What's new

PEW research. Majority of population favours Sharia Law.

That is stupid, too. Head cover is perfectly fine with me as long as the face is exposed.
Then we agree. Afghans have their own cultural restrictions stricter than Islamic requirement in my opinion. There is no requirement to cover the face and every Muslim woman covers the hair during prayers and inside a mosque as is required. See videos from early 1900s in the West. Most women wore head dress and all had long skirts even ankles didn't show. And they didn't have the right to vote in America.

Then we agree. Afghans have their own cultural restrictions stricter than Islamic requirement in my opinion. There is no requirement to cover the face and every Muslim woman covers the hair during prayers and inside a mosque as is required. See videos from early 1900s in the West. Most women wore head dress and all had long skirts even ankles didn't show. And they didn't have the right to vote in America.
Inside a mosque, I think it is fine to cover faces. I would even recommend men cover their faces there, too. Outside religious places, let's at least show people are people, not like scary ghosts.

Inside a mosque, I think it is fine to cover faces. I would even recommend men cover their faces there, too. Outside religious places, let's at least show people are people, not like scary ghosts.

Why not let the individual decide? Maybe they don't want to show their face.

Sharia law is very beautiful law but a society where corruption and lies/deception is widespread then we need to be careful with certain parts ie punishment etc. People always talk about bringing the Sharia law to the public but what about the corruption in military, establishment, government, judiciary, police and all state institutes, we should start there and slowly 50% + corruption will disappear. Sharia law is also about justice, peace, human rights, women rights, Children rights, animal rights, we need to work on that alot.

if you continue to use paper or digital transactions, then chor prime minister will easily make your money vanish like magic. but switching to gold n silver old fashion currency makes it very hard to steal n put away whos going to carry big a ss bag of gold. the disadvantage of old fashion currency is weight and size etc which is adavantage when trying to reduce the magic of disappearance.

Why not let the individual decide? Maybe they don't want to show their face.
That is perfectly fine, too. Some people do like to cover their faces and it is not just for pandemic. For example, some women's faces were burnt in fire accidents. But MOST women want to show their faces, at least it makes breathing easier. Folks during this covid pandemic should know how uncomfortable it is to wear a facial mask whenever going out.

Here in Canada, some Muslim women cover themselves completely. People ignore them. They can only interact with their own kind. That is their choice. It is enforced covering that people abhor.

There is no requirement to cover the face in the religion of Islam for men or women. It is CULTURAL. Hajj in the holiest site, the top annual ritual in Islam does NOT allow women to cover face in the state of Hajj ritual.

That is perfectly fine, too. Some people do like to cover their faces and it is not just for pandemic. For example, some women's faces were burnt in fire accidents. But MOST women want to show their faces, at least it makes breathing easier. Folks during this covid pandemic should know how uncomfortable it is to wear a facial mask whenever going out.

Here in Canada, some Muslim women cover themselves completely. People ignore them. They can only interact with their own kind. That is their choice. It is enforced covering that people abhor.

I think forced covering or uncovering are both the problem and letting people decide is the best way to let everyone get what they want.

I think it just goes to show the intellectual bankruptcy in Muslim society that discussion around shariah focuses on ill conceived notions about dress.

You are not Muslim, and you are not expected to know the correct answer but we Muslims should be able to answer such simple questions quickly and comprehensively and move on the debate to more important matters.

The biggest issue facing the world today is an unfair distribution of wealth. Shariah has an answer to that.

I think it just goes to show the intellectual bankruptcy in Muslim society that discussion around shariah focuses on ill conceived notions about dress.

You are not Muslim, and you are not expected to know the correct answer but we Muslims should be able to answer such simple questions quickly and comprehensively and move on the debate to more important matters.

The biggest issue facing the world today is an unfair distribution of wealth. Shariah has an answer to that.

Excellent comment!

Highlights from the research. Especially important is Pakistan.

View attachment 776422

View attachment 776423

View attachment 776424

View attachment 776425

View attachment 776426

View attachment 776427

View attachment 776429

Although preferance for Sharia law existed for decades but normal people were never bothered by the current set of laws in Pakistan as their was harmony and tolerance in a society where moderate liberals, moderate religious people and devout religious segment in our society all go about their daily lives. Their religious values or their culture did not feel threatened. Condemnation of extremism/terrorism came from all segments of our society.

Now with the recent extreme push towards liberal extremism especially giving the very minute minority and their agendas more platform and voice especially in the grab of so called freedom of expression where as actively subduing/suffocating/denying the voice of majority by labelling anyone with even moderate religious views as backward, illiterate and extremist.
Actively mocking Islam teachings and its values.
Promoting indecency, infidelity, promiscuity, adultery, LGBT trends as fashion and anyone who who does not agree is called a mullah who is against right to work, right to education, freedom to choose who you marry as a tool to suppress criticism ( in fact Islam allows everything).

The constitution of our society is not very far off from Afghanistan. Same as a limited kabul circle, the most vocal in Afghanistan mistaken for voice of majority turned out to be a negligible minority on ground. Don't fool this over representation of certain sponsored agendas and western ideologies and promote destabilisation and extremism in our society.
The moral turpitude of the same nation touches new heights daily. It is easier to wear religion on one's sleeves than to walk the talk when push comes to shove.

The only reason I would not want a Law based on Quran and Sunnah, is because the leaders of today is corrupt and dishonest, they will corrupt the system itself and distort its image as we saw in history, Bring me a Leader like Muhammad SAW, Abu Bakr, Umar , Uthman and Ali RA to all and I will have no issue with Shariah.

Yes sharia is right of those demanding it .

no issue , when you are in rome .......
France has issue with Taliban though. Macron made special mention for Afghan women rights after Taliban took over. I have the same concern for French women rights to wear head scarf. It should be none of anyone's business if an office worker wears a scarf in a government office for religious or cultural reasons. Same way Sikhs wear turbans everywhere. It is human right.

The only reason I would not want a Law based on Quran and Sunnah, is because the leaders of today is corrupt and dishonest, they will corrupt the system itself and distort its image as we saw in history, Bring me a Leader like Muhammad SAW, Abu Bakr, Umar , Uthman and Ali RA to all and I will have no issue with Shariah.

It's coming; according to Islamic prophecy... Allegedly. Perhaps you disagree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom