What's new

Playstation Network Offline?

Prometheus

Reaction score
Country
India
anyone have any info when PlayStation is coming back online

"Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure," Seybold wrote. "Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security."

Sony's PlayStation Network, which has over 70 million users worldwide, and allows peopel to download content and play video games over the Web from their consoles, went down last week. As of this writing, when users try to log in to their PlayStation Network accounts, an error message appears, saying the service is "currently undergoing maintenance."

When the outage first occurred, some reports suggested that the hacker group Anonymous was behind the attack.

Earlier this month, the group posted a press release on a forum, targeting Sony for its legal battle against hacker George Hotz, who recently settled his jailbreaking lawsuit with the game company. Anonymous said that Sony would "now be trodden on" by its group. Shortly thereafter, Anonymous temporarily took down Sony sites.

However, Anonymous has not claimed responsibility for the PlayStation Network outage. Last week, a representative from the organization posted on a Web site that "Anonymous has not even had time to come up with a new strategy." The representative went on to say that the organization's members have "entirely lost interest in wasting their time on Sony."

On Friday, Seybold wrote that the outage was due to an "external intrusion." He didn't provide any further details beyond that.

Sony did not immediately respond to CNET's request for comment on when the PlayStation Network might be back up.

Read more: Sony: We're 'rebuilding' PlayStation Network | The Digital Home - CNET News

:argh: :tdown:

I saw there website they said few days but no actual date what a mess....

no; just enjoy some natural sunlight and play sports and be rugged outdoors - like what our parents and grandparents and elders used to do

go for a jog...its healthy

abu hai kitne din se blackops nahi khela

@all some friends told me there were some guys who were jailbreaking there ps3 so to get free stuff from ps store but sony saw it happening so now they are changing there source code to deal with it

Lets add each other in PS3 friend list? anyone interested?

sure add me...

id is

Pukhtoon_Soldier

@ Blackops -- it's been about 5 days since I played CoD Blackops. Whatever yaar, thing is down so can't do nothin about it. Just ride your cycle or play non-online match. Unlike Microsoft Live people, we dont pay for PSN service; and in fact soon i wont be surpised if PS3 users will be charged a fee to use it.

back in the day, you could go to Hafiz Center in Lahore or Liberty market and get games for 65-80 rupees per game which is peanuts.

seems that with technology changing and games makers suffering from pirating, it's harder now to jailbreak and copy games --at least until Chinese or somebody figures how to crack the codes

back in the day, you could go to Hafiz Center in Lahore or Liberty market and get games for 65-80 rupees per game which is peanuts.

seems that with technology changing and games makers suffering from pirating, it's harder now to jailbreak and copy games --at least until Chinese or somebody figures how to crack the codes

Thats the reason sony is so pi$$ed of some guys were able to break its codes and they were caught so sony now is just dealing with it but i think sony should have had some back up plans if things went out of handsv

its been like 5 days or some .

welp. time to play some gta iv

one of the worse game...one can't even drive the fcking car properly in it. vice-city was the best.

ON TOPIC:

No update from Sony yet!

anyone have any info when PlayStation is coming back online

lol PlayStation got hacked, sony said that they are rebuilding everything from scratch which will take time, but some ppl say that it will be fine on tuesday or april 27 or 28th.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

one of the worse game...one can't even drive the fcking car properly in it. vice-city was the best.

ON TOPIC:

No update from Sony yet!

san andreas was the best dude,

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Lets add each other in PS3 friend list? anyone interested?

lol add me, actorno1

abu hai kitne din se blackops nahi khela

@all some friends told me there were some guys who were jailbreaking there ps3 so to get free stuff from ps store but sony saw it happening so now they are changing there source code to deal with it

they successfully hacked psn but then sony went to court so that's when everything got worse

It's being done by a group called anonymous. They want to be able to install Linux again, that's why they've hacked it just as Portal came out.

Back
Top Bottom