What's new

Pilgrims flock to crocodile shrine in Karachi as Taliban threat recedes

Tell me what u feel objectionable

No one is worshipping crocodiles or worshipping a grave.

People visiting this super crocodile shrine by risking their lives is enough evidence for me that they tend to seek blessing from the shrine if for argument's sake we believe that they are not going there with the intention of worshipping which on the contrary is what happens in these places. We are not christians for whom is necessary to go to a priest for their prayers to be answered or to connect to god. Islam defies these shrines and the building of them over graves.

The oneness of Allah is pure in Islam and we only seek help from him directly no matter how poor a muslim is in his deeds. Going to these shrines with the intention of being heard falls in the category of shirk even if u don't pray to the grave which takes you out of the pale of islam.

This is interesting, a counter question :p:. Well for a starter let us say safety. Islam values a human life and I won't like people putting their lives in way of harm unnecessarily.
No one is forcing people to go to this shrine. No one is forcing them to stand between crocodiles.
Also has someone ever been harmed by these crocs ? I don't think so.

People visiting this super crocodile shrine by risking their lives is enough evidence for me that they tend to seek blessing from the shrine if for argument's sake we believe that they are not going there with the intention of worshipping which on the contrary is what happens in these places. We are not christians for whom is necessary to go to a priest for their prayers to be answered or to connect to god. Islam defies these shrines and the building of them over graves.

The oneness of Allah is pure in Islam and we only seek help from him directly no matter how poor a muslim is in his deeds. Going to these shrines with the intention of being heard falls in the category of shirk even if u don't pray to the grave which takes you out of the pale of islam.
If someone thinks their life is at risk then why visit ? No one is taken there at gun point that hey you need to go and stand between crocs and risk your life.

If Islam defies grave then there shouldn't be grave of Hazrat Muhammad SAW and other Sahaba karam RA

when you are sick , do you go to a doctor to get medicineor or it directly falls from roof in your hands ? If U go to doctor for help then you are doing shirk with God by taking help from doctor.

Ok, go ahead and prove me wrong with authentic references from Quran or Hadees?

These shrines, rituals, Peer Parasti, Qabar (grave) Parasti etc have nothing to do with Islam. And seeking blessings from crocodiles, you got to be kidding me..
I will need to dig up stuff and im not shying away but Is breaking your own teeth for sake of Hazrat Muhammad SAW written in a Hadith or verse ?

ALLAH has told in several places to follow ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW. ALLAH has told again and again and in various ways. Quran gives most general orders Sunnah has details and Sunnah was first denied by none other than dogs of hell known as KHAWARIJ

The Almighty has given you guidelines to follow, nowhere in the The Noble Qur'an he tells you to follow him. He has promised to keep The Noble Qur'an the same from day til the end of Days.

Disgusting comments by my fellow pakistanis here. All of a sudden the discussion became islam related. We should not be judging what these people are doing! If you dont agree with what they are doing (i also dont) then just leave it, dont bring it up, stop calling their practice as haram. It is not our job to judge someone else's faith, that is the job of Allah. What our job is to be the best muslim we can be and leave the rest to Allah. This is the problem with us muslims and pakistanis. We judge others' faith. The day we pakistanis and muslims stop judging others and focus on our own self and stop labelling others as kafir will we only succeed and earn respect in this world. Anyways now i request everyone to change the topic and look at what this news means to us. This shows that in a short span of time the rangers operation is succeeding in bringing peace to this city! Second thing we can discuss is how to use this unique shrine for tourism. I'm sure when peace is established and tourists flock to our country they would want to visit a shrine full of crocs!

I will need to dig up stuff and im not shying away but Is breaking your own teeth for sake of Hazrat Muhammad SAW written in a Hadith or verse ?

No. But does that justify seeking blessings from crocodiles or from a dead man's grave?

If someone thinks their life is at risk then why visit ? No one is taken there at gun point that hey you need to go and stand between crocs and risk your life.

If Islam defies grave then there shouldn't be grave of Hazrat Muhammad SAW and other Sahaba karam RA

when you are sick , do you go to a doctor to get medicineor or it directly falls from roof in your hands ? If U go to doctor for help then you are doing shirk with God by taking help from doctor.

First of all the point is for the muslims to not undertake endevours of no benefit anf no basis in islam practised by neither the prophet or the companions. I am not targering anyone but only to educate muslims and hope Allah guides me and them towards his religion.

Secondly very cleverly you exchanged the word shrine with the grave. The concept of shrine is no where in Islam. One of the last advices of the prophet before his death was not to make his mosque a shrine. If the best of the humans of all time stops this act to be applied on him it automatically is banned on the rest.

Thirdly, I was expecting this example tbh. There is a difference between visiting a 'living person' for 'medicine' than visiting a dead person for duaa who is not even able to help himself let alone help someone else.

Disgusting comments by my fellow pakistanis here. All of a sudden the discussion became islam related. We should not be judging what these people are doing! If you dont agree with what they are doing (i also dont) then just leave it, dont bring it up, stop calling their practice as haram. It is not our job to judge someone else's faith, that is the job of Allah. What our job is to be the best muslim we can be and leave the rest to Allah. This is the problem with us muslims and pakistanis. We judge others' faith. The day we pakistanis and muslims stop judging others and focus on our own self and stop labelling others as kafir will we only succeed and earn respect in this world. Anyways now i request everyone to change the topic and look at what this news means to us. This shows that in a short span of time the rangers operation is succeeding in bringing peace to this city! Second thing we can discuss is how to use this unique shrine for tourism. I'm sure when peace is established and tourists flock to our country they would want to visit a shrine full of crocs!

I understand where you come from but it is also very important to differentiate between right and wrong. While doing so 9ne should avoid targeting anyone individually or as a group and conveying the knowledge that Allah has blessed you in a respectful manner with the hope of someone being guided towards the truth by the will of Allah.

First of all the point is for the muslims to not undertake endevours of no benefit anf no basis in islam practised by neither the prophet or the companions. I am not targering anyone but only to educate muslims and hope Allah guides me and them towards his religion.

Secondly very cleverly you exchanged the word shrine with the grave. The concept of shrine is no where in Islam. One of the last advices of the prophet before his death was not to make his mosque a shrine. If the best of the humans of all time stops this act to be applied on him it automatically is banned on the rest.

Thirdly, I was expecting this example tbh. There is a difference between visiting a 'living person' for 'medicine' than visiting a dead person for duaa who is not even able to help himself let alone help someone else.

The endavour taken by Hazrat Owais karni RA was bringing harm to his own self but it was done for sake of love. Not everything is literal. The crocs haven't harmed anyone in more than 700 years which is very Unlikely and un natural, this means there is some power stopping them.

U used the word grave so I used it too, I'm happy with word shrine. Hazrat Muhammad SAW has a shrine and so does other Sahaba karam.

In old times and even now, God was there and is there still but people had strange problems and still have them. In old times Muslims worshipped God and still couldn't solve their problems so they came to these living pious saints and asked them for guidance or prayer. When these saints left the world, the flock still continues, coz the Saint isnt really dead, just transferred from one world to another. These saints still live and help people, one example would be last verse of Surah al qadar where it's mentioned that pious spirits descend from the sky. So the duties of spirits of pious saints is still continuing which is why their shrines are still flocked by people but the grave of ordinary person is in shambles, relatives go once or twice a year.secobd example I gave u that crocs don't attack , been 700+ years, shows that some power is in work there and shrine isn't empty.

No. But does that justify seeking blessings from crocodiles or from a dead man's grave?
For the crocs I am still in process of finding a good source how they reached there. As for asking blessings from crocs, I have seen Vidz of these crocs on YouTube, I didn't see any one near them to ask blessings, just duty personnel to feed them. If people do ask blessings from crocs then there could be another concept behind this but honestly I don't feel the need to ask for blessings from crocs when you are at a shrine of a Saint already.
As for blessings from what you think is dead Saint, I answered already somewhere above.

The endavour taken by Hazrat Owais karni RA was bringing harm to his own self but it was done for sake of love. Not everything is literal. The crocs haven't harmed anyone in more than 700 years which is very Unlikely and un natural, this means there is some power stopping them.

U used the word grave so I used it too, I'm happy with word shrine. Hazrat Muhammad SAW has a shrine and so does other Sahaba karam.

In old times and even now, God was there and is there still but people had strange problems and still have them. In old times Muslims worshipped God and still couldn't solve their problems so they came to these living pious saints and asked them for guidance or prayer. When these saints left the world, the flock still continues, coz the Saint isnt really dead, just transferred from one world to another. These saints still live and help people, one example would be last verse of Surah al qadar where it's mentioned that pious spirits descend from the sky. So the duties of spirits of pious saints is still continuing which is why their shrines are still flocked by people but the grave of ordinary person is in shambles, relatives go once or twice a year.secobd example I gave u that crocs don't attack , been 700+ years, shows that some power is in work there and shrine isn't empty.

For the crocs I am still in process of finding a good source how they reached there. As for asking blessings from crocs, I have seen Vidz of these crocs on YouTube, I didn't see any one near them to ask blessings, just duty personnel to feed them. If people do ask blessings from crocs then there could be another concept behind this but honestly I don't feel the need to ask for blessings from crocs when you are at a shrine of a Saint already.
As for blessings from what you think is dead Saint, I answered already somewhere above.

Hmmmm one question, if you may answer please, you referred to a verse from Surah, can you please explain which pious people or saints spirits would have descended in times of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)? After all Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and he is the blessing for all worlds and universes.

And this pic what do you make of it, if he is not there asking for blessing then may be he is offering his little child to crocs?

article-1286284-0A03F25C000005DC-386_634x399.jpg

May Allah guide us all. These are the same pre Islamic misconceptions and superstitions. These are the same questions shaitaan wants a muslim to be indulged in.

A grave is another thing compared to a shrine. A shrine is made for the purpose of worship where people come to seek blessing, pray, supplicate and tie threads to some furniture etc etc.

What do you really mean? I am seriously confused. Allah couldnt solve their problems so they came to these siants. I believe you dont mean this but coming to a living person for duaa is a separate thing than to a dead person. Firstly your imaan and supplications should be sincere so Allah will surely answer without the need to ask another living person to pray for you. Sure you can ask more people to pray for you and there is nothing wrong. But asking a dead person for help is not proven by the prophet or the companions. Rather it is straight away termed as shirk by the ulama before and of our time.

Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, in his speech after the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had died, “Whoever used to worship Muhammad, Muhammad has died, but whoever used to worship Allaah, Allaah is Alive and will never die.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).

This and similar evidence indicates that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was a human being like all other human beings, who died as they die, and will never be immortal just as no one before him was immortal.

Whoever wants to put the Prophet beyond the human realm and claim that the Prophet is present in all places, is the one who should be asked to produce evidence (daleel). How does he know that the Prophet is omnipresent at all times? Moreover, those who make the same claim with regard to Allaah (should know that) this is kufr, deviation and misguidance. If this cannot be said for the prophet it cannot be said for anyone else. If someone dies his connection with this world is over until the day of judgement when you will be judged for your deeds.

The person who is asked should be capable such as one who is alive. It is not permissible to call upon the dead, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmeer (the thin membrane over the date stone).

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you [Faatir 35:13-14]

Hmmmm one question, if you may answer please, you referred to a verse from Surah, can you please explain which pious people or saints spirits would have descended in times of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)? After all Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and he is the blessing for all worlds and universes.

And this pic what do you make of it, if he is not there asking for blessing then may be he is offering his little child to crocs?

article-1286284-0A03F25C000005DC-386_634x399.jpg

there are million of pious spirits, upto God which to put on duty where. My point was about saints not dying and I stand with it.

Regarding the pic ,I am not sure this is how blessing is taken. It rather seems he is presenting baby to be devoured by the croc

May Allah guide us all. These are the same pre Islamic misconceptions and superstitions. These are the same questions shaitaan wants a muslim to be indulged in.

A grave is another thing compared to a shrine. A shrine is made for the purpose of worship where people come to seek blessing, pray, supplicate and tie threads to some furniture etc etc.

What do you really mean? I am seriously confused. Allah couldnt solve their problems so they came to these siants. I believe you dont mean this but coming to a living person for duaa is a separate thing than to a dead person. Firstly your imaan and supplications should be sincere so Allah will surely answer without the need to ask another living person to pray for you. Sure you can ask more people to pray for you and there is nothing wrong. But asking a dead person for help is not proven by the prophet or the companions. Rather it is straight away termed as shirk by the ulama before and of our time.

Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, in his speech after the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had died, “Whoever used to worship Muhammad, Muhammad has died, but whoever used to worship Allaah, Allaah is Alive and will never die.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari).

This and similar evidence indicates that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was a human being like all other human beings, who died as they die, and will never be immortal just as no one before him was immortal.

Whoever wants to put the Prophet beyond the human realm and claim that the Prophet is present in all places, is the one who should be asked to produce evidence (daleel). How does he know that the Prophet is omnipresent at all times? Moreover, those who make the same claim with regard to Allaah (should know that) this is kufr, deviation and misguidance. If this cannot be said for the prophet it cannot be said for anyone else. If someone dies his connection with this world is over until the day of judgement when you will be judged for your deeds.

The person who is asked should be capable such as one who is alive. It is not permissible to call upon the dead, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmeer (the thin membrane over the date stone).

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you [Faatir 35:13-14]
There is no misconception or pre islamic superstition, if u choose not to accept islamic history and have no knowledge about important islamic personalities else than what U read in Islamiat course books, don't be shy , there should be room for islamic history knowledge always through reading different material on the subject.lol I like the way how cleverly U shoved such a strong example in such a retarded way since you have no answer.

A shrine for worshipping is a figment of your imagination, I don't take shrine as a place of worship.

You are confused because you don't want to agree and I am surely giving U Answers to all your queries. Nothing is confusing about my post, I gave examples too. It doesn't get any clearer and easier than this.

I am surprised all you people have weak knowledge about islamic history. And this is clear to me because The concept of immortality is also given for a shaheed, and if you don't even know immortality concept of shaheed even then please get a good teacher to teach U islam and its history. You are just wasting my time by your ignorance on Islam and its history.

Any one can copy paste Hadith and ayats, get some knowledge to create a base for arguement or gaining knowledge. I am not here to fulfill duties of your parents and teachers to teach you basics.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom