What's new

Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally

Discussion will get off track. Should be discussed in separate thread.

About the other part i meant that better to be poor with self respect rather than taking aid from other like a beggar. In my opinion countries who loose their self respect loose their identity. I also mentioned above that next election will going to decide a lot of things for us.
Mazrat ke saath bhai jaan but i think you had already lost it and wether you like it or not nobody i mean nobody respects Pakistan and pakistanies for some reasons already and you know those reasons as for elections i dont think Imran has a magik wand until or unless he does three things

1.Banns Feudalism in pakistan in the first go and taxes all the feudals and re collects all they and corrupt generals and there chamchas in power have looted for the last 65 years

2.Makes good relations with all the world powers including India & USA not just China & iran + ropes in SA & UAE too as partners in its quest for progress

3.kills the evil of relegous intolerism and so called good and bad taliban from its soil

will Imran be able to that well my guess is no as non of the powerfull people wether in army or beurocracy will let that happen even if he overpowers the feudals

yes there can be a miracle and they do happen but its even funny to think if your good friend china and iran pay aal the owtstanding loans to the imf & world bank onli then i guess pakistani economy might survive the US saudi sanctions good luck on the last part god willing if that might happen pakistan just might be saved and i guess 60 billion dollars for china is peanuts

Ohh my!
Once again this circular argument that reaches where it started from!
without further loans, how would you repay 5 billions that are due in a very near future?

I think this is the third time i am saying this that all depends on who gets elected in our next elections. We need reforms not loans.

@Dillinger I think the whole point of pursuing this deal right now is to have a leverage. US want to keep some presence in Afghanistan even after 2014 and hence need Pakistan to pursue negotiations with Taliban. Even after a deal is done they will still going to need us to keep Taliban from exploding. Until now no one knows if there will going to be a deal or not so question is what will going to happen with US withdrawal if there is no safe pullout. I wont be surprised if they just run with tail b/w their legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mazrat ke saath bhai jaan but i think you had already lost it and wether you like it or not nobody i mean nobody respects Pakistan and pakistanies for some reasons already and you know those reasons as for elections i dont think Imran has a magik wand until or unless he does three things

1.Banns Feudalism in pakistan in the first go and taxes all the feudals and re collects all they and corrupt generals and there chamchas in power have looted for the last 65 years

2.Makes good relations with all the world powers including India & USA not just China & iran + ropes in SA & UAE too as partners in its quest for progress

3.kills the evil of relegous intolerism and so called good and bad taliban from its soil

will Imran be able to that well my guess is no as non of the powerfull people wether in army or beurocracy will let that happen even if he overpowers the feudals

yes there can be a miracle and they do happen but its even funny to think if your good friend china and iran pay aal the owtstanding loans to the imf & world bank onli then i guess pakistani economy might survive the US saudi sanctions good luck on the last part god willing if that might happen pakistan just might be saved and i guess 60 billion dollars for china is peanuts

As for imran khan he certainly can pull this out. I am not expecting a sudden magic surely economic recovery at this point will be painful but certainly not impossible.

Self respect means respect for your own being. In case for others we certainly dont need respect from those to whom we never gave a squat. There can never be a shortcut to success and i know my people better as they just need a leader who can go through hell with them.

I think this is the third time i am saying this that all depends on who gets elected in our next elections. We need reforms not loans.

Reforms take long time to sink in the society for them to reap their (reform's) benefits.
The question here was simple.
What will you do when they come for you?
How will you repay 5 billion USD which are due in the near future?
Reforms are not like a magic pill to be transformed into cash totaling five billions in a jiffy.

well @ Developereo its realli good to see that a pakistani has asked such a question all those chest thumping is empty threats if pakistan dosent have money to survive well there is one thing that can rescue them now why not sell a couple of dozen neukes each to Iran , Saudia and North korea maybe you will get the amount to re energise your economy and still you will be left with quite a big arsenell o0f neukes :azn:

As for imran khan he certainly can pull this out. I am not expecting a sudden magic surely economic recovery at this point will be painful but certainly not impossible.

Self respect means respect for your own being. In case for others we certainly dont need respect from those to whom we never gave a squat. There can never be a shortcut to success and i know my people better as they just need a leader who can go through hell with them.
well bro who cares if pakistan gives a squat to any nation thing is that pakistan needs the world not vice versa as all your imprtance for USA is the supply route to afghanistan god forbit if timmorow Baluchies and Chiana and USA forge an allince what will and what can pakistan do about that cause makin an strategikk allince is very easy for china and USA ...think

Reforms take long time to sink in the society for them to reap their (reform's) benefits.
The question here was simple.
What will you do when they come for you?
How will you repay 5 billion USD which are due in the near future?
Reforms are not like a magic pill to be transformed into cash totaling five billions in a jiffy.

Our current reserves are at 14 billion dollars. We have already paid 2.5 billion and we can pay the rest all by our self considering our economy is still growing at 4% even under these harsh conditions. It will get tough but it cant be any worse than 1998-9 when our reserves fell to around 700 million under sanction and still we pulled out when others were calling us bankrupt.

well @ Developereo its realli good to see that a pakistani has asked such a question all those chest thumping is empty threats if pakistan dosent have money to survive

No, @graphican is right. Pakistan does have more than enough money to survive without external bailouts, but he country is full of thieves. Everybody whines about governance and all that, but nobody will pay any significant taxes to fund the government. The only people who pay proper taxes are employees of large corporations, where it's hard to fudge figures.

In developed countries, people pay 30% or more of income in taxes. In Pakistan, only 1% of the taxpayers pay taxes to start with, and even those taxes are tiny by comparison.

For 65 years, they have gotten used to the free ride, so why will anyone/anything change now?

P.S. 0.9pc of population of Pakistan pays tax: Ali Arshad Hakeem

well @ Developereo its realli good to see that a pakistani has asked such a question all those chest thumping is empty threats if pakistan dosent have money to survive well there is one thing that can rescue them now why not sell a couple of dozen neukes each to Iran , Saudia and North korea maybe you will get the amount to re energise your economy and still you will be left with quite a big arsenell o0f neukes :azn:

well bro who cares if pakistan gives a squat to any nation thing is that pakistan needs the world not vice versa as all your imprtance for USA is the supply route to afghanistan god forbit if timmorow Baluchies and Chiana and USA forge an allince what will and what can pakistan do about that cause makin an strategikk allince is very easy for china and USA ...think

We will pass that bridge if it even comes to us in the first place. One glass of water can only occupy one glass if we try to pour another it will just going to spill out. Hope you get my point.

No, @graphican is right. Pakistan does have more than enough money to survive without external bailouts, but he country is full of thieves. Everybody whines about governance and all that, but nobody will pay any significant taxes to fund the government. The only people who pay proper taxes are employees of large corporations, where it's hard to fudge figures.

In developed countries, people pay 30% or more of income in taxes. In Pakistan, only 1% of the taxpayers pay taxes to start with, and even those taxes are tiny by comparison.

For 65 years, they have gotten used to the free ride, so why will anyone/anything change now?

that sums all this

well thats right pakistanies are used to free rides and what they paid for this free joyride was way much much more it had to shell owt in taxes in comparrison but i dont realli see things going good for pakistan anytime soon its like choosing between fire or frying pan kinda thing

We will pass that bridge if it even comes to us in the first place. One glass of water can only occupy one glass if we try to pour another it will just going to spill out. Hope you get my point.

good luck but what i said is a distant possibillity which cant be ruled owt

P.S. 0.9pc of population of Pakistan pays tax: Ali Arshad Hakeem

9lakh people paying tax(official figure) translates to 0.5% of Pakistan's population.

Back
Top Bottom