What's new

Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally

The army generals won't care as long as they get the same budget (or more). In fact, without the need to sell sovereignty in exchange for "aid", Pakistan's foreign policy options will improve which will favor the army.

As for the corrupt elite, they won't like it a bit which is why it is a challenge for anyone who promises reform, including Imran Khan. All we can do is wait and see.

well mazrat ke saath sir ARMY genrals and almost all the officers in PA are recruited from the Feudal class and beurocrats and they will not give away there perks so easily and about the AID your genrals know very well that withowt aid and good relations from west they cant have the luxeries and security they need for them and there children do you realli think they will give all that just because imran khan and his followers want that ....in the nut shell nothings gonna change withowt a revoution which might be very very cruel & ugly & with lots of blood to say the least

well mazrat ke saath sir ARMY genrals and almost all the officers in PA are recruited from the Feudal class and beurocrats and they will not give away there perks so easily and about the AID your genrals know very well that withowt aid and good relations from west they cant have the luxeries and security they need for them and there children do you realli think they will give all that just because imran khan and his followers want that ....in the nut shell nothings gonna change withowt a revoution which might be very very cruel & ugly & with lots of blood to say the least

who are you to judge how the army recruits its generals and officers, and what perks are you talking about and i know that a bloody revoloution in Pakistan is an Indian day dream.

Don't know about the feudal lineage of army generals -- I don't think that is the case.

As for aid, you are wrong. American aid always comes with strings attached. If Pakistan was buying with its own cash instead, the army would have far more options of sellers.

who are you to judge how the army recruits its generals and officers, and what perks are you talking about and i know that a bloody revoloution in Pakistan is an Indian day dream.
well khan saheb with all deu respects evry thing that goes wrong in owr naibourhood is owr concern cause sooner or later if we are not vigilant we might have to pay for owr lethargi towrds deterioting situation in pakistan as it is a buffer for india against the so called central asian influences

well from the day one all the officers of PA are recruited from feduals and berocrats well almmost 95% and the ones from pak fauj background and most of them in the deu corse of time have become feudals and indrustrialist wether you like it or not and about a bloody revolution is pakistan well freinds the type of intolerence and voilence in pakistan and its society is having do you realli think at is very far off knowing that most of the pakistan is under the influence of people who are very voilent = tallibunnies and relegeous zeolots and most of the pakistani house olds do have a fire arm so think its not just about pakistan or afghanistan alone hope u dont mind

Don't know about the feudal lineage of army generals -- I don't think that is the case.

As for aid, you are wrong. American aid always comes with strings attached. If Pakistan was buying with its own cash instead, the army would have far more options of sellers.

well sir thanks for repling but as they say ..jo gai dhoodh deti hai uski laat bhee khanee pertee hai

my point is no question about strings attached and USA bieng a doner country is not there for charity it was using pakistan like a paid soldier from the day one as earli as 50's when U2 spy planes were flown regularli from your northen bases and soviet union threatened to bomb it then you went for CEATO, CENTO & Bhagdad pact amy i know why = cause you wanted US wepons to keep india at bay which was i big miscalculation as from day one owr priority was not the regenol hegmony but to get feudalism owt , land reforms , industrilization , health and eductaion and nehru , sardar patel & his cabinet were very letahrgik about defense so much so krishna menon at one point of time use to think that china is no threat and they will actualli gaurd indias eastern frontiers if we wanted to ennex land we could have anytime taken over of likes like nepal and bhutan , maldievs but we dint it was pak faujs over zelous genrals who dint weight for things to settle down and get kashmir through peacfull options but they attacked us in 1948 thru there proxies and they are still doing the same ..hope u get my point sir .. Thanks

Pipeline se thora fayda zaroor hoga, lekin baad me dusri bato se pakistan ko zyada nuksan hoga.

Pipeline se sirf textile industry me lakho logon ko naukriyan milengi aur , load shedding kam hogi, bachay light rahegi to barabar padh sakenge. Kya ise thora fayda kahte hain ??? Zara explain kardein baad me kin kin dusri bato se kitna kitna nuksan hoga. Sanctions se kitna nuksan hoga ? US abhi 2014 tak Sanctions nahi laga sakta...
Aap ne ulta kaha hai... Balki shayad aap ye kahna chahte thay ...
Pipeline se fayda zyada hoga lekin dusri baton se thoda nuksan bhi hoga...

If US found Dr. Shakil Afridi type for fake vaccination they have sure had found Anjum Rasheed to write fear mongering article as well.
Other than chattering class who benefit from western influence and interference, I would not think anyone would accept such pressure. As for gulf states what I heard, UAE is on-board for this project. They have large investment in the pipeline and for that they would need energy for such huge investment. China and even Russia was supportive considering regional and geo political interests.

If US try to use economic pressure through IMF or other means, it would not be as easy as this article tries to propagate.

well khan saheb with all deu respects evry thing that goes wrong in owr naibourhood is owr concern cause sooner or later if we are not vigilant we might have to pay for owr lethargi towrds deterioting situation in pakistan as it is a buffer for india against the so called central asian influences

well from the day one all the officers of PA are recruited from feduals and berocrats well almmost 95% and the ones from pak fauj background and most of them in the deu corse of time have become feudals and indrustrialist wether you like it or not and about a bloody revolution is pakistan well freinds the type of intolerence and voilence in pakistan and its society is having do you realli think at is very far off knowing that most of the pakistan is under the influence of people who are very voilent = tallibunnies and relegeous zeolots and most of the pakistani house olds do have a fire arm so think its not just about pakistan or afghanistan alone hope u dont mind

with all due respect sir, you didnt answer my question about who are you to judge the recruitment pattern and how can you say this about our recruitment policy with such certainty because anyone short of a RAW or MI officer can not know such things about matters across borders with such conviction as yours, secondly sir the thing is that what you are saying is based on just assumptions and I have seen due to my familial background the Pakistan army up close at the OR level as well as the officer level and lets me assure you that the army is competant and is not involved at the lower level (lower officer level included upto brigadier level) in any domestic politics and although some troops have strong financial backgrounds most are just men who wait for the 1st date af every month to get the salary so they can work out their monthly expenses and they are just interested in doing their job and hoping that their country is not destroyed by the present government and are praying for some CIVILIAN ELECTED leader that can assure the country's survival and are ready to give up some of their perks (that exist only in civilain eyes who imagine them to be over exaggerated), I am sure that the civilains in India look at their army in the same manner but the ''civilian vs military''this is one of the oldest rivalries known to man kind so i dont see anything short of conscription to solve this and yes since you are so sure please give me some respectable source to your conviction and will look into it.

with all due respect sir, you didnt answer my question about who are you to judge the recruitment pattern and how can you say this about our recruitment policy with such certainty because anyone short of a RAW or MI officer can not know such things about matters across borders with such conviction as yours, secondly sir the thing is that what you are saying is based on just assumptions and I have seen due to my familial background the Pakistan army up close at the OR level as well as the officer level and lets me assure you that the army is competant and is not involved at the lower level (lower officer level included upto brigadier level) in any domestic politics and although some troops have strong financial backgrounds most are just men who wait for the 1st date af every month to get the salary so they can work out their monthly expenses and they are just interested in doing their job and hoping that their country is not destroyed by the present government and are praying for some CIVILIAN ELECTED leader that can assure the country's survival and are ready to give up some of their perks (that exist only in civilain eyes who imagine them to be over exaggerated), I am sure that the civilains in India look at their army in the same manner but the ''civilian vs military''this is one of the oldest rivalries known to man kind so i dont see anything short of conscription to solve this and yes since you are so sure please give me some respectable source to your conviction and will look into it.

salaam khan saab but the thing is whtever explanation u might give the hard facts are

1. Pakistan may survive sanctions by the west but not the Arab powers like SA and UAE as they are against Iran and had even fought itthrough there proxy saddam hussain at one point do you think they will not do anything when pakstan goes ahead with gas pipe line

2. all the officers I mean commanding officers from bregedier level are onli from some prominent army families or say feudal familis and all there younger officers colnel and till second leftinent are also from feudal ,Army or beurocratik family background and they will always tough the line dictated to them by west or arab powers as all there family and business interests are not in Pakistan but west or SA,Dubai &UK, USA & eourope

so my point is Pakistan under no circustances can have a foreign policy which goes against the interests of west and middle eastern arab(sunni) powers in favour of Iran (shia)

UAE is on-board for this project. They have large investment in the pipeline

UAE must be investing on the Iranian side :lol: , because Pakistan has had to beg all over the place for money.

How much more Pakistan will isolate....except Drone, no other foreigner goes there :D

No idea. Last I heard, Iran was financing the whole thing.

There are rumors aplenty, but nothing definite. Iran had offered us $250(-?500) million dollars as a loan, still leaving us about a billion (or at least several hundred million) dollars short. Other rumors have suggested Chinese financing, but no concrete official news, as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom