What's new

Pilot ejects, is safe after MiG crashes

How many working Mig-21s are left? I've been hearing about them crashing since my early teen years!

Well Mig21 and Mig27 are on there way out

As u know india acquired over 450 Mig 21 From Soviet Union in 1970-1984
Over 320 were in service in yr 2000 when there Phase out began , with Indian Airforce replacing them with Su30 MKI gradually

Now i have no idea regarding Crashes and retirements Between 2000-2008

Around 250 Mig21 were in service in 2008
In the last 3 yrs, Indian Airforce has retired over 70 Mig21 which are now kept in storage , a further 8 Aircraft crashed during 2008-11

These 70+ Migs were replaced by 54 Su30 MKI inducted during the period

Currently there are 120 Mig21 Bison and 52 Mig21 Bis IN SERVICE

OUT OF THIS , 50 odd Mig21 Bis would be retired by 2013

Being replaced by 40 Su30 MKI and first sqd of Tejas MK1

Mig 21 Bison would retire between 2013-17

Even the Mig27 will begin retiring in 2012

Over 120 Mig27 were acquired by India in 1978-84 , out of which around 96 aircraft remain in service
First 2 sqds will begin phase out in 2012 , being replaced by Su30 Mki while remaining 3 sqds will be replaced by MMRCA

finished or there is some more in service . tell to pilots speed up crash rate and eject always early . so soon you got MMRCA .

Well Mig21 and Mig27 are on there way out

As u know india acquired over 450 Mig 21 From Soviet Union in 1970-1984
Over 320 were in service in yr 2000 when there Phase out began , with Indian Airforce replacing them with Su30 MKI gradually

Now i have no idea regarding Crashes and retirements Between 2000-2008

Around 250 Mig21 were in service in 2008
In the last 3 yrs, Indian Airforce has retired over 70 Mig21 which are now kept in storage , a further 8 Aircraft crashed during 2008-11

These 70+ Migs were replaced by 54 Su30 MKI inducted during the period

Currently there are 120 Mig21 Bison and 52 Mig21 Bis IN SERVICE

OUT OF THIS , 50 odd Mig21 Bis would be retired by 2013

Being replaced by 40 Su30 MKI and first sqd of Tejas MK1

Mig 21 Bison would retire between 2013-17

Even the Mig27 will begin retiring in 2012

Over 120 Mig27 were acquired by India in 1978-84 , out of which around 96 aircraft remain in service
First 2 sqds will begin phase out in 2012 , being replaced by Su30 Mki while remaining 3 sqds will be replaced by MMRCA

Not before the MRCA arrives ,simply because
these mig-21's and mig-27's will and can't be fully replaced with just MKI's as still they are many in number,while on the other hand Jaguars are also waiting to get retired from the service . so MKI simply can't replace all these aircrafts and that too having different roles .While Tejas still need sometime to get mature even after induction as in case of all aircrafts around the world .apart form this pilots are not supermans that they start to master everything in one night

I wonder despite of having too much budget what your people are doing? still there is no sign of MRCA selection , no offense but we all are hearing it for long time that MRCA will soon be announced but question is when?after every few weeks a new news regarding MRCA pops-up but nothing materialize.

It has to be kept in mind by the authorities (whoever have to decide MRCA) that with which speed mig's are falling down and still if MRCA is decided today it will still take a year or so for the first aircraft to deliver .For-example we ordered f-16's in 2005-06 mark and the deliveries started in 2010 mean it took approx 4-5 years for the first aircraft to deliver .

I wonder these crashes have something to do with the pilot skills, aircraft itself or maintanance quality .

but i doubt it has to do something with the aircraft itself because till today many nations are operating Mig-21's or its derivatives ,none of them have such high crash rate .

Apart from mig's many airforces around the world still operate decades old aircrafts but still none has such high crash rate

mig_21_demotivational_poster_by_jedijaffy14-d33qw8z.jpg

I wonder these crashes have something to do with the pilot skills, aircraft itself or maintanance quality .

but i doubt it has to do something with the aircraft itself because till today many nations are operating Mig-21's or its derivatives ,none of them have such high crash rate .

Apart from mig's many airforces around the world still operate decades old aircrafts but still none has such high crash rate

I do not think it has much to do with pilot skills.

However, you are correct as you mentioned the other two: aircraft itself and maintanance quality. the latter is the key, so far India still cannot produce good quality spare parts for most of their fighter planes even the Mig-21! not to mention Su-30, mig-27/29, mirage-2000 etc, every year they have to spend hunderds of millions to import from those countries of origns. therefore indian airforce has the highest crashing rate among world major airforces!

at the moment, it is not the time for india to pursue those overated MRCA or 5G stealth fighter. India needs to well estabish its heavy industry to ensure good quality spare parts first then develop more advanced models based on that.:coffee:

No idea... This is what the internet channels had reported ...

This is somewhat more clear i believe...

13:28 PM 'Bison' aircraft's pilot ejects safely:
An Indian Air Force MiG-21 'Bison' fighter aircraft has crashed in Anupnagar district in Madhya Pradesh, and the pilot has ejected safely, an IAF spokesman has said. Further details are awaited.

This is the second mishap involving the armed forces in two days. On Wednesday, an Army helicopter crashed in a residential area in Nashik, killing both its pilots.

thats great from media

combined the aircraft and helicopter news in one report. Mig-21 helicopter :rolleyes:

I do not think it has much to do with pilot skills.

However, you are correct as you mentioned the other two: aircraft itself and maintanance quality. the latter is the key, so far India still cannot produce good quality spare parts for most of their fighter planes even the Mig-21! not to mention Su-30, mig-27/29, mirage-2000 etc, every year they have to spend hunderds of millions to import from those countries of origns. therefore indian airforce has the highest crashing rate among world major airforces!

at the moment, it is not the time for india to pursue those overated MRCA or 5G stealth fighter. India needs to well estabish its heavy industry to ensure good quality spare parts first then develop more advanced models based on that.:coffee:

Thats what i m saying for so long but the indian members think other way around ,i m afraid that many may also disagree with you.but at the end of the day everyone has his own perception

if it has to do with pilot skills wat about Su-30Mki,Mig-29,Mig-29K,Jag,mirage...?
why they don't crash....??
u have any explanation for this.....

Don't reply to trolls please,they just put up the arguments with no knowledge.

OT:
SCRAP THIS JUNK(MIG 21 n 27)!!

if it has to do with pilot skills wat about Su-30Mki,Mig-29,Mig-29K,Jag,mirage...?
why they don't crash....??
u have any explanation for this.....

every plane got crash sir and for your kind info one SU-30MKI crash was pilot error as Russians say:D

Pilot error responsible for April Su-30MKI crash, says defence ministry
17 June 2009

New Delhi: A joint probe by Indian and Russian defence and aerospace engineers into the crash of an Indian Air Force Sukhoi aircraft over Jaisalmer in April this year, which resulted in the death of an IAF officer, has blamed the mishap on human error. The probe found no fault with the aircraft itself.

"The joint probe by IAF and Russian experts into the Su-30MKI crash has found that there is no problem with the aircraft," top defence ministry officials said Tuesday. They also indicated Sukhoi 30MKIthat the accident happened because the pilot of the aircraft inadvertently switched off the flight controls in the cockpit.

The probe has also revealed that the ejection seat's harness had broken which led to the loss of life.

A Su-30MKI aircraft crashed on 30 April while flying in a formation of four aircraft over Jaisalmer. Both the occupants of the twin-seater aircraft ejected but while the pilot, Wing Commander SV Munje managed to bail out safely, his passenger, Wing Commander PS Nara, died as his parachute failed to function properly.

The IAF ordered a court of inquiry, which also took on board about 20 Russian experts from the Sukhoi establishment.

Ministry of defence officials indicated that the court of inquiry was yet to complete its report.

But preliminary results would come as a source of relief for the Indian Air Force as the Su-30MKI is a frontline fighter aircraft and the crash had come as shock for the aircraft has an unrivalled safety record.

Back
Top Bottom