What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

Aircraft Type: Airbus A320-214
Construction Number: 2274
Year Built: 2004
Delivery to PIA: October 30, 2014

The aircraft was acquired by PIA from GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) on dry lease for six years. It arrived in Islamabad as delivery flight PK1786 from Shanghai via Dhaka on October 30, 2014.

He wasn’t lying but considering both engines failed, sounds like pilot error than technical fault.
pakistanis adopt new profession very quickly. one day they become doctors and on the very next day they become aviators.

In the last conversation, ATC also asks the pilot whether he is about to attempt a belly landing.....means engines were out well before, pilot may have tried to glide his aircraft without power towards the runway, however, crashed just near it.
I blame straight out on the engineers of PIA, Although i did expect some crashes worldwide post lockdown as all planes worldwide were grounded and maintenance wasn’t upto level.

In the last conversation, ATC also asks the pilot whether he is about to attempt a belly landing.....means engines were out well before, pilot may have tried to glide his aircraft without power towards the runway, however, crashed just near it.

...which could mean no landing gear issue.....issue was that the engines were out.....just a possibility....

That plane was at the middle age of its life and should have been at peak reliability, ie all the delivery bugs ironed out and no age related bugs coming into play. Additionally, the low pass should have been within the capabilities of the pilot as it was a simple manouvere.

I dont understand. Shocking for sure.

Possible crash site.

97826644_183756339754804_458683802630225920_n.jpg

Can anyone check how old was this plane?
11 years old
The reason of the crash from cockpit tower communication seems to be engine faliure. But these are early reports so don't take them final.

Total people on board including crew are 99

2 women 1 man and 1 child rescued alive and in hospital.

Back
Top Bottom