What's new

PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

......& rifle barrel also provide much greater punch & penetration power as well as accuracy compare to smoothbore. On the opoosite side it need much little more maintenance & perhaps rifle-gun has bigger service life compare to the smooth-bore.
So even lesser muzzle-velocity provide much greater punch to the round.

Smothbore is preferred by many countries because it can delivered more variety of ammo, but as ARJUN gun is already capable of firing of wide variety of ammunition so it better that you have rifle-gun.

DRDO was developing a smooth-bore gun for FMBT. Can anyone give me the info on it??

@The A-5 your right it is very difficult to deign and manufacture 120 mm rifled gin for tanks and Indians some how perfected it.

In the Israeli review of Arjun Tank they have mentioned this point. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
125mm is used on only the lower-end MBTs, mostly of Russian/Ukrainian origin. 120mm is the calibre used by all of the world's best tanks.

Plz tell me why India buy 807 lower-end MBTS T-90, only 124 Arjun Nk1?

Plz tell me why India buy 807 lower-end MBTS T-90, only 124 Arjun Nk1?

ever heared of curruption well babus & netas & Generals wont get there CUT From a publik sector owened cmpany but they get perks from the foriegn suppliers :angry:

aqnd 124 are in service while another 248 are on order and more under evaluation once MK2 passess its trails :azn:

ever heared of curruption well babus & netas & Generals wont get there CUT From a publik sector owened cmpany but they get perks from the foriegn suppliers :angry:

aqnd 124 are in service while another 248 are on order and more under evaluation once MK2 passess its trails :azn:

I heard that India plans to have 1,640 T-90 tanks in service by 2018–2020

I heard that India plans to have 1,640 T-90 tanks in service by 2018–2020

well whats wrong with that sir T90 is a medium tank suited for strike forces and is well suited for high altitude mountains & soft plains where as Arjun is a heavy Tank more suited for defensive deuties and desert Warfare :cheers:

Mate it is also based on the weight of the tank, Arjun is a heavy tank and some terrains like Thar need light and maneuverable tanks so T-90.

@The A-5 your right it is very difficult to deign and manufacture 120 mm rifled gin for tanks and Indians some how perfected it.

In the Israeli review of Arjun Tank they have mentioned this point. :cheers:

Can I get this document?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Hurt

and besides T90 & Arjun India will have some 2500 T 72 & Tank EX(arjun turret on upg T72 chasiss) aswell :cheers:

......& rifle barrel also provide much greater punch & penetration power as well as accuracy compare to smoothbore. On the opoosite side it need much little more maintenance & perhaps rifle-gun has bigger service life compare to the smooth-bore.
So even lesser muzzle-velocity provide much greater punch to the round.

Smothbore is preferred by many countries because it can delivered more variety of ammo, but as ARJUN gun is already capable of firing of wide variety of ammunition so it better that you have rifle-gun.

DRDO was developing a smooth-bore gun for FMBT. Can anyone give me the info on it??

Plz tell me why Germany‎ ,France,Russia,Japan‎ ,United States,Israel and China choose smooth-bore?

Plz tell me why Germany‎ ,France,Russia,Japan‎ ,United States,Israel and China choose smooth-bore?

well they have diff requirements ans we have diff besides care to tell me why british still using rifeled guns and as i hear challenger tanks have the highest kill ratio of any tank gun

Plz tell me when you can produce Arjun ?

we are already producing them sir full scale production is not in as army is waiting for MK2 to get trails done after that i wont be surprised if more than 500 arjun MK2 ordered so :cheers:

Its depend on country that suit to its requirement.

But most commons views about smooth-bore is that-

1)- As rifle-gun has better range, but as technology is improved, this feature of rifle-gun significantly reduced. This happen due now smoothbore-guns are able to fire much more accuracy, due well stable plate-form & better FCS, ever than before. & visibility limitation are frequently occurred beyond the range.

2)-Smoothbore-gun is much easier to manufacture & also cost reduction can achieve.

3)- Most important because now variety of ammu & missile are developed which give more punch to smoothbore, leads many country towards smoothbore.

Back
Top Bottom