What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

11 years old
The reason of the crash from cockpit tower communication seems to be engine faliure. But these are early reports so don't take them final.

Total people on board including crew are 99

2 women 1 man and 1 child rescued alive and in hospital.

Aircraft Type: Airbus A320-214
Construction Number: 2274
Year Built: 2004
Delivery to PIA: October 30, 2014

investigation should be made as the risk of terrorism or suicide cannot be overlooked
That plane was at the middle age of its life and should have been at peak reliability, ie all the delivery bugs ironed out and no age related bugs coming into play. Additionally, the low pass should have been within the capabilities of the pilot as it was a simple manouvere.

I dont understand. Shocking for sure.

11 years old
The reason of the crash from cockpit tower communication seems to be engine faliure. But these are early reports so don't take them final.

Thank Allah someone survived this. Inshallah, when they recover perhaps they will be better able to help explain what was happening from the passengers point of view.

Can anyone check how old was this plane?
a320.jpg

inna lillahe wa inna ilaihe raji'un.

Very sad news. May Allah rest the departed souls in paradise and give patience to the effected families.
If lessons are not drawn from this tragic episode then god help us! Who let developers build so close to the airport? How old is this plane? Why wasn't the plane lined up with the runway if it was on approach? So many questions need to be answered.

Just putting it out there. Something similar happened with a British airways flight just before landing they lost engines. Fortunately the Pilot of that flight had the foresight to decrease flaps to gain a longer glide path and ended up crash landing on the airport land avoiding any casualties.

I have a feeling the plane in this case must have stalled with Full flaps :(

Last edited:
so do you think that the pilot was lying ???i am not an aviation expert and i am sure you are also the same.

Of course the pilot was not lying. You might not be an aviation expert but I am assuming you're also not a child.

Engine failure happens in airplanes even if both engines are fine during take off (obviously if they weren't fine, the plane wouldn't take off!) Even a single engine failure can lead to crashes / crash landings.

Doesn’t matter,
Pilot seems to be the culprit after thorough thinking

Everybody here is an aviation expert overnight.

Maybe it was pilot error; maybe not. Time will tell.

I have audio between pilot n tower in which pilot can be heard clearly saying, engine failed.. I dnt know how to share audio frim mobile
11 years old

Of course the pilot was not lying. You might not be an aviation expert but I am assuming you're also not a child.

Engine failure happens in airplanes even if both engines are fine during take off (obviously if they weren't fine, the plane wouldn't take off!) Even a single engine failure can lead to crashes / crash landings.

Everybody here is an aviation expert overnight.

Maybe it was pilot error; maybe not. Time will tell.
@Trango Towers , Your an aeronautic, What do you make of it ?

@Trango Towers , Your an aeronautic, What do you make of it ?

I am not denying that it may be pilot error. All I'm saying is let's wait for more information.

This supports your conclusion:
PIA Chief Executive Officer Air Marshal Arshad Malik, who has left for Karachi, said the pilot told the control room that there was a technical issue and he decided to go around rather than land even though two runways were ready for landing.
(from Dawn)

Back
Top Bottom