What's new

PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

Right,a tank that in all probability can't even penetrate arjun's frontal armour is superior.Compared to the 65 ton hulking beast AK is a medium sized 45 ton tin can truth be told.

I have no time to listen to your jingoistic crap. Go tell this to Pakistanis etc. I state what I see. I have discussed, in detail, about how Al Khalid-1 is a superior tank to Arjun-1 when it comes to specifications etc. I'm not talking about Arjun-II though.

BTW, Arjun-1 is some 58 tons and not 65 tons...

And Al Khalid's KOMBAT ATGMs, fired from 125 smoothbore gun, can't penetrate Arjun? Ok.......... :rolleyes:

If you want to really talk about Al Khalid-1 vs Arjun-1, then go see my this detailed post
Here and reply to it...don't shoot blind arrows ...

I have no time to listen to your jingoistic crap. Go tell this to Pakistanis etc. I state what I see. I have discussed, in detail, about how Al Khalid-1 is a superior tank to Arjun-1 when it comes to specifications etc. I'm not talking about Arjun-II though.

BTW, Arjun-1 is some 58 tons and not 65 tons...

And Al Khalid's KOMBAT ATGMs, fired from 125 smoothbore gun, can't penetrate Arjun? Ok.......... :rolleyes:

If you want to really talk about Al Khalid-1 vs Arjun-1, then go see my this detailed post
Here and reply to it...don't shoot blind arrows ...

I think he was talking of tank ammo, not ATGMs. No tank goes around carrying ATGMs in large nos.

Even T-80 can fire ATGMs and kill Abrams, that doesn't mean T-80 can take out Abrams all the time.
Using 125mm tank ammo can't penetrate Arjun's side armor atleast. The same type of tank ammo (120mm)
can rip through ERA and the RHA armor used on AK nicely.

I think he was talking of tank ammo, not ATGMs. No tank goes around carrying ATGMs in large nos.

Even T-80 can fire ATGMs and kill Abrams, that doesn't mean T-80 can take out Abrams all the time.
Using 125mm tank ammo can't penetrate Arjun's side armor atleast. The same type of tank ammo (120mm)
can rip through ERA and the RHA armor used on AK nicely.

You must be joking.

Al Khalid's 125mm smoothbore gun is useless but Arjun's 120mm rifled gun is great?

Don't talk about things you don't know...you actually sound funny.

Al Khalid-1 is superior to Arjun-1 in firepower and mobility.

You must be joking.

Al Khalid's 125mm smoothbore gun is useless but Arjun's 120mm rifled gun is great?

Rifled gun induces spin on the projectile which will give high penetration power compared to smooth bore gun.

Indians perfected the Rifled bore Gun of Arjun which will give some edge in Tank fire power.

Rifled gun induces spin on the projectile which will give high penetration power compared to smooth bore gun.

Indians perfected the Rifled bore Gun of Arjun which will give some edge in Tank fire power.

I bet you looked up the "wikipedia" about what is rifled gun, and then wrote the above gibberish. :lol:

Yeah indians "perfected" a ww2 technology that most Armies don't even use now...lol

Please, when you don't have enough knowledge about some subject, don't talk about it then.

I bet you looked up the "wikipedia" about what is rifled gun, and then wrote the above gibberish. :lol:

Yeah indians "perfected" a ww2 technology that most Armies don't even use now...lol

Please, when you don't have enough knowledge about some subject, don't talk about it then.

Read about the Israeli review on Indian rifled bore gun and talk about it. You have no idea about what you are talking here.

Rifled Gun is more devastating than sooth bore gun.

Rifled gun stabilizes the projectile makes the shot accurate and gives it has more penetration power.

Arjun has the edge here.

Well british challenger use that ww2 rifle gun & it is consider most accurate tank.:tongue:

Well british challenger use that ww2 rifle gun & it is consider most accurate tank.:tongue:

Also the world record for the longest-ranged tank hit is held by a 120mm rifled gun of Challenger-II.

Coming to comparison of 125mm v/s 120mm, 120mm is the more preferred one. Abrams, Challenger, Lecrelc,
Leopard, Type-90, Merkava, all have 120mm guns.

You must be joking.

You and your stupid wikipedia number comparisons.

125mm is used on only the lower-end MBTs, mostly of Russian/Ukrainian origin. 120mm is the calibre used by all of the world's best tanks.

Smoothbore isn't necessarily seuperior to rifled-bore. Put up a smoothbore-equipped T-72 v/s a rifled-bore equpped Challenger-2 and see what hits better.

What matters is the impact velocity. AK fires HEAT rounds at 950m/s while Arjun Mk-1 does that at 1,650m/s. Arjun's "rifled" gun velocity is almost coming close to Abrams' velocity while AK's "smoothbore" velocity is far lesser.

Mobility? Torsion-bar suspension can never be superior to hydro-pneumatic suspension off-road. Read some good sources instead of wikipedia articles that can be edited by any bloke in town.
@Teeta

You can ask PDF tank expert Zraver to up your comprehension of MBT capabilities and tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read about the Israeli review on Indian smooth bore gun and talk about it. You have no idea about what you are talking here.

Rifled Gun is more devastating than sooth bore gun.

Rifled gun stabilizes the projectile makes the shot accurate and gives it has more penetration power.

Arjun has the edge here.

Direct quote from wikipedia article on "Rifle guns" :rofl:

Don't try hard.

Btw, can I have the "Israeli review" of indian smoothbore guns etc?

Don't try hard.

The first Indian smoothbore gun that can fire rounds at same velocity as Abrams is now under trials.

You and your stupid wikipedia number comparisons.

125mm is used on only the lower-end MBTs, mostly of Russian/Ukrainian origin. 120mm is the calibre used by all of the world's best tanks.

Smoothbore isn't necessarily seuperior to rifled-bore. Put up a smoothbore-equipped T-72 v/s a rifled-bore equpped Challenger-2 and see what hits better.

What matters is the impact velocity. AK fires HEAT rounds at 950m/s while Arjun Mk-1 does that at 1,650m/s. Arjun's "rifled" gun velocity is almost coming close to Abrams' velocity while AK's "smoothbore" velocity is far lesser.

Mobility? Torsion-bar suspension can never be superior to hydro-pneumatic suspension off-road. Read some good sources instead of wikipedia articles that can be edited by any bloke in town.
@Teeta

You can ask PDF tank expert Zraver to up your comprehension of MBT capabilities and tech.

Muzzle velocity of Al Khalid-1 is far greater than Arjun-1 one.

Arjun's muzzle velocity, as you said, is somewhere around 1650m/s....Al Khalid-1s' muzzle velocity is 1760m/s. :azn:

Don't waste my time.

Al Khalid's "off-road" speed is somewhere around 62 km/h, while that of Arjun's is 40 km/h ...Al Khalid carries 49 rounds, has autoloader, and superior rate of fire...Arjun carries just 39 rounds, has manual loader, and inferior rate of fire to Al Khalid.

Al Khalid is superior to Arjun in firepower and mobility. A fact.

Now you can keep running in circles though. No one cares.

The first Indian smoothbore gun that can fire rounds at same velocity as Abrams is now under trials.

Good.

Wonder why india is going towards/building "smoothbore" guns? :azn:

Pakistanis already have Pakistan-build smoothbore gun for their tanks..

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't try hard.

Are you gone nuts are what??

I am not quoting from wikipedia.

Muzzle velocity of Al Khalid-1 is far greater than Arjun-1 one.

Arjun's muzzle velocity, as you said, is somewhere around 1650m/s....Al Khalid-1s' muzzle velocity is 1760m/s.

Are you blind? Fool. Im talking of HEAT/HE-FRAG rounds and you're talking of APFSDS rounds's veolcity.

Al-Khalid's velocity for HEAT round is only 850m/s, for HE-FRAG its 950m/s. Sorry for my mistake between HEAT and
HEFRAG back there. 1760m/s is for APFSDS rounds.

Main armament is a 125 mm smoothbore gun fitted with a thermal sleeve and a fume extractor. This can fire APFSDS (muzzle velocity 1,760 m/s), HEAT (muzzle velocity 850 m/s) and HE-FRAG (muzzle velocity 950 m/s).

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...sEBNvxTlcGltXmmPQ&sig2=2P0lDExyHhTEVo8f5YCiiA

Arjun's velocity for HEAT rounds itself is 1650m/s !! That of APFSDS rounds in significantly greater.

Al Khalid's "off-road" speed is somewhere around 62 km/h, while that of Arjun's is 40 km/h

Source? I know PDF professional members saying AK's off-road speed with torsion-bar suspension cannot
be more than 25 kmph.

Al Khalid carries 49 rounds, has autoloader, and superior rate of fire...Arjun carries just 39 rounds, has manual loader, and inferior rate of fire to Al Khalid.

:rofl: Please...atleast read your wikipedia carefully.:rofl:

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...X98CHC9w5EgXPXMZA&sig2=bnDTK1qBPmwuqqbddzt0Iw

Al-Khalid carried only 39 rounds of ammo, what fool told you that it carries 49 ?

ARJUN carries 39 when using blast-proff canisters (something AK lacks), when carrying them plain (like AK), it can carry
44 rounds. Since when did 39 become a larger no. than 44?:lol:

Good.

Wonder why india is going towards/building "smoothbore" guns?

Rifled guns are harder to make than smoothbores. The one for Arjun M2 gives more velocity and now
has better FCS, therefore.

Pakistanis already have Pakistan-build smoothbore gun for their tanks.

Licensing a chinese gun and assembling it in-house doesn't make it pakistani. But you wanna believe thats
its indigenous pakistani stuff. go ahead and live in that delusion.

India has built the rifled 120mm gun from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom