What's new

Pilot ejects, is safe after MiG crashes

bummer.....another (of many over the past few years) bites the dust it appears

wait.. lets say a plane is old and its dangerous to still fly it..
its still the fault of the indians..
if not then the pilots sucks.
that is a simple logic.
in this i would probaly say indian air force fault.
or whoever is making these decisions.

in the interests of saving money, the indians have a habit of obtaining spare parts from non-Russian suppliers (e.g. Belarus, Ukraine, etc.)

often these spare parts are inferior or having limited life to them

The Mig-21 is still in the service of many other countries; however india seems to have the worst safety record with these aircrafts.

Even the Russians have, often angrily, asserted this several times

IAF faced a critical spare parts crunch after the collapse of USSR when Air Chief Marshal SK Kaul was the CAS... This forced India to shop for spares in the East European market. They had the same kind of weapon systems as indians, had reduced their forces almost overnight by half, and had surplus spares to offer. Some of the parts were made available by cannibalizing aircraft.

Which is a direct correlation to the time MiG-21s started dropping like flies and to a good extent, still are in 2008-2011 period

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Country-By-Country/India.htm

it's sad in the indian perspective, considering the millions of rupees they pay in pilot training.....seems there is a rift between pilots and the ground crew of HAL, latter of which seems to be quite incompetetent when it comes to flight safety and stringent maintenance standards

Last edited:
the important thing is mig crashed, as always, here mig goes for war, here it crashes, we dont missile to counter them :rofl::rofl: the pilot should suicide for such a shameful event, india is ashamed..

Looks like Indian military is celebrating this month as some accidents and mishaps month of the decade. All three arms of the military had there respective share of accidents. IA crashed a helicopter, IN sank a frigate and now IAF crashes a flying coffin.

The competition is tough though. :rolleyes:

india air show and 2 mig crashes, what a title for headline!!!! indians must buy mig brooms, to clean the mess they create by crashing every now and then not cool!!

Last edited:
India18.jpg

These fellas need a rest..

So you want to reap more benefits out of it after some rest! :woot:
Give it retirement! :P

Who are you to talk? The IAF is looking to replace them with the ongoing MMRCA, so replacing them with the most cutting edge 4th gen aircraft on offer in the world, they will replace the MiG 21 Bison which even according to the USAF is a formidably ac whilst the PAF is still flying around in the Chinese made F-7 which is a poor rip off of the MiG 21s built by Russia.

Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So why are you criticising the IAF for operating a more capable version of the pplanes you are flying and will sone replace with more advanced fighters than anything you have in your inventory?

Who are you to talk? The IAF is looking to replace them with the ongoing MMRCA, so replacing them with the most cutting edge 4th gen aircraft on offer in the world, they will replace the MiG 21 Bison which even according to the USAF is a formidably ac whilst the PAF is still flying around in the Chinese made F-7 which is a poor rip off of the MiG 21s built by Russia.

Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So why are you criticising the IAF for operating a more capable version of the pplanes you are flying and will sone replace with more advanced fighters than anything you have in your inventory?

Its not about operating old planes, its about safety record. At least their j-7's aren't falling out of the sky like our old migs. GOI should finalise this MRCA deal already. Thank God at least the pilot is safe.

Its not about operating old planes, its about safety record. At least their j-7's aren't falling out of the sky like our old migs. GOI should finalise this MRCA deal already. Thank God at least the pilot is safe.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but are you stating that PAF Fishbeds crash less than IAF Fishbeds based on any actual data? Or just on how many news reports you see?
If you have access to some data, I too would like to see it.
Thanks in advance,
JD
PS:
Check this old article out:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITOR/ISSUE2-4/rupak.html

Last edited:
I am not saying that you are wrong, but are you stating that PAF Fishbeds crash less than IAF Fishbeds based on any actual data? Or just on how many news reports you see?
If you have access to some data, I too would like to see it.
Thanks in advance,
JD
PS:
Check this old article out:
BHARAT RAKSHAK MONITOR  Volume 2(4)

I was basing it on the media reports that i have come across. More than PAF or not, just the rate at which we keep loosing MIG 21's in crash and more importantly the pilots we keep loosing is just unacceptable and avoidable? Thanks for the link btw. :cheers:

i am also surprised that why IAF is still going with old migs that are killing precious lives in crashes. they have budget and enough strength to get rid of them very soon because indian mig-21 are veru old like some of ours.

Dude u cannot retire 170 Planes on one go ,
We also have to take into account there replacements

IAF has to mentain Sqd strength ,

Currently we are at rate of 25-30 Aircrafts a yr so as to balance it with Induction of 23-28 Su30 MKI a yr

Around 54 of these fighters would be retired by end of 2012 , being replaced by 46 Su30 MKI

My figure for MKI is based on last yrs production figure for HAL , which was 23 Su30 MKI delivered in 2010

Back
Top Bottom