What's new

Peshawar Massacre - TTP kills hundreds of school kids (Avoid graphic pics/vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Afghan Taliban are not as barbaric as these hired agents of the dotheads and the NDS.

Afghan Taliban releases statement condemning attack on Pakistani school
By THOMAS JOSCELYNDecember 16, 2014

The Afghan Taliban has released a statement, attributed to "Zabihullah Mujahid," the group's official spokesman, condemning the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar today.

The statement was released on the Afghan Taliban's official Urdu website. The Pakistani Taliban is not named in the short statement, but the Afghan Taliban says it expresses "sorrow over the tragedy and grief for the families of the victims."

"Innocent men, women and children were killed intentionally" and this is against "Islamic principles." The Afghan Taliban claims it has "always condemned the killing of innocent people and children."

Read more: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/12/afghan_taliban_relea.php#ixzz3M6VQ8Bl6

Now that is a new twist :unsure:

@Oscar and others who wanted random bombing....

gpjs89jj-1367366017.jpg

As for the Arab praying.. I point to the increase in the number of people who just switched their shalwar qameez for a thawb..and started clasping their hands on their chest instead of their waist.. Sure.. they are doing the whole pray to god routine and so on.. but what changed their minds about a thawb being more effective at it instead of say Levis and a T-Shirt?

You have a strong point here brother , and I've lost count the amount of times I have asked people about their sudden adoption of a prayer style and the ditching of what is a very comprehensive and well suited fiqh, in the form of Hanafi jurisprudence. Of course the answer stems along the lines of what they followed is biddah, shirk, people are mushriks and taqleed is outdated. Of course they encounter the pitfall of literal interpretation and carry on without the motion of any tafsir, if it's Quran, or Sharh if it is hadith going with it.

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic this one time.

I know a ISIS supporter who topped the best University here, did his MS from the UK.. and today wants to send all those that dont agree with him to hell.
Here's your education.

Unless and Until you tackle the core cause.. i.e. the cancer within this religion.. you can build all the schools for education or create all the jobs for money....and you'll still be at square one.
Bro, RELIGIOUS education. That's what I'm talking about. Otherwise how will you kill the 'cancer within this religion', with an AK47? What, will you nuke Saudi Arabia? Mass-murder whoever you think is a 'Wahabi'? (I know you didn't say this and I'm not twisting your arguments, but many people here seem to like this idea, this is meant to refer to them) What exactly do you mean by 'tackle'?

We can bicker all day long but unless we actually suggest solutions instead of only talking about all the problems like those people on talkshows, it's useless.

Good, now we're getting there. So if someone's choice needs respect.. then how do we decide that what Islamic values are the choice they will choose as their values? Hence my objection at the rather open interpretation of Islamic values. What are these? Because if at the end of having Islam as a core subject from primary school till University we still are not on Islamic values.. clearly choices being made are from incorrect information.
Islamic values can be learned from:

1. Holy Quran
2. Teachings and code of conduct of Holy Prophet (PBUH)

Prerequisites are reading and learning.

Unfortunately, many pay attention to the individuals, but not the authentic Islamic sources of knowledge referred above. This fundamental flaw in the mindset of people should be addressed with cultural indoctrination and this is possible from the efforts of committed leadership.

Also, many primary schools do not offer Islamic teachings in their curriculum. They are busy teaching Oliver the thief and other useless crap.

You have a strong point here brother , and I've lost count the amount of times I have asked people about their sudden adoption of a prayer style and the ditching of what is a very comprehensive and well suited fiqh, in the form of Hanafi jurisprudence. Of course the answer stems along the lines of what they followed is biddah, shirk, people are mushriks and taqleed is outdated. Of course they encounter the pitfall of literal interpretation and carry on without the motion of any tafsir, if it's Quran, or Sharh if it is hadith going with it. You then have the numerous problems around today.

See, these particular issues would make sense if the choice was really made on the basis of such considerations. The problem is that it is NOT.

Islamic values can be learned from:

1. Holy Quran
2. Teachings and code of conduct of Holy Prophet (PBUH)

Prerequisites are reading and learning.

Unfortunately, many pay attention to the individuals, but not the authentic Islamic sources of knowledge referred above. This fundamental flaw in the mindset of people should be addressed with cultural indoctrination and this is possible from the efforts of committed leadership.

Also, many primary schools do not offer Islamic teachings in their curriculum. They are busy teaching Oliver the thief and other bullshit.
Many also jump into hadith as thought they are authentic - many of which are self made or dhaif (esp when they cant prove themselves from the Quran) and take verses out of context

The whole 150+ MILLION people can't possibly have gone the route of fanaticism. Not even a 'majority' has. At most, there is now some 'apathy' setting in, which is natural in all human beings in similar situation. Don't forget that the goons of the Lal Masjid were roundly condemned in Pakistan, that the 2009 Swat operation was nationally supported.

I presume that you are wondering what possibly went wrong and that too suddenly? A withdrawal occurred, this time from the religious extremism which was being given to the Pakistani populace since the 80's by each regime, that suddenly stopped after the attacks on twin towers after which the policy turned 180 degrees, its just the people adjusting to the "lack of the substance" they once had!

Now the question is how to solve this problem any possible suggestions ?
kill every TTP sympathiser ?

You have a strong point here brother , and I've lost count the amount of times I have asked people about their sudden adoption of a prayer style and the ditching of what is a very comprehensive and well suited fiqh, in the form of Hanafi jurisprudence. Of course the answer stems along the lines of what they followed is biddah, shirk, people are mushriks and taqleed is outdated. Of course they encounter the pitfall of literal interpretation and carry on without the motion of any tafsir, if it's Quran, or Sharh if it is hadith going with it.

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic this one time.
also for you @Oscar
Well for me it maybe an individual choice...I was always thought Islam is an easy and natural religion whichever way you feel easy you can take it coz Prophet prayed in various ways and there are hadith to prove it and none are wrong coz all are ways prophet DID pray so choose whichever you are comfortable with!

eg. if you are in an overcrowded masjid maybe doing rafadain might be tough, dont do...it is not a fardh of a namaaz

If you are alone and wish to do rafadain, do so...ALLAH will accept your niyah and know what you are doing...

If you are in a weird masjid and the norms you do are not the norms there, follow them if you wish to blend in and avoid questions (as long as they are not drinking blood in the middle of prayer or something that creepy) if you dont then dont but be prepared to answer curious glances! ...

so you think there is a government hand in this attack? to complete break TTP from other organizations,
What made you say that? :unsure:

Diverse it is, but as a collective approach.. it can be termed as an ideology(even though sufism too has taken on militant forms in chechnya). But is a deliberate reference as an ideology,and the mistake part.. to echo Zardari.."Ye ap ki raye hai". You may consider it as a mistake, I see no reason for it.

Being a sufi has little to do with its usage as a counter ideology, the smaller brush fire to burn out those susceptible to the alternative. Its diversity which you quoted as a disadvantage is the advantage. Its adaptable to the local customs and cultures and will more easily blend into the Madressa in the north as well the Madressa in the south.

The point was it's too wide to be considered an idealogy. I also fail to see how "militant forms" is a valid criticism: it is the bastardization of the doctrine of Jihad, not the doctrine itself, that is the issue.

The sentence "Being a sufi has little to do with its usage as a counter idealogy" makes no sense in lieu of the rest of your paragraph. A Sufi is a practitioner of Sufism (whatever the individual conceives it to be).

Also, are you a believer in a secular state by any chance?

Afghan Taliban releases statement condemning attack on Pakistani school

By THOMAS JOSCELYN

December 16, 2014

The Afghan Taliban has released a statement, attributed to "Zabihullah Mujahid," the group's official spokesman, condemning the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan's attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar today.

The statement was released on the Afghan Taliban's official Urdu website. The Pakistani Taliban is not named in the short statement, but the Afghan Taliban says it expresses "sorrow over the tragedy and grief for the families of the victims."

"Innocent men, women and children were killed intentionally" and this is against "Islamic principles." The Afghan Taliban claims it has "always condemned the killing of innocent people and children."

Of course, the Afghan Taliban regularly kills innocent people. For example, the United Nations reported in July that there were approximately 4,853 civilian casualties in Afghanistan in the first six months of 2014. The UN attributed 74 percent of these casualties to anti-government elements, including the Taliban, and said that the "onus" was on the Taliban and other anti-government forces to reduce civilian casualties.

Still the Afghan Taliban, led by Mullah Omar, has been attempting to avoid high-profile attacks on civilians. In a message celebrating the end of Ramadan earlier this year, Omar stressed, "Every caution should be taken to protect life and property of the public during [jihadist] operations, so that, God forbid, someone is harmed." Omar said that the Taliban's "Department of Prevention of Civilian Casualties should seriously pay attention to its task to prevent civilian casualties." [See LWJ report, Analysis: Mullah Omar addresses governance of Afghanistan, war against 'invaders' in new message.]

Omar's speech shows that the Afghan Taliban is sensitive to the criticism that its operations cause far more damage to civilians than its opponents do. Like al Qaeda and other jihadist groups, the Afghan Taliban is attempting to win additional hearts and minds for its cause. And the attack on the school in Peshawar, where dozens of children were slaughtered, will likely reduce, not increase, popular support for the jihadists' goals.

The inner workings of the relationship between the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban groups are not clear. The Pakistani Taliban and its leader, Mullah Fazlullah, are openly loyal to Mullah Omar.

In October, for instance, several Pakistani Taliban commanders reportedly swore bayat (oath of allegiance) to the Islamic State's Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, thereby breaking their previous allegiance to Omar. The circumstances surrounding this defection remain murky. [See LWJreport, Discord dissolves Pakistani Taliban coalition.]

However, the Pakistani Taliban released a statement saying that Mullah Fazlullah had previously pledged his organization's loyalty to the "Emir of the Believers Mullah Muhammad Omar." This was a not so subtle indication that that Pakistani Taliban's existing leadership was not going to break ranks with the Afghan Taliban leader in favor of Baghdadi.

It remains to be seen if the Afghan Taliban's condemnation of the school assault has any additional ramifications, or is merely rhetoric.

The bastards who themselves systematically massacred the minority races in the country, whilst fighting for Kabul, should be the last ones to falsely seek support in this country, by this new drama! The same people not long ago, condemned the death of Hakeemullah Mehsud and termed him as martyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom