What's new

PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

There were news that the trials of MK2 has already started .

The news was that certain Mk.2 components like the new ERA tiles or gunner sight if gear box or others but no, not the entire production-ready Mk.2, like I said this is atleast 1 year away from being ready.

+ just like certain parts of the LCA MK.2 will be tested on certain Mk.1 LSPs once Mk.1 is in service with the IAF.

arjun+2+1.JPG

arjun+2+2.JPG

Livefist: PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

Livefist: India's Arjun Mk.2 Tank Revealed

for more details with ease, members can visit this thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/201380-indias-arjun-mk-2-tank-revealed.html

BRUTE!!!

Is that KANCHAN reactive armour on Mk II?

BRUTE!!!

Is that KANCHAN reactive armour on Mk II?

Kanchan is not a reactive armor.

The news was that certain Mk.2 components like the new ERA tiles or gunner sight if gear box or others but no, not the entire production-ready Mk.2, like I said this is atleast 1 year away from being ready.

+ just like certain parts of the LCA MK.2 will be tested on certain Mk.1 LSPs once Mk.1 is in service with the IAF.

I believe Arjun M1A/M2 does not have any reactive armor at all. Those plates I think are composite armor (non-
reactive) arranged in a sloped degree, as an addition to the much stronger Kanchan armor inside.

These are all fine. But there is no point in putting these pics and a thread, until it is really inducted.

We have already seen many threads on this. WE should just wait on induction and thats the real victory for our scientist

Hey wont that guy on top of the tank go deaf ? he seems to have no protection for the ears ....

Hmmm looks good may be they will showcase it near HVF grounds on Jan 26th if they do I will try to snap few pics IF they allow it.

From what I understand this is NOT the Mk.2 rather Mk.1 which has been customised with some of the Mk.2's features. The full spec Mk.2 is around 1 year away until then the many upgrades of the Mk.2 will be tested on different customised Mk.1s for instance another Mk.1 will be used to test the new power plant, another will test the new electronics such as the APS and RCWS etc etc.

We will have to wait a while bottle we see the full-spec Mk.2 the IA have ordered.
this is exactly what prasun sengupta said.... the tank shown here is Arjun-1A... but then also,there is conformation required that it is not mk-2 as no one said anything about this tank being upgraded arjun and not actually the mk-2 version

Is it just me or does it look like the Tiger or the Tiger II tanks from the German Panzer Divisions ! :undecided:

The Tigers were a bunch of nasty basterds ! :tup:

Hey wont that guy on top of the tank go deaf ? he seems to have no protection for the ears ....

No, it doesn't hurt that much. Some people wear noise cancellation headphones even while firing pistols. :)

Who is buying tanks these days ... can we look for an export possibility in future?

I must add.. in the world of ballistic missiles and deep penetrating air force, full fledged wars (when fought by decently armed countries) will not be fought at the borders alone.

Hence, tanks no longer make a "war-winner" like Germans used the panzers.

We can't take Arjun across Himalayas into China... a bit tooo heavy to transport by air too !!!

Against pakistan, this may be an overkill in some sense.. and even there a full fledged war (like 1965 or 1971) means war not at the border alone.

Good to have Arjun ... but tanks alone don't win wars, unlike 50 years ago.

Perhaps, we should look to export it .. to make some bucks. And save some bucks by stop buying anything after the T-90s currently in production.

& here is the competitor from neighbor ..

0COgC.jpg

Is it Al Khalid-II? Has it come out yet? What are the specs?

I thought Pakistan only had Al Khalid-I, which is , as we were discussing, superior to Indian Arjun-I...

I'd be eager to see what Al Khalid-II carries...will Al Khalid series maintain its superiority over Arjuns? or will Arjuns come back? Interesting little competition in the sub-continent...

Your Arjun looks decent. Reminds me of the good old leopards. What confuses me is the era placement in the front. Why the hell did they copy the AK and the t90 design instead of making solid bricks.

Back
Top Bottom