What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume that you are wondering what possibly went wrong and that too suddenly? A withdrawal occurred, this time from the religious extremism which was being given to the Pakistani populace since the 80's by each regime, that suddenly stopped after the attacks on twin towers after which the policy turned 180 degrees, its just the people adjusting to the "lack of the substance" they once had!

No. I was not really even 'wondering'. I knew such change was not possible in a mere 10 years in a majority population of over 150 millions.

I don't think I have gotten the 'sense' that Pakistanis are hell-bent on blowing themselves up. Way back in the early 2000s' Musharraf used '1%' Pakistanis are extremists? Pakistan could not survive if even 5% were extremists.

The acts of terrorism in Pakistan cannot be removed from the events of 9/11--I had alluded to those above. I don't have any answers but I don't believe that 150+ million people decided to go bezerkly religious in a short span of 10 years. I believe ALL acts of terrorism inside Pakistan are secular in nature--for power grab.

Lashing out against Islam is not going to work. Expected better from a senior mod. What Islam is being taught to Pakistani kids in school ? Whenever I come to Pakistan I like to amuse myself by asking various kids in the family questions on Islam. They know nothing. How are they going to learn Islamic values if their teachers don't know what Islamic values are. Do you seriously think that if the entire population of Pakistan was well grounded in Islamic principles and values the TTP could survive, much less claim to be the vanguard of the Muslims ?
Indeed, we should send all the children to Madarsas from now on! These people know the religion better than you, even if they dont have the actual faith inside or interpret the religion wrongly. This isn't a matter of lack of religion, the state's been teaching a certain brand of extremist Islam for too long, indoctrinating people.
Rattafication for the sake of exams and to avoid getting caned is not teaching!

That is what I am saying in Afghanistan hit them ourselves not ask Afghan government to do something
They said they are not involved:

Afghan Taliban releases statement condemning attack on Pakistani school

By THOMAS JOSCELYN

December 16, 2014

The Afghan Taliban has released a statement, attributed to "Zabihullah Mujahid," the group's official spokesman, condemning the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar today.

The statement was released on the Afghan Taliban's official Urdu website. The Pakistani Taliban is not named in the short statement, but the Afghan Taliban says it expresses "sorrow over the tragedy and grief for the families of the victims."

"Innocent men, women and children were killed intentionally" and this is against "Islamic principles." The Afghan Taliban claims it has "always condemned the killing of innocent people and children."

Of course, the Afghan Taliban regularly kills innocent people. For example, the United Nations reported in July that there were approximately 4,853 civilian casualties in Afghanistan in the first six months of 2014. The UN attributed 74 percent of these casualties to anti-government elements, including the Taliban, and said that the "onus" was on the Taliban and other anti-government forces to reduce civilian casualties.

Still the Afghan Taliban, led by Mullah Omar, has been attempting to avoid high-profile attacks on civilians. In a message celebrating the end of Ramadan earlier this year, Omar stressed, "Every caution should be taken to protect life and property of the public during [jihadist] operations, so that, God forbid, someone is harmed." Omar said that the Taliban's "Department of Prevention of Civilian Casualties should seriously pay attention to its task to prevent civilian casualties." [See LWJ report, Analysis: Mullah Omar addresses governance of Afghanistan, war against 'invaders' in new message.]

Omar's speech shows that the Afghan Taliban is sensitive to the criticism that its operations cause far more damage to civilians than its opponents do. Like al Qaeda and other jihadist groups, the Afghan Taliban is attempting to win additional hearts and minds for its cause. And the attack on the school in Peshawar, where dozens of children were slaughtered, will likely reduce, not increase, popular support for the jihadists' goals.

The inner workings of the relationship between the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban groups are not clear. The Pakistani Taliban and its leader, Mullah Fazlullah, are openly loyal to Mullah Omar.

In October, for instance, several Pakistani Taliban commanders reportedly swore bayat (oath of allegiance) to the Islamic State's Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, thereby breaking their previous allegiance to Omar. The circumstances surrounding this defection remain murky. [See LWJreport, Discord dissolves Pakistani Taliban coalition.]

However, the Pakistani Taliban released a statement saying that Mullah Fazlullah had previously pledged his organization's loyalty to the "Emir of the Believers Mullah Muhammad Omar." This was a not so subtle indication that that Pakistani Taliban's existing leadership was not going to break ranks with the Afghan Taliban leader in favor of Baghdadi.

It remains to be seen if the Afghan Taliban's condemnation of the school assault has any additional ramifications, or is merely rhetoric.

I don't care about the debates of why these savages did what they did. I want retribution, I want justice. I want the entire ttp slaughtered, I want their sympathizers captured and given the death penalty. Anyone who says this the reaction of 9/11 or whatnot, hang them on the charges of accessory to terrorism.

Where are the "Free Palestine" Arabs that called me a stateless Tatar and laughed about my people's dilemma in Crimea? This Taliban is a relic of your dirty deeds. I hope Pakistanis flush out people like you from their country and also their sphere of influence.

Barricade the entire TTP infested area, call for exodus of all civilians from the area with the correct screening... Utilize one of your fancy tactical nukes to give what these scumbags deserve....

Islamic values can be learned from:

1. Holy Quran
2. Teachings and code of conduct of Holy Prophet (PBUH)

Prerequisites are reading and learning.

Unfortunately, many pay attention to the individuals, but not the authentic Islamic sources of knowledge referred above. This fundamental flaw in the mindset of people should be addressed with cultural indoctrination and this is possible from the efforts of committed leadership.

Also, many primary schools do not offer Islamic teachings in their curriculum. They are busy teaching Oliver the thief and other useless crap.

Jamal uddin Afghani once said, "every Muslim is sick and his only remedy is in the Koran." To which an Irish parliamentarian replied, "unfortunately the sickness gets worse the more the remedy is taken". Forget the Islamic values, what about learning the basic human values first that predate the best ever written Arabic book by several centuries?

Barricade the entire TTP infested area, call for exodus of all civilians from the area with the correct screening... Utilize one of your fancy tactical nukes to give what these scumbags deserve....
Not possible, TTP is spread in the whole country and got sleepers cell most probably who know.

well lets hope the lame government has the balls to make a sensible decision tomorrow and give execution orders for all those terrorist in jails and who ever comes to save them on the basis of human rights and no offence to fellow Indian colleagues if there is an involvement of Indian elements then condemn it and say it publically and ask Indian establishment for answers

Both the SSG officers embraced martyrdom?

difference....... our ssg should be highly equiped...
also look at this difference ...
9320ABAD-A386-43CC-A715-C608ACC71D98_w640_r1_s.jpg
article-0-01AC78B700000578-551_468x286.jpg
9320ABAD-A386-43CC-A715-C608ACC71D98_w640_r1_s.jpg
article-0-01AC78B700000578-551_468x286.jpg
jackal_light_wheeled_personnel_carrier_British_army_002.jpg

Tank man. You are a reasonable person.

I like the way you think.

One of the immediate measures to be taken now is a forceful resignation of the civilian/militaey intelligence officer.

If they failed to do their job....let someone else takeover and come up with new strategies.

I expect few resignations from the KPK government, police and Intel agencies.

Holding someone accountable forces them to cut the slack. You will also see lack of coordination (on this topic) go away if people are held accountable.

No one person alone failed to do his job - it was collective. Getting intelligence officers to resign alone wont work, because their budget is being eaten by the civilian governments and politicians. New strategies would fail just as badly if its just one guy in an office trying to implement them.

I too expect some officials to resign, but more than that we need to punish the hundreds if not thousands of captured terrorists in our jails and prisons - the judiciary was supposed to punish them, should we start getting judges to resign too? If we go on a resignation witch-hunt, we won't get much done.

I understand your idea but we need to do more than hold people, or ourselves, responsible. We need to be able to support our troops while covering their backs, get accountability and show resolve against terrorists. In my opinion, the best way to do that is:

1) - Realism. Realistic analysis of the event. We already know how about the uniforms they used and the car etc,and ISPR claims they have intercepted and monitored their communications,
2) - Resolve. No fear mongering, no hate-spewing - unity against terrorism. All political parties must unite to condemn this and at least on the political/public level, combat terrorism. People who continue to support TTP must be taken care of.
3) - Response. Publicly hang the TTP terrorists. Reportedly we have about 2000 of them in our jails. That should be enough to hang ten of them in every city and town in Pakistan.
4) - Prevention. This is where officials and their incompetence comes in. The army and every political party must, together, work on creating a strategy to prevent this from ever happening again, whether it involves appointing new officers or increasing budgets etc.

All this is , of course, assuming that politicians stop their bickering, put aside their interests and work for the safety of innocent children in the country. Since it was so personal for the Army, I'm sure they'll push for this. All that's needed is public and political support.

Inshallah.

I don't care about the debates of why these savages did what they did. I want retribution, I want justice. I want the entire ttp slaughtered, I want their sympathizers captured and given the death penalty. Anyone who says this the reaction of 9/11 or whatnot, hang them on the charges of accessory to terrorism.

I think you know me long enough to know what I meant above: Not giving any 'excuses' for these sub-human forms. Pointing out that suicide bombing was non-existent in Pakistan until after 9/11. Forces have been unleashed in Pakistan; at least partly because of the myopic policies. Regardless, these scums need to be removed ruthlessly. To hell with 'due process' or 'human rights' or 'political correctness'.

Pakistan needs go on a on a 'total war' in FATA. That's the starting point. And looks like these sub-humans are already feeling the heat.

IMO, Islamic studies should be compulsory for all Pakistani nationals. This strategy would significantly increase awareness of true tenets of Islam in Pakistan.

Actually, the correct solution is to get the state OUT of its collusion with religion completely and let religion fall into the personal domain only, where it correctly belongs. Get it out of ALL schools and offices and institutions and let people decide however to follow it in their personal lives. Or not. As they wish. On a personal level only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom