What's new

Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

What did you say?
Saudi Gazette - Exports of Pakistan to KSA grow

Pakistan-Saudi Arabia trade worth $4.8 billion in 2012.
Pakistan, Gulf region and Iran | Pakistan Today

Further reading (a little out of date - from mid-2012)
External Trade Statistics | PAKISTAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS

Salaam to all the Muslims.

You should read the articles you just posted. 4.8 Billion dollar is our combined trade with a huge deficit from Pakistani end. Our exports are merely 400 million but import bill is 4.4 Billion mostly oil imports. So my statistics were correct.

You should read the articles you just posted. 4.8 Billion dollar is our combined trade with a huge deficit from Pakistani end. Our exports are merely 400 million but import bill is 4.4 Billion mostly oil imports. So my statistics were correct.

Salaam to the Muslims,

I did read the articles. Where does it say that combined trade has dwindled or is dwindling? Pakistani imports from Saudi Arabia have always been higher.

Salaam to the Muslims,

I did read the articles. Where does it say that combined trade has dwindled or is dwindling? Pakistani imports from Saudi Arabia have always been higher.

My friend there is no point of having a combined trade of 4.8 billion when our import rather than exports are growing. According to the first article pakistani exports to saudi-arabia is 300-400 million in 2013 where as second article tells us that our combined trade is 4.8 Billion which mean we paid $4.4 billion if you calculate the difference. Our exports grew merely by a fraction compared to our import bill from KSA which continuously increasing.

My friend there is no point of having a combined trade of 4.8 billion when our import rather than exports are growing. According to the first article pakistani exports to saudi-arabia is 300-400 million in 2013 where as second article tells us that our combined trade is 4.8 Billion which mean we paid $4.4 billion if you calculate the difference. Our exports grew merely by a fraction compared to our import bill from KSA which continuously increasing.

Bahi Sahib, where does it say that hamara combined trade dwindle ho gya hai ya ho raha hai? Imports are growing as well as exports.

Today, out of 22 Arab countries only 3 of them have a bigger Nominal GDP than Pakistan. The 3 Arab countries are Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Egypt. Meaning, Pakistan's GDP of $231 Billion (2011-2012) is continuously growing and at the moment, Pakistan ki demand local/domestic supply ko outstrip kar rahi hai. Main reason behind this is that the vast infrastructure needed for a quarter-of-trillion dollar economy is not yet in place.

Bahi Sahib, yeh to dekho IMF kay figures:
List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan is already isolated...Not much to lose here...
It will be very beneficial internally

Bahi Sahib, where does it say that hamara combined trade dwindle ho gya hai ya ho raha hai? Imports are growing as well as exports.

Today, out of 22 Arab countries only 3 of them have a bigger Nominal GDP than Pakistan. The 3 Arab countries are Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Egypt. Meaning, Pakistan's GDP of $231 Billion (2011-2012) is continuously growing and at the moment, Pakistan ki demand local/domestic supply ko outstrip kar rahi hai. Main reason behind this is that the vast infrastructure needed for a quarter-of-trillion dollar economy is not yet in place.

Bahi Sahib, yeh to dekho IMF kay figures:
List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wasnt talking about combined trade. I was talking in terms of our Exports. Below is a distribution chart of our exports from 2010 but there are only minor changes except China swapped with USA in terms of exports.

tree_map_export_pak_show_all_2010_1.png

it will surely anger saudi arabia, who gives us free oil and in return we let iran sell us more expensive oil and let iran do maximum profits from us, saudi arabia has done some bad things like sending terrorists in afghan jihad and i truely was angered how saudis were involved in TTP in beheading our FC soldiers, but still we can work with saudis to eliminate this mennace, side lining saudi arabia who has been like a good friend to pakistan for years in return of befriending totally back biting snake called iran who is also playing the double role of indian relations is not wise

iran and pakistan have mutual interests but there is saudi pak relation which surpass the mutual interests where as iran will try to take maximum advantage of pakistan, it will always be saudi arabia who will try to put a bandage on our wounds

i suggest we persue gas deals with iran and oil deals with saudis so it remains a balanced relationship

Pakistan is already isolated...Not much to lose here...
It will be very beneficial internally
I don't know why you think it will help Pakistan. Pakistan's social and economic condition is fragile unlike last time.

US is sponsoring various energy projects. US can directly affect Pakistan's export which will cause more economic woes and more unemployment.

Also it will be beneficial for India.

I don't know why you think it will help Pakistan. Pakistan's social and economic condition is fragile unlike last time.

US is sponsoring various energy projects. US can directly affect Pakistan's export which will cause more economic woes and more unemployment.

Also it will be beneficial for India.

US always have a sting in the tail...
they take away far more than they give...It will be great to see a Pakistan free of US intervention....something that hasnt happened for the last 65 years...they always been on our heads...

US always have a sting in the tail...
they take away far more than they give...It will be great to see a Pakistan free of US intervention....something that hasnt happened for the last 65 years...they always been on our heads...
US intervene in Pakistan because Pakistan allows it.
Kindly look at how much US is providing support for energy projects and what China is doing.

US paid for repair of dam in Pakistan few weeks ago which is providing valuable energy to Pakistan. US has significant say in WB and IMF.

What is the alternative Pakistan have ?

IMF concerned over Pakistan

What problems Pakistan is facing to build this pipeline ? Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8g1bMGuOjk

Plus lets see how many countries US can afford to sanction...
Apperantly they are sanctioning much of the world.....

Plus lets see how many countries US can afford to sanction...
Apperantly they are sanctioning much of the world.....
Point is, how many nations are willing to go against US.

US intervene in Pakistan because Pakistan allows it.
Kindly look at how much US is providing support for energy projects and what China is doing.

US paid for repair of dam in Pakistan few weeks ago which is providing valuable energy to Pakistan. US has significant say in WB and IMF.

What is the alternative Pakistan have ?

IMF concerned over Pakistan

What problems Pakistan is facing to build this pipeline ? Watch the video.

Aapas Ki Baat (12th March 2013) Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline & Dual Nationality Issue: Najam Sethi - YouTube

Mate... I think you work in a corporate environment (thats why always on PDF while pretending to work)....so you must have come across people and bosses who say 'once i am gone,this company will collapse' and they go,and nothing happens.....
Same is the story of Pakistan and USA-
Its a vast country with ability to produce all necessary items locally and not much foreign trade....
What will they sanction?
They will stop ships fro, bringing in nike shoes?
Iran is a different case,most of their economy relies on oil...and saudia is their foe.
USA can afford to stop oil trade from Iran because saudia is on their side and can more than compensate for lack of iranian oil.
Pakistan's economy does not rely on foreign trade and whatever imports we have,are mainly from china,and they cannot sanction china.

These are the reasons i dont see much substance in US threats of sanctions.
They have done it before and nothing happened.
They can try it again.

Back
Top Bottom