-km main artery(Beijing to Fuzhou) cannot even handle today's Friday travel rush, how to cope with ten years later?
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429262620.506268.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429262669.762270.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429262689.591516.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429262855.606118.jpg

I am now stuck on G3 national expressway, in a coach from Buddhist Jiuhua Mountain to the provincial capital of Anhui Province in Central China. Hungry, thirsty, tired after climbing mountains for two days, I may have to spend several hours here, fifty kilometers from my destination.

Building infrastructure is not merely for today's need. And now this 2000-km main artery(Beijing to Fuzhou) cannot even handle today's Friday travel rush, how to cope with ten years later?
View attachment 215526

View attachment 215527

View attachment 215528

View attachment 215530
Lol, for a train guy, why bus?

They are already building, check this 2012 data

upload_2015-4-8_0-16-33-png.212816

upload_2015-4-8_0-17-43-png.212818

And by now 111,950km ...

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-04-08-11-15-45-png.212952

Wow Malaysia has over 1800 km of expressways in 2012, even more than countries with much bigger land areas like Australia and India, that's awesome!

How's the traffic jam there?

Last edited:
Wow Malaysia has over 1800 km of expressways in 2012, even more than countries with much bigger land areas like Australia and India, that's awesome!

Very smooth. Unless festive season and terrible accident/landslide. Malaysia made the correct choice of investing infrastructure when it was cheap.

That's why I will transfer in the capital city to HSR on Sunday and spend two nights in Hefei for fun. There is no railway from Jiuhua Mountains. The intercity HSR from Chizhou where the Buddhist mountain is located to Hefei is being built.
Actually there is a daily coach from Jiuhua Mountain to Wuhan. But 480 km/6 hours by bus is a torture for me even it's all smooth expressway. I have taken HSR from Shanghai to Wuhan at least fifty times and this train stops in Hefei which I am really curious about. I have just ordered my ticket with APP and it's really hard to choose from fifty trains( hard-to-select syndrome?).
Intercity to Hefei
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429266727.994461.jpg

Very smooth. Unless festive season and terrible accident/landslide. Malaysia made the correct choice of investing infrastructure when it was cheap.
Policy makers have made the right point. And now I am really concerned about our next infrastructure projects, everything is expensive especially compensation for citizens who lose houses or land. That's how a lot of Chinese become rich.

Anyway, now the bus is running. But some passengers miss their trains back to Nanjing/Shanghai. I have just helped some passengers change their tickets with APP but they don't have a seat.

My coach has just veered off the expressway and near Hefei South Railway Station. But my destination is the last stop in the north of downtown Hefei. Terrible terrible traffic jam and I am still extremely hungry after one Zongzi.
Toll station under HSR bridge.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429267652.700512.jpg

Traffic jam in suburban Hefei
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1429267627.089336.jpg

One young lady is crying cause the last HSR train to Beijing was 18:30 and the bus should have arrived before 18:00. HSR won't wait for anyone.

The truth is too many private cars on China roads.
It's not just about cars but trunks. Beijing-HK expressway(G4) is one of the most dangerous expressways in China. One of the reasons is too many trunks day and night. And also most cities lack rapid roads connecting downtown to suburban districts and metro construction can never meet our need.

Density of India is amazing, I am petrified
@Bussard Ramjet We have a lot of expressways, highways and city rapid roads(far from enough) but are still suffering from traffic jams and lack of rapid transportation. Once built, once full. What's your coping mechanism? I am really curious about how Indians travel from one place to another except for Indian railway.

Policy makers have made the right point. And now I am really concerned about our next infrastructure projects, everything is expensive especially compensation for citizens who lose houses or land. That's how a lot of Chinese become rich.

Anyway, now the bus is running. But some passengers miss their trains back to Nanjing/Shanghai. I have just helped some passengers change their tickets with APP but they don't have a seat.

One almost misses the ole good ghost cities, roads and bridges, right? LOL.

Billions of tons of asphalt and cement needed until China achieves enough infrastructure power true to its size and potential.

They are already building, check this 2012 data

upload_2015-4-8_0-16-33-png.212816

upload_2015-4-8_0-17-43-png.212818

And by now 111,950km ...

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-04-08-11-15-45-png.212952

WTH?? Iran, cyprus and even Pakistan has more expressways than India??:o: no wayyyyyyyyyyy

Back
Top Bottom