What's new

INDIA TO START TRIALS OF 160 KM STRIKE RANGE ASTRA MK-2 MISSILE THIS YEAR

On a side note, what this means "in 2021 only"!!
Why Indians add only to almost every second sentence, in spoken or written English!!
Just asking, its baffles me.

So, where was MK1 on 27th Feb 2019!!
We will see when MKII arives, what it would do.
Atleast we have indigenous missles, you’ll have to import everything.

Atleast we have indigenous missles, you’ll have to import everything.

oh I got it, but i call them "Indigenius".
Your missiles are as indigenous as indigenous goes, that is Indian style. Everything imported, concept borrowed, all major and important parts imported, foreign technical help acquired for design and production.

Yes, sure, "IndiGenius" it is. :omghaha: :omghaha:

Will is a very dangerous word especially when imply on DRDO products, How many top edge weapons Indian armed forces acquired from DRDO and operational?

it has it's contribution i would say, at least it gives them a boost to buy foreign

oh I got it, but i call them "Indigenius".
Your missiles are as indigenous as indigenous goes, that is Indian style. Everything imported, concept borrowed, all major and important parts imported, foreign technical help acquired for design and production.

Yes, sure, "IndiGenius" it is. :omghaha: :omghaha:
Jealousy isse kehte hai :azn: .
Pata hai ki sab India me banta hai, lekin fir bolna bhi toh hai ki India sirf imported maal assemble karta hai. Lolz.

Literally every butthurt dude says same thing, “Indians import foreign components”. Just google how many labs we have for R&D, you don’t have enough talent pool, enough infrastructure, enough lab, enough moeny yet you believe that you make weapons indigenously.

Jealousy isse kehte hai :azn: .
Pata hai ki sab India me banta hai, lekin fir bolna bhi toh hai ki India sirf imported maal assemble karta hai. Lolz.

Literally every butthurt dude says same thing, “Indians import foreign components”. Just google how many labs we have for R&D, you don’t have enough talent pool, enough infrastructure, enough lab, enough moeny yet you believe that you make weapons indigenously.

Well, facts are facts. India's "IndiGenius" is as fake as India and its people themselves.

R & D and production platforms/infrastructure is not there, because we had people like Nawaz/Zardari ruling over Pakistan, they believe in building personal infrastructure in London and Dubai etc.
As for Talent Pool, Pakistanis are way more talented than Indians, without shadow of a doubt.

Well, facts are facts. India's "IndiGenius" is as fake as India and its people themselves.
Just go to D F I you get better info on forums than deluded pakistanis polluting threads opened by someone whom you call as fake. Ignore us then, in this forum not even a single pic or facts I found regarding any development of weapons or something, just pure speculations. Just checkout D.F.I if you think I’m wrong.
As for Talent Pool, Pakistanis are way more talented than Indians, without shadow of a doubt.
Where? In which talent?Neither you have any comparative manufacturing scale like us, nor an IT Company even close to us, or Innovation index even close to us, or ease of doing business even close to us. Just self patting lolz. So much talent that you despite having started space program Before us are unable to even make satellites themselves while we are far ahead of you. So stop this BS ”we are more talented”. You don’t have anything to show hence you mock our achievements as western tech or imported maal.

R & D and production platforms/infrastructure is not there, because we had people like Nawaz/Zardari ruling over Pakistan, they believe in building personal infrastructure in London and Dubai etc.

you are replying to an AH which is of no use. they day this breed will learn to live honorably, life will end on the planet.

INDIA TO START TRIALS OF 160 KM STRIKE RANGE ASTRA MK-2 MISSILE THIS YEAR
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2021 BY INDIAN DEFENCE NEWS
View attachment 716529
Indian Airforce Su-30MKI firing an Astra MK1 Air-to-Air Missile.

NEW DELHI: In a step that would establish its superiority in air combat over China and Pakistan, India would start testing the Astra MK-2 beyond visual range air to air missile, which would be capable of taking down enemy aircraft from a range of 160 kilometres.

The extended range Astra MK-2 would give India an edge over its adversaries and would add more lethality to its fighter jets in aerial combat, like the one which happened a day after the Balakot airstrikes on February 26, 2019.

"The trial for the Astra MK-2 would be starting in the second half of this year and we are hoping to see the missile fully developed by 2022," government officials told ANI.

The next-generation missile is expected to be operational by the next year-end, former Central Air Commander Air Marshal SBP Sinha (Retd) said.

The retired officer has been associated with the Astra missile programme for a long time now.

The Astra is a beyond visual range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM), which flies over four times the speed of sound at Mach 4.5. Efforts are now on to integrate the over 100 km strike range missile on the indigenous fighter aircraft TEJAS.

The all-weather day and night capable Astra, which currently has a strike range of around 100-km, will eventually replace the expensive Russian, French and Israeli BVRAAMs that are currently imported to arm IAF fighters.

The Indian Air Force and Indian navy have already given orders for 288 Astra MK-1 Missiles which are already "proven" on the Russian-origin Sukhoi-30MKI fighters.

Source>>

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

This is comparatively lighter, Faster and more maneuverable. This is a formidable system and better than anything India's enemies have. When this will be fired from AESA equipped Tejas Mk1A with very low RCS, enemy will not even know what hit it. Tejas Mk1A will be able to fire this missile even before India's enemy will be able to see MK1A.

It will have AESA seeker and laser proximity fuse instead of radar proximity fuse which will make it resistant to jamming.
DRDO's AESA seeker was displayed at recently concluded Aero India
EtR9hcWVEAIIJq5

It will have AESA seeker and laser proximity fuse instead of radar proximity fuse which will make it resistant to jamming.
DRDO's AESA seeker was displayed at recently concluded Aero India
EtR9hcWVEAIIJq5

This is excellent. We have put something in missile which others are struggling to put in plane. This will enhance the accuracy of the missile. It has high thrust dual pulse motor which shall power the missile till the end game.

Yupp, denial is the first stage... then comes anger.
So you are angry now? cool man.....

DRDO still batter thousands of people run their kitchen because of DRDO.

Think positive.

There are a lot of projects in DRDO pipeline, which ones can be called a success? Anyone can share more from DRDO divisioins and some of their projects.. As an innovator, this is great stuff which has been shared here.

Interestingly, the much “proven” Astra was nowhere to be seen on the 27th and the poor Avenger flight was sent with R-77s.

Back
Top Bottom